the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 978 Times in 394 Posts

Default touching personal story

hey all, been awhile since i been round these parts

as some may remember, i had been going through some rough times last year with my divorce, which was just finalized this past wednesday. needs less to say, i'm happy to be moving along in life.

back on my birthday in january i left work and headed to my sister's house to see my nephew off for his spinal rehab at project walk in san diego. quite a bit of family was there. he shattered his C-5 almost 2 years ago and has been in a wheelchair since and is learning to walk again. bravest 21 year old kid i have ever seen.

after hanging out for a bit and slamming some beers i returned home very tired and drained, mentally and physically. my ex wife and i had only been separated about 3 months at that point and it was my birthday which falls just 2 days after new years and right after christmas and such, so it was a lonely, difficult, turbulent time for me. i get home and shower (livin with my folks again for the time being) and get ready for bed cuz i gotta work again the next day. i check my email before bed and i see i have a note from my dad. in the note he tells me words to the effect of...

"son, you've had a rough go this past year. at the ripe old age of 32, you're moving along just fine, and you're all the things you're supposed to be doing. we're all very proud of you. just remember to always look ahead and move forward and don't dwell on things. your birthday present is up on your bed. i hope you enjoy it. love you son, Dad".

so i go upstairs not having any clue what to expect and i see this big wrapping on my bed which seemed to be about 2 by 3 feet or so and a smaller wrapping about the size of a book. so of course i open the small one first and i see the words certificate of authenticity and my head turned to the side and i immediately thought oh my god.

i opened the package to find in it, a huge black frame with glass. in it, was the 1984 album and album cover. a picture or ed, dave, al , and mike from the 1984 tour and the classic vh logo, and signatures from all 4 guys on the album cover. i was completely blown away, and it choked me up instantly. the fact that my dad, who is gonna be 67 in june and not in the best of health these days, took the time to go find that thing at a specialty store and pay the kind of money he did. when i have a chance, i'll post some pics of it. it's damn beautiful.

just wanted to share

hope everyone here is well...

brother J
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

fair warnings
    Favorite VH Song

unchained, little guitars
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Joey M;983469]hey all, been awhile since i been round these parts

as some may remember, i had been going through some rough times last year with my divorce, which was just finalized this past wednesday. needs less to say, i'm happy to be moving along in life.

back on my birthday in january i left work and headed to my sister's house to see my nephew off for his spinal rehab at project walk in san diego. quite a bit of family was there. he shattered his C-5 almost 2 years ago and has been in a wheelchair since and is learning to walk again. bravest 21 year old kid i have ever seen.

after hanging out for a bit and slamming some beers i returned home very tired and drained, mentally and physically. my ex wife and i had only been separated about 3 months at that point and it was my birthday which falls just 2 days after new years and right after christmas and such, so it was a lonely, difficult, turbulent time for me. i get home and shower (livin with my folks again for the time being) and get ready for bed cuz i gotta work again the next day. i check my email before bed and i see i have a note from my dad. in the note he tells me words to the effect of...

"son, you've had a rough go this past year. at the ripe old age of 32, you're moving along just fine, and you're all the things you're supposed to be doing. we're all very proud of you. just remember to always look ahead and move forward and don't dwell on things. your birthday present is up on your bed. i hope you enjoy it. love you son, Dad".

so i go upstairs not having any clue what to expect and i see this big wrapping on my bed which seemed to be about 2 by 3 feet or so and a smaller wrapping about the size of a book. so of course i open the small one first and i see the words certificate of authenticity and my head turned to the side and i immediately thought oh my god.

i opened the package to find in it, a huge black frame with glass. in it, was the 1984 album and album cover. a picture or ed, dave, al , and mike from the 1984 tour and the classic vh logo, and signatures from all 4 guys on the album cover. i was completely blown away, and it choked me up instantly. the fact that my dad, who is gonna be 67 in june and not in the best of health these days, took the time to go find that thing at a specialty store and pay the kind of money he did. when i have a chance, i'll post some pics of it. it's damn beautiful.

just wanted to share

hope everyone here is well...

brother

Great Story man. Hang in their.
    Van Halen shows
    July 28, 1980 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    1981 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    December 7, 1982 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    Febuary 9, 1984 Freedom Hall Louisvile KY
    May 22, 1998 Madison Square Garden NYC
    August 15, 1998 Jones Beach LI NY
    June 19, 2004 Worcester Mass
    November 3, 2007 IZOD Center NJ
    November 13, 2007 Madison Square Garden NYC
    May 23, 2008 Madison Square Garden NYC

www.myspace.com/patvh5150

http://www.youtube.com/patvh5150

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hope everything turns out ok, joey
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You have some great family dude. Hang in there!

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Good to see you around here again Joe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Killer story Fellow Linker!! Post the pic and keep going forward. The Best yet to come....
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Cool story JMJ. Glad to see ya gain'.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Shit man, that's a fucking cool gift. Bummer about the other shit though. Glad to see you still kickin'. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Great story,,,welcome back. Now that your single again dont rush into anything and remember always get a prenup.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

ballance
    Favorite VH Song

dreams
    Last Online

01.26.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

What a great father you have ,all the best for the future i know its not easy but sounds like your on the right road

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Parents are always so much more than we ever give them credit. Very touching story and glad to hear you are moving ahead with your life. Thanks for posting it.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Great story JMJ. It is nice to see you posting here again. Hopefully you can post the picture of the framed VH photo soon, it sounds awesome!
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I was just thinking about you yesterday, JMJ, and wondering how life was going for you.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 978 Times in 394 Posts

i'm doing very wells guys, thanks

just been busy getting my personal life in gear and such. full speed ahead. join us in the future not the pasture

here's to ya'll!
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Glad to see you back around these parts JMJ.
    Yep, Parents are pretty darn cool.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.