Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Two Tickets To Paradise: The Eddie Money Thread

I got to see Eddie Money recently during my stay down here in San Antonio. He put on a really good show. Played all his classic hits and a couple of extras. He is starting to look his age. His stage presence reminded me of Ozzy. Not very mobile.

Here is a picture after the show. Not the best picture since it was taken with a cell phone.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He really doesn't look that great. Hope his health is ok. My friend saw him in Biloxi a week or so ago and said he sounded pretty good. I wouldn't mind catching a live show.

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I saw him last year and what a night to remember. We went because it was free and in AC. Man, his daughter was hot and could sing. He was totally obliterated(drunk, high, crazy?) when I saw him. He kept saying, " your shakin' with the money man", like a thousand times. He also kept repeating, "Happy Thanksgiving to the NY, NJ, CT, and surroundijng areas." We were dying, it was hysterical. He is coming back soon and we are contemplating going again, just for shats and googles. The music, well, it was Eddie Money. Oh, and his fans give Sammy's Roldies a solid run for their money in the craziness department.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule View Post
    I saw him last year and what a night to remember. We went because it was free and in AC. Man, his daughter was hot and could sing. He was totally obliterated(drunk, high, crazy?) when I saw him. He kept saying, " your shakin' with the money man", like a thousand times. He also kept repeating, "Happy Thanksgiving to the NY, NJ, CT, and surroundijng areas." We were dying, it was hysterical. He is coming back soon and we are contemplating going again, just for shats and googles. The music, well, it was Eddie Money. Oh, and his fans give Sammy's Roldies a solid run for their money in the craziness department.
    Yeah, I am thinking it was more than his age that was making him act the way he did. And he said "your shakin' with the money man" after every song. I was impressed with his harmonica and saxaphone playing. I think I was even more impressed by how he could spin the tambourine like a freaking basketball. Almost made a guy playing tambourine in a band seem cool for about a half a spin. LOL.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

That's pretty cool, he was playing in town (Fayetteville) tonight at a festival. I was working and couldn't go, but some of my co-workers were going (it's free). It'll be hilarious if they tell the same story.

Last year the free show was JoJo (?), and the year before, yes that's right, Hootie and The Blowfish. If they bring in Edwin McCain or Cowboy Mouth next year, then I'm officially living in the Twilight Zone.

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I am pretty sure I saw his daughter on a reality show called Rock The Cradle on MTV.....he looks really really old!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Take Me Home Tonight, Walk On Water, Heaven In A Backseat, I Wanna Go Back and Two Tickets To Paradise are my favorite Eddie Money songs.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Since He is a part time Flagler County resident, he sings the National Anthem for the local high school's homecoming game every year.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake View Post
    I am pretty sure I saw his daughter on a reality show called Rock The Cradle on MTV.....he looks really really old!
    If you are referring to how he looks in the picture with me, that is my fault. I just look really young.

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Nights in Cabo View Post
    If you are referring to how he looks in the picture with me, that is my fault. I just look really young.

You do look really young for your old age!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Default Interviewing Eddie Money in 24 Hours ... Need some help

Hey fellas, Eddie Money's going to be performing here this Saturday and I'm supposed to interview him for the university newspaper. The only problem is that, aside from only knowing a handful of his songs, I don't really know what I'd ask him.

What would you ask one Ed Money if you had the chance?

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Ask him if the early days in NYC were as wild and crazy as people say and what clubs he started out in? (they were I was there on few weekends and ask for some examples). The later part of your interview ask if he has any good stories about anybody in VH and who his most admired musicians are?
    Last edited by edwardv; 04.08.11 at 05:16 AM.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

Hey man. That's great to get that interview. Eddie Money's had an interesting life. I've become a fan of his over the last 5 years or so when I started going to his shows at the Mohegan Sun in CT.

He had an incident in the early 80s where he got so messed up either on drugs, alcohol or both one night that he passed out with his leg in an awkward position and ended up damaging nerves in his leg. You'll notice he walks with a limp now.

He also once talked about how he sold the publishing rights to his music to buy a house for his ex-wife.

He was discovered by the legendary promotor Bill Graham.

He was suspended by the NYPD (he worked at the front desk) for writing about the benefits of drugs on a NYPD notepad. After being talked to he decided to take off for California to become a rock star.

I think that's it! Best of luck!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

I bought a Greatest Hits disc by Eddie Money years ago. I still listen to it now and then. He's one of those artists where you don't realize how many hits he had until you stumble across a "Best of" thing and you think "oh yeah, I forgot he sang that".

Ask him about his successes in the early days of MTV and what he thinks about MTV now. Eddie's videos were in pretty heavy rotation back in the day. Try to do so without making him feel like a geezer or that he's "past tense". I have a feeling that Eddie still thinks he's pretty relevant.

His Wikipedia page says he recorded an album featuring some songs sung by his daughter. That's a nice softball question. Other than that... Crazy stories, favorite album, favorite cities on tour questions are cool.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:25 AM
    Liked 6,850 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Well, I don't have a question, but this thread just reminded me how much I like Eddie's music and don't have any on CD. I just ordered his first three albums on Amazon. So... thanks Eddie for the music, and thanks rockyvan for the inspiration.