Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.07.14 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    What'cha got Milwaukee?
    I just did one in the other Milwaukee thread.
    "Great Things Like This Only Happen For The First Time Once..." Gary Busey

Favorite VH Album

5150,Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

5150,Women in Love
    Last Online

04.02.14 @ 04:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mine from the other thread:

Ok,here goes....

I was reluctant to expect much,considering what I saw twice in '04.

Boy,was I surprised. The were rockin' it all night,although with the same set list. Loved every minute of it,even when Dave "forgot the fuckin words". They also did a little story/improv with Dave imitating a Harley,and Ed matching him with the guitar. They actually truly looked like they enjoyed every minute up there. I was really surprised with Ed looking a little chubby even and wearing a nice shirt and some white pants. He looked really really good. Even watching his finger work on the fretboard was surprising. Not QUITE like back in '95,but he was right on and clean. Wolf was Wolf,no complaints about him except for his play style. He still doesn't do much on stage. I have always been in favor of the "other" singer,but damn,I have a lot more respect for Dave than I did before seeing him last night. Of course,he can't hit notes like he used to,but ya can't say that he isn't trying to do a good job.

Of course,Al was Al.......he's always solid and he was last night. I seem to really enjoy the Drum solo for some reason when I see these guys.

The ONE thing I didn't enjoy at all was the sound. Separately they sounded good,but during a lot of the songs,all of the sound got mashed together. It was way too......not loud really,but some things got lost in the sound sometimes and it was annoying. Even Al's drums got lost in the sound at one point.

After what I saw a few years ago,I was pleasantly surprised and not let down one bit.
    Maybe it was just me,but I noticed Ed didn't move too much,his solo was short(which is ok)but....the big thing is,I NEVER ONCE saw a cigarette. Either I missed it or he never actually had one on stage.

If they keep this up,y'all that are going to the following shows are in for a treat. they kicked ass.
    Last edited by =VH=316; 04.29.08 at 09:30 AM.
    Good thing to know:
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

04.29.08 @ 10:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is the second time I've seen them on this tour. I saw them in Minneapolis the first time. They played/sounded great at times in Minny but a handful of songs were terrible.

But the show last night in Milwaukee blew away the Minneapolis show. Eddie was spot on. He played cleaner than I've heard in a very long time. He still played most of the show right in front of Alex's drum kit and his solo has been shortened up. Alex can sure as hell still beat those drums, his solo was great. DLR sounded better this time around as well. Maybe this little break they took freshened them up. Of course Wolfy still cracks me up with his lack of stage presence. I know he's just a kid and he will only get better at doing it.

I know what you mean about the sound. During I'll Wait I could barely hear the drums throughout certain parts of the song. That's about the worse thing I have to say about the show.

However, there were allot of empty seats. I'm assuming that it was because of the rescheduling.

All and all a great time last night.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's my post from the other link. Our original group had a dozen people but was cut down to 4 because of a scheduled family trip to Florida so I agree that the rescheduling may have effected some of the turnout. Other than the corners, it still looked packed. The floor looked jammed.

I do not claim to be the largest Halen fan ever but here goes...

The Bradley Center was basically heavily packed with middle aged white guys ages 30's to 50's with few random women thrown in for good measure. While I am certain Mike Anthony was missed, I never got a chance to see him with the classic lineup so I really didn't know better. The last time Halen toured with Roth, I would have been a sophomore in high school and I am certain I would not have had the cash to see them. I have fond memories of my track coach asking, "What the @%$! is that crap" when we stretched to "Atomic Punk", when my buddy Jimmy dumped his girlfriend named Jamie and we all sang that tune early Saturday mornings also at track practice & most notably my dear Grandmother - the first person I knew with cable - looking on in disbelief and leaving the room to get my father when she saw Roth swing across the stage on a cable for the Panama video with the goggles on his face. Yeah - the guys are older and perhaps a bit cheesy but I had a great time last night. Eddie plays the notes like true guitar legend, Alex - while looking a bit worn - still bangs the drums like a madman & Roth....well, he's Diamond Dave...the front man ring leader. I went to sing along and have fun so for me, it was mission accomplished. I have absolutely no complaints.

Roth forgetting some of the vocals and laughing with Eddie I thought was excellent. I think it shows they are on this tour to have fun too! I think Keith Richards once said (I am paraphrasing) "Rock music is for the neck on down." While I am also not a huge Richards fan, I think it sums up the evening perfectly with respect to not over thinking every little aspect of a show. Who was looking at who, who jumped at specific point during the show, etc.

Yeah - the Journal always has shitty reviews of shows so I wouldn't rely on that as the defining description of the evening events. Hell - most of the reviewers don't even stay till the end of the show as they have deadlines for making the morning delivery.

Now...as far as Milwaukee being a shit hole...no offense to my fellow linkers but I have met plenty of crude folks and uncool cops down there in Chicago too. One or two people you meet at a gig hardly defines a city as a "shit hole".

Favorite VH Album

5150,Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

5150,Women in Love
    Last Online

04.02.14 @ 04:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah,I lost the drums during I'll Wait too........of course,that's one of them songs I wish they wouldn't play live anyway. It just doesn't ever sound right and I don't like it much in the first place, and stuff gets drowned out. Lost drums at one point,keyboards were gone for a bit too. I actually lost where they were in that song at one point. But,I noticed the same thing for a second during Jump too,it's almost as if some things are too loud and the keyboards aren't loud enough. it wasn't as bad in Jump,which I actually enjoyed.

FYI......not a real good idea to let people around you know what song is next before they even start playing it,haha...dude sitting next to us kept looking at me when I told the dude I was with what was next. I did it throughout a lot of the show. Even at the beginning,I told him they'll start with YRGM and end with Jump.......the other dude gave me a wtf look when Al was banging around before Jamie's Cryin'. it was funny s hell to me though.
    Good thing to know:
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.21.12 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Live or Memorex

We were dead center right on the ramp. The sound was great. The hall was only about 2/3 full.

That had to be one of the best shows I have ever been to. I have seen Sam and Dave a few times. But this was my first time seeing Eddie.

I went expecting Dave to be washed up, Eddie to be a guitar god, Wolfie to be an emo and Alex - I don't know what I expected - he's a drummer.

Well...Dave was the master of ceremonies. He was completely on top of his game. The guy is the perfect entertainer. He has aged well, like a fine wine. I was mesmorized watching him all night.

But then every now and then I would realize that I was missing so much else that was happening on the stage. I would look over at Eddie and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Nobody has ever played like that guy. He may be missing some brain cells and various body parts, but he has a mastery of that instrument like I have never seen before.

Wolfie was perfect. He didn't hide in the corner and he didn't try to be a clown. He worked the stage pretty well. And boy can that kid sing. I have read a lot of discussion about whether the vocals are live or piped in. But there was no question that Wolfie and his dad were singing all of the back-up parts. I have seen bands that pipe it in. Saliva comes to mind. But those 2 guys were spot on, and Wolfie doesn't even sound like Michael Anthony. He sounds like a 17 year old kid who's voice hasn't changed yet, and after hearing him talk a couple of times it was even more obvious. However, I didn't think his bass playing was all that great. His picking style was used well to fill up space left by the absence of a rhythm guitar. But it was not very articulate.

I was disappointed that they didn't use the ramp very much, especially since we were right in front of it. Dave came out about 3 times and Wolfie ran out before the encore in the dark for just a second. Why is Eddie tied down to a cord?

I think these guys got back together at the right time. People have waited a long time to see them and they've still got it. I really hope they put out a blu-ray of this show. But I am not sure they should continue. This could be a great way to go out. I think if they continue it might become nothing more than a caricature of what it is now.

Favorite VH Album

I, II, FW, 1984 W/Sam: Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Any CVH
    Last Online

05.01.12 @ 07:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had a great freakin time! Nuff said!
    "...And then our children will form a family band, and we will tour the countryside and YOU WON'T BE INVITED!" ~ Ron Burgundy
    ---------------------------------------------------

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Great Show

This was my third show on the tour and playing-wise, the best. That was the best I've seen Eddie play since the '98 tour; live or boot. Since I last saw them, Dave is definitely playing to the cameras much more. He pretty much ignored them earlier in the tour.

Not to sound redundant, but the sound was sub-par. The Bradley Center sucks for sound when it's full, much less with 4,000 empty seats. On that note, Milwaukee is just not a VH-insane town for some reason. It might have sold out if tickets were $50 each.

We kinda dubbed this show the "saying our goodbyes" show since none of expect a new relevant album and tour beyond this. I was thrilled they were as tight and energized as they were. This made up for the sad train wreck that was the Dec. 30th show in Vegas.
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Y'all may see this on DVD one day.............................
    Last edited by dirtymovies; 05.01.08 at 04:22 PM.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Runaround
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirtymovies View Post

I hope and pray.

I know the person that posted that particular video on you tube. She's a friend from the Cheap Trick message board.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirtymovies View Post

Haha, that's awesome!