Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Default weird time to be a vh fan?

i think now more than ever it's an odd time to be a vh fan. personally i think this tour has been a huge success. i saw 2 kilelr shows in phoenix and the 2nd show in los angeles. the band was hot both nights. seems since the break ed is playing as well as he has in years. however the tour seems to end in june and one could only imagine how great the future could be if they ever did things the right way. it's almost like this was a tease in a way.

i don't think this is the last tour or last anything from vh. still stickin to my guns and am gonna say we'll get one more of something. i say as long as wolf wants to make music with his dad, ed will keep on playing. it'd be nice to see mike come back for a final tour imo.

also wouldn't be surprised if in a few years some promoter somewhere tries to get all these guys on stage with both singers and mike. i don't think dave would ever do it.

the online community has just been weird with this tour. most people love or hate it, and there's so many fence sitters who say it sucks the way they're doing it and this and that, yet they still go to the shows. i guess we just don't know what to expect anymore? LOL.

personally, i've appreciated it for what it is, and had a damn good time at both shows. the whole thing still seems surreal, yet at the same time like something is missing?

i wish they'd do an album more than anything. that'd be priceless

but hell if that last show i saw at staples was the last time i see vh touring, i think i can live with it. the whole experience was amazing.

good luck fellas whatever ya do. just do your best to stay happy and healthy!

long live halen!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

First of all, it's great to see you cos we've kinda been playin' phone tag for the past bit. Secondly, what a stellar post and it just goes to show what's missing at certain places. Next, no it's NOT a "weird time to be a VH fan" at all. Only here.

CANDYGRAM... <--- Oh no, I feel him coming?

Seriously and excluding a new album, what's not to love about this enormously successful trek? Well, outside of being both/either Michael Anthony/Sammy Hagar fansand NOT "real" Van Halen fans? Survey says that somewhere in the upper ninety percentile (just a guess? lol) of all "true" Van Halen fans actually prefer this lineup. Right along with the four out of five dentists who were surveyed. Oh and btw, four of them can actually PLAY an instrument as well. Plus, they're expert fisherman, well experienced at both chumming and baiting hooks to the dumber fish. lmfao

I mean, it's just dumb cos the shows are spectacular and NO!!! THE HAPPY INTERACTION'S NOT CHOREOGRAPHED as some, certain and self-appointed "experts" or "in's w/sources" around here would like you to believe.

Fact is, you dig it or you don't, no? Well, 99.999999% of the folks walking out of the shows DO and the others spend the rest of their time on here bitching, whining, addressing their diaries and boo-fucking-hoo'ing about it.

Honestly, most just say "fuck it" but some like to "fuck with" these people cos outside of a sequel to that friggin' dumb "Balance" they'll ALWAYS continue to cry until the cows come home... Or Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar in this case...
    Last edited by MAX; 05.05.08 at 02:55 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Oh and fuck it cos I've just had it with the daily coddling and diaper changing of a certain person when I read such stupid shit as this...

Fuck it Mimbo, let's give the fucker his blanky and be done with it, no?

Ya know, Warner Brothers wanted Sammy Hagar, not David Lee Roth, to front the band back when they signed with the label.
    In response to such a stupid statement, you're (not you mimbo but we ALL KNOW WHO!!!) also one of those "Dave left to be a movie star" fellas as well, no?

Seriously, I could give two flying fucks if you share emails with the brother of the former bassplayer, the former bassplayer himself or the former bassplayer's old tech, etc... It's all one-sided, biased and full of shit holmes.

In regards to your Not Even VH 101 post, get real? A fucking dead ass rainy night in a club, nobody's there, yet low and behold Mo and Ted wanna sign them "just like out of the movies" but STOP AND WAIT!!! let's call that Sammy Fucking Hagar first? At the time wasn't he singing that queer disco-type song that's been posted many times but always told by management to stop it!!! Sammy was just going with the times!!! on that "Whistle Test" shit or something? Honestly, you'd all be better off if you just publicly admitted you love the twerp, instead of using the "oh's" and "but's" about being a hardcore Sammy Hagar fan. Shoot, us "Rothtards" are fucking proud (despite Dave's many odd choices) and wear our tag proudly. Why the fuck don't you start doing the same instead of making excuses?

Sorry to make such a short story long but Hag blew even back then. Wasn't he like the opening act to the opening act?

Fuck, the ONLY time that was even mentioned was in '86 at the height of the feud. Yet, you hopeless romantics continue to believe... *sigh*

Honestly, do you have a pic of Hag and Anthony on yer fuckin' hope chest or what cos this queerness has me beyond confused?

Yup, that's EXACTLY why VAN HALEN stands the test of time and your favorite band *cough* Van Hagar *cough* doesn't...

Any lines you'd care to rip from this post or would you just like to continue to steal "thanks for playing" from "Deej (We know you read us )" or 'tis it all one big "coinkydink?"
    Last edited by MAX; 05.05.08 at 04:17 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Isn't it also a wee bit odd that excluding the aforementioned parties who mentioned WB "wanting Sammy" way back when have never mentioned a word of it? Meaning Ted Templeman, Mo Ostin, etc and it was ONLY mentioned in 1986 by SH and AVH? Publicily stunt to sell copies of that fittyoneshitty album... sure? Hey, it worked at the time. Thankfully and not in the long run.

Put on your thinking caps boys and girls, that is if you've got them? In the "baited one's" case, that's obviously a no.

At leat he admits to actually listening to Hag, let alone 'tis proud to look like him... lmao

The boys gettin' all ready to "can't" drive 55. lol

Fuck, I'm awesome.

Or at the very least, my posts are entertaining and liven up the joint, no?
    Last edited by MAX; 05.05.08 at 04:48 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Alrighty then...

In other news, I agree with ya JMJ. I think you hit a lot of solid points. Hope you're doing well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I don't know... normally I can catch on to Max's rants. This one left me wonderin... WTF was that all about?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    I don't know... normally I can catch on to Max's rants. This one left me wonderin... WTF was that all about?
    Read the "Hot Dudes of VH Links" thread and "The Somebody Get Me A Doctor Medley" thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A weird time? From the perspective of being a fan who was there when it seemed from a youngs fan's eyes that it was VH's world and we just lived in it, yes, weird times indeed. To state the obvious, things have changed big time since then. VH's modus operandi of late is to leave all guessing as to what, if anything, is in store for the future. As this tour is winding down, we are again at a point, barring any future "official" word from the band, where we are left to wonder "What now?"

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

It's been weird for about a dozen years now.

This is the "Take It or Leave It" tour. Some have taken it, and others have left it. Some took it, but later wished they'd left it. Others left it, but one day might regret not taking it. In the end, I don't think anybody got exactly what they wanted either way.

What I do find to be strangest of all, is those who profess that they somehow prefer Wolfgang to Mike on this tour. I could live to be 200 years old and never wrap my head around that one.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

I've been happy with the tour. I've always wished it would've had Mike on bass but since I never saw VH with DLR on the mic, I had to take what was offered.

Who knows what will happen when the tour ends. They will probably fade away like they did after the 2004 tour.

I still would like to see a one night only where they have the 4 "eras" of VH.

DLR, EVH, AVH, MA can start the show.
    SH, EVH, AVH, MA can play some songs.
    GC, EVH, AVH, MA can play one or two.
    DRL, EVH, AVH, WVH can play a couple.
    Then, end with all of them on stage doing 'You Really Got Me' or some other cover.

I'm certainly not holding my breath on seeing this but it would be a great ending one of the greatest bands ever!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I've been happy with the tour. I've always wished it would've had Mike on bass but since I never saw VH with DLR on the mic, I had to take what was offered.

Who knows what will happen when the tour ends. They will probably fade away like they did after the 2004 tour.

I still would like to see a one night only where they have the 4 "eras" of VH.

DLR, EVH, AVH, MA can start the show.
    SH, EVH, AVH, MA can play some songs.
    GC, EVH, AVH, MA can play one or two.
    DRL, EVH, AVH, WVH can play a couple.
    Then, end with all of them on stage doing 'You Really Got Me' or some other cover.

I'm certainly not holding my breath on seeing this but it would be a great ending one of the greatest bands ever!
    Take GC out of the above equation, and you'd have my vote. Hell, get WVH on the keys for some songs as well. Then again, this has about as much chance of happening as Dave being onstage with Ed...ooops.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Take GC out of the above equation, and you'd have my vote. Hell, get WVH on the keys for some songs as well. Then again, this has about as much chance of happening as Dave being onstage with Ed...ooops.
    Yeah, I don't completely understand the need for closure to somehow include Gary.

That part of the show would look like an intermission with the number of fans flooding out.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    Yeah, I don't completely understand the need for closure to somehow include Gary.

That part of the show would look like an intermission with the number of fans flooding out.
    Really. In order to have closure, doesn't something have to go away that is actually loved, and therefore would be missed?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ou812max View Post
    Oh and fuck it cos I've just had it with the daily coddling and diaper changing of a certain person when I read such stupid shit as this...

Fuck it Mimbo, let's give the fucker his blanky and be done with it, no?

In response to such a stupid statement, you're (not you mimbo but we ALL KNOW WHO!!!) also one of those "Dave left to be a movie star" fellas as well, no?

Seriously, I could give two flying fucks if you share emails with the brother of the former bassplayer, the former bassplayer himself or the former bassplayer's old tech, etc... It's all one-sided, biased and full of shit holmes.

In regards to your Not Even VH 101 post, get real? A fucking dead ass rainy night in a club, nobody's there, yet low and behold Mo and Ted wanna sign them "just like out of the movies" but STOP AND WAIT!!! let's call that Sammy Fucking Hagar first? At the time wasn't he singing that queer disco-type song that's been posted many times but always told by management to stop it!!! Sammy was just going with the times!!! on that "Whistle Test" shit or something? Honestly, you'd all be better off if you just publicly admitted you love the twerp, instead of using the "oh's" and "but's" about being a hardcore Sammy Hagar fan. Shoot, us "Rothtards" are fucking proud (despite Dave's many odd choices) and wear our tag proudly. Why the fuck don't you start doing the same instead of making excuses?

Sorry to make such a short story long but Hag blew even back then. Wasn't he like the opening act to the opening act?

Fuck, the ONLY time that was even mentioned was in '86 at the height of the feud. Yet, you hopeless romantics continue to believe... *sigh*

Honestly, do you have a pic of Hag and Anthony on yer fuckin' hope chest or what cos this queerness has me beyond confused?

Yup, that's EXACTLY why VAN HALEN stands the test of time and your favorite band *cough* Van Hagar *cough* doesn't...

Any lines you'd care to rip from this post or would you just like to continue to steal "thanks for playing" from "Deej (We know you read us )" or 'tis it all one big "coinkydink?"
    Let it go. You sound like a fool.
    Last edited by Double Down; 05.05.08 at 08:41 AM.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Read the "Hot Dudes of VH Links" thread and "The Somebody Get Me A Doctor Medley" thread.
    I don't even want to look for that 1st thread... probably got pics of OLO and Goo sporting tube tops or some sick creepy thing!!

The SGMAD Medley thread is a tragic classic... Brett nailed it, got the final word in and euthanized it faster than 8 Belles bit it at the Derby this weekend.

On a final note... I got all the closure necessary when Cherone left VH. No loose ends there...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com