Register
    Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default '04 Art Series Played on Stage Prices....

Did any of you see the price that just recently went Saturday night for the San Jose '04 stage played guitar?
    Only $6,800....what a dive in price from when they came out....I guess the cost of living anymore is getting out of hand and people are just dumping stuff left and right!
    It's a buyers market!
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I thought the same thing, however I looked back at a red 2007 one that just sold a few days before for over $15K. The prices on those things are all over the place, however 6800 is an all time low. In fairness to the guy, someone had duplicated his auction and had it running at the same time ..... completely fraudulent. So my guess is he may have lost nervous bidders as a result of that. Also, Whites for some reason usually seem to get the lowest prices.

Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Totally agree with you...plus here was my theory. The 2008's have a better "feel from the tour" than the whacked out look that Ed had then. Know what I mean?
    Yeah I contacted the guy who had the one auction running that said "don't bid....just contact me...."
    So I did and asked him what his price was...he told me $1,500 but that he wanted to run the deal through eBay Square Trade to make it legit.
    So to mess with him I said I was interested and asked why he was selling it so cheap...

Crickets was all I heard. What a dumb ass. I told him that I have been on eBay for 10 years and NEVER before seen a deal run through that or offered through that...

He has dissapeared. I just hope someone didn't take the bait from this cat and get screwed.

Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150Sooner View Post
    Totally agree with you...plus here was my theory. The 2008's have a better "feel from the tour" than the whacked out look that Ed had then. Know what I mean?
    I agree with you on that point, to an extent. I also think that (as previously noted) it is a buyer's market. Obviously, the economy isn't the greatest right now (and many believe that it's only gonna get worse), so I'm assuming the prices are going drop slightly. With that said, there have been a ton (relative of course) of the Art Series guitars (figuring 2 for every show on average), so you gotta wonder a few things:

1. How many people are left that are willing to pay those kind of prices?
    2. Some (or most) buyers will want the guitar that was played at the show they attended, so that will have an impact on prices as well (given the variations in local economies).
    3. Different venues will also have a variation on prices (saying the guitar was played on stage @ Madison Square Garden has a little more gusto to it).

Just my 2 cents!