Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.27.12 @ 07:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Floor Seat Question

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere Mods, but I did a search and couldn't find a specific answer for my question.

My buddy got us sick seats for the Atlantic City show - 4th row - the last few seats all the way on Ed's side, or at least where Ed used to stand. So I'm totally psyched for some VH and gambling, but then I remembered the HUGE BOX on that side of the stage.

My question is has anybody had seats in a similar location and had their view obstructed by that monstrosity?

THANKS!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Default ..

I was in 6th row in KC on Ed's side. 3 seats from the ring. The black box is on the far right corner of the stage and was never in our way. You should be totally fine. The people who are in trouble are the people who are right around floor level on the side section right next to the stage.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.27.12 @ 07:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Hack. I was also just thinking since none of them travel too far to that side of the stage it may not make a difference anyway.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

02.29.12 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whilst we're talking about tickets - i was thinking about stretching the wallet for some pit tickets - wonder if it's worth the extra cash - I've already got tixs that are like 20 rows back

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    Whilst we're talking about tickets - i was thinking about stretching the wallet for some pit tickets - wonder if it's worth the extra cash - I've already got tixs that are like 20 rows back
    Go for it , if you can get in the PIT you will be in the best seats in the house. You might even be able to get a good deal on them if you wait till a day or two before show. Which show are going to see ?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cooler5150 View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere Mods, but I did a search and couldn't find a specific answer for my question.

My buddy got us sick seats for the Atlantic City show - 4th row - the last few seats all the way on Ed's side, or at least where Ed used to stand. So I'm totally psyched for some VH and gambling, but then I remembered the HUGE BOX on that side of the stage.

My question is has anybody had seats in a similar location and had their view obstructed by that monstrosity?

THANKS!!!
    I was sitting EXACTLY where you are. The box isn't even an issue. Or it shouldn't be.

the only think that is now bothering me is that Ed is now in te middle of the stage and he won't be as close to that side as he was in October and the earlier dates.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.29.15 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing I've noticed is that it seems to vary by venue how close row 1 is to the stage. In Montreal for example, row 1 was less than 3 feet from the stage (you could touch the stage from there), where as in Vegas, row 1 was 10 feet or more from stage front.

Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post

I bought 4 star for Chicago and actually got front row on the tip of the S on the stage in the center....I thought those were much better than in the pit and cheaper! Plus I didn't have to turn around to watch the band...oh wait only Dave and Wolfie since they were the only ones who used the damn thing! What a tease that is to sell high priced tickets.
    Could you imagine Ed coming out there to do his solo or damn near ANYTHING!

Go for it no matter what...I did and it was worth every penny and more!
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

For this leg of the tour the 4 star and 5 star are way overpriced. Ticketexchange has equivalent 4 star and 5 star seats cheaper then 4 and 5 star.

prices on premium seats have really come down on this leg of tour.