Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I don't know what Eddie did while on break - but it worked!

Nobody really seems to know what kind of "medical treatment" Eddie has been undergoing while on break for the past two months, but whatever it was - it definitely helped him. I was not really expecting too much for the Saint Louis show until I started seeing the YouTube boots from the past week. I couldn't believe how much more Eddie seemed to be on his game in comparison to videos from the tour prior to this latest break. When I saw him in Saint Louis last night, I couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing. It was as if the clock turned back to 1994 and 2004 never even happened.

Eddie seemed to be able to hear very well last night, because there were no timing issues at all. He was tight with the rest of the band all night long. His solos were all perfectly in key, and he was at the top of his game. He was smiling the entire night, and the energy in the whole band was electric! Alex looked so happy... he was smiling all night too. I mean, this show was incredible. Gone was the angry-faced Eddie who was out of synch, out of key, and flipping stage monitors and guitar cabinets over.

Here is the guitar solo from last night - courtesy of adamhlava:

Ed really mixed it up a lot. The solos from videos before the break made me want to say "get done already Ed". Not this one. This solo was full of energy, speed, talent, and was very entertaining - unlike previous solos that were out of key, sloppy, and aimless. I think that is the key word that made the difference with last night's show - Eddie the entertainer and showman was back. Oscar the Grouch was nowhere to be seen.

Here is "Unchained" from last night courtesy of adamhlava:

If you have tickets for upcoming shows, get ready to be rocked. As long as Eddie stays in the zone he is in now, you are going to see a killer show!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Video of "Mean Street" from last night. Look at how frigging happy Ed looks. He nails the solo perfect!:

Last edited by VanHalenRocks; 04.27.08 at 06:41 PM.

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 630 Times in 294 Posts

He finally had found all of his shirts that have been missing the past 5 years now he can just focus on playing!!!

In all seriousness he sounds great and so does the rest of the band! Glad he's healthy and kicking our asses. Cant wait for my 2 shows at the end of the month.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

There is absolutley NO faking in those clips. No way they are just going through the motions. The energy that is Van Halen has returned, no doubt about it!

The question will then be, they keep it together long enough in the studio to make a new album? Man I hope so!
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

I can't even explain it.... It is f'd up.

Someone must have locked him in his closet with only a guitar and an amplifier for the ENTIRE BREAK. It is like the demon inside Eddie died and the Master crawled back out of the grave with an attitude ready to tear that guitar to shreds. I cannot complain at all about those performances. SICK SICK SICK. The solo is fun, interesting and even a few new licks in there. SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK.

ps...I did NOT feel like this most of the tour. Brett, how do you feel about how Eddie is playing now? It is ALMOST like VH still has a future. I am starting to dream 'a little' about new music with this new attitude. Now Wolfie does look a little out of place....
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Is the stage getting set for a VH with Roth AND Hagar Tour with Mike back on bass? If Eddie stays sober and in a good frame of mind maybe, just maybe.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

The clips I saw before the break Ed acted totally shitfaced. The clips I'm seeing after the break he looks totally sober.

I really think it's as simple as that.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    The clips I saw before the break Ed acted totally shitfaced. The clips I'm seeing after the break he looks totally sober.

I really think it's as simple as that.
    Could be. Maybe the 2007 rehab stint got rid of one or two substances, but something was hanging on still. I've seen some people kick weed or booze, but not deal with the pain pills they are taking. Maybe the 2008 "medical treatment" got rid of the hanger-on demon(s). Whatever happened - he is like a completely different person.

Long live Eddie Van Halen! (Not that other mean and cranky guy.)

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.05.16 @ 07:11 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

David Lee Roth even said during the show that Saturday was one of the best shows on the tour.

You could totally tell. The guys rocked the house. Eddie was on fire like I've never seen him before!

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

04.27.12 @ 07:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
    David Lee Roth even said during the show that Saturday was one of the best shows on the tour.
    I think he says that almost every night. It's called a cheap pop. But hey, I'll have to agree with him on that one Saturday night.

Last Online

07.12.16 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I want to say how impressed and pleased I am to see and hear how amazing Ed is playing and how healthy he looks. This is the Ed of 1995. This is the kind of performance I wanted all the fans to have throughout the whole tour. His playing is even better then the November MSG concert where he was almost flawless at that show. For the bucks they are charging Ed is finally is delivering at 110 percent and his consistency is amazing. I hope he keeps it up, and I hope the band will go forward after this tour. If Ed keeps this level up, he should not hang it up.

I was criticized on this very board earlier in the year for criticizing the lackluster playing and how it was not fair to the fans for the hard earned money people are spending on this tour and I felt Ed was not delivering for charging $150. Well, Ed is delivering over and above now and couldn't be happier to be a Van Halen fan right now and see this on this current leg. This is the way the whole tour should have been! This is the Eddie we all know and love and I hope it stays that way.

Go ED!!!!

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenFan View Post
    I want to say how impressed and pleased I am to see and hear how amazing Ed is playing and how healthy he looks. This is the Ed of 1995. This is the kind of performance I wanted all the fans to have throughout the whole tour. His playing is even better then the November MSG concert where he was almost flawless at that show. For the bucks they are charging Ed is finally is delivering at 110 percent and his consistency is amazing. I hope he keeps it up, and I hope the band will go forward after this tour. If Ed keeps this level up, he should not hang it up.

I was criticized on this very board earlier in the year for criticizing the lackluster playing and how it was not fair to the fans for the hard earned money people are spending on this tour and I felt Ed was not delivering for charging $150. Well, Ed is delivering over and above now and couldn't be happier to be a Van Halen fan right now and see this on this current leg. This is the way the whole tour should have been! This is the Eddie we all know and love and I hope it stays that way.

Go ED!!!!
    What he said.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Favorite VH Album

all the above
    Favorite VH Song

top jimmy
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Ed should go back to using the big hook on the bottom of his guitar for his cord like he used in 98.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Man, I haven't seen Eddie nail the intro to Mean Street like that this entire tour. Those of you who have dates coming up look like you are in for a real treat.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post
    He finally had found all of his shirts that have been missing the past 5 years now he can just focus on playing!!!
    Well, I hope he loses the shirts again, other than that, he sounds AWESOME!!

Ed, please, please, please REMAIN SHIRTLESS! I'm not sure you realize what a pleasure you are for the ladies to look at .