Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default any advice

this guy i met at school is trying to get me to come to this Christian club (Young Life, to be specific) thing which i really hate the idea of. any way to just politely say "no thanks" but not offend the guy?

shit, this sounds like Dear Abby.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    this guy i met at school is trying to get me to come to this Christian club (Young Life, to be specific) thing which i really hate the idea of. any way to just politely say "no thanks" but not offend the guy?

Why do you hate the idea of it?

Don't lie to him, just politely tell him that you have your own religious methods / beliefs, etc.
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

First off if you are really only 15 then hell no do not go!

Secondly if its just another one of your classmates and he is juts trying to be friendly, be friendly back and politely say no thankyou to him and that its not your type of thing.

Sincerely,
    Ann Landers
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yerfdog View Post
    Why do you hate the idea of it?

Don't lie to him, just politely tell him that you have your own religious methods / beliefs, etc.
    it seems way too preachy.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post

Secondly if its just another one of your classmates and he is juts trying to be friendly, be friendly back and politely say no thankyou to him and that its not your type of thing.

Sincerely,
    Ann Landers
    hes not even a classmate, just a dude i met in the drama room one day, but we talked music (he was even jealous i got to see VH in November) and it was cool.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I say just tell him, "no thanks. I don't want to offend you but I'm just not interested." Just be truthful with him.

Regarding YoungLife, however...it's COOL! I wouldn't consider it too preachy and is a non-denominational Christian organization (so, they're not trying to convert with doctrine, etc.). It's just a fun group of students who can come together and learn from one another and share their faith journeys and life experiences. If you're the least bit interested, I'd say give it a shot just once. YoungLife started right after I graduated from high school; however, I've worked with many students who were very involved with it and have volunteered with them. There are Christians and non-Christians, alike, who attend YL. Just my $.02.

By the way...it may very well be too preachy for you. I'm just saying that the only way to know is to go experience it for yourself to make your own decision (and not listen to others). Make sense?
    Last edited by KT; 04.28.08 at 04:27 PM.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles View Post
    I say just tell him, "no thanks. I don't want to offend you but I'm just not interested." Just be truthful with him.

Regarding YoungLife, however...it's COOL! I wouldn't consider it too preachy and is a non-denominational Christian organization (so, they're not trying to convert with doctrine, etc.). It's just a fun group of students who can come together and learn from one another and share their faith journeys and life experiences. If you're the least bit interested, I'd say give it a shot just once. YoungLife started right after I graduated from high school; however, I've worked with many students who were very involved with it and have volunteered with them. There are Christians and non-Christians, alike, who attend YL. Just my $.02.

By the way...it may very well be too preachy for you. I'm just saying that the only way to know is to go experience it for yourself to make your own decision (and not listen to others). Make sense?
    i understand you. by the way kt, when are you due?

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles View Post
    You could say that about almost anything. The truth is that a person doesn't necessarily have to experience something to know they're not interested in it. I'm sure you can think of more than a few examples of things that you're not interested in and have no need to experience them in order to know that.

To the OP, if you don't want to go, don't go. It's no big deal to tell a person that it's not your thing. Being able to do that in a tactful way is an important life skill. This is your opportunity to practice that with a very low-stress situation.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    You could say that about almost anything. The truth is that a person doesn't necessarily have to experience something to know they're not interested in it. I'm sure you can think of more than a few examples of things that you're not interested in and have no need to experience them in order to know that.

To the OP, if you don't want to go, don't go. It's no big deal to tell a person that it's not your thing. Being able to do that in a tactful way is an important life skill. This is your opportunity to practice that with a very low-stress situation.
    good advice, MikeL.

its interesting being the links' resident young'un.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just be honest and polite and say no.

You don't have to apologize for not wanting to do something. If you can learn to do this at 15 then the rest of your life will be much easier.

Nothing mean, nothing rude but just no thanks, I'm going to pass.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post

Sincerely,
    Ann Landers
    What is your problem with a 15 year old attending? Its a organization that is meant for young people.

If its not for you then do not go. I think the advice KT gave was excellent.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post

If you are having a problem with just politely declining the offer, then i suspect you might be mildly interested, but just don't want to admit it to yourself. Go check it out one time, what can it hurt?

Dr. Phil

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just say no!!!!!
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file.

Or you could just say "no thanks"......ya know, like the others said.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file.

Or you could just say "no thanks"......ya know, like the others said.