Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The World Wants Obama

All around the world an energetic and unprecedented movement is growing in support of Senator Obama's bid to become the 44th US President. Examples of the worldwide movement include:

• In Trinidad, calypso legend The Mighty Sparrow sings "Barack the Magnificant", and in Jamaica reggae star Cocoa Tea sings "We Want Obama".
    • In Egypt a humanitarian worker has written letters to dozens of superdelegates urging them to back Obama.
    • In China a dramatic Obama rally is being planned on the Great Wall.
    • In Gaza a Palestinian student has been making hundreds of campaign phone calls to the US over the internet, whenever he has electricity and is not under Israeli bombardment.
    • In Kenya, Obama is so popular that a beer has been named after him!
    • On the internet there over 40 international Obama fan groups on Facebook, many with more than 500 members, focused on Denmark, France, Indonesia, Tanzania and many other countries. There are also dozens of blogs and websites.

And wherever opinion polls have been conducted, comparing him with senators Clinton and McCain, Senator Obama is consistently the favourite candidate by a wide margin.

On an interconnected and interdependent planet, the policies of the US have a huge impact on our lives. After the long and arrogant Bush years, Senator Obama looks different, he sounds different and millions of non-Americans believe he will behave differently towards them. They may not agree with all his current policies, and they understand that he will face difficult choices and compromises when he is in office. However, they trust him to do his best because he has demonstrated strong principles and a willingness to listen and engage constructively, even with countries that have been seen as America's enemies.

Obama favourite in UK across all demographic groups

A poll by the YouGov / Sunday Times (pdf) of 2,469 adults on 14th February showed that, of those with a preference, 49% of Britons back Senator Obama to win the US elections (39% Clinton, 12% McCain). What is most remarkable is that Obama was the favourite across all the demographic categories in the poll: UK political party, age, gender, income and region. For example 44% of Conservative voters prefered him, 50% of female voters, and 46% over 55yrs.

Times of London Poll: 69% for Obama

Coinciding with the mini-super tuesday primaries, the Times newspaper ran an online poll on 3-4 March. Election correspondent Hannah Strange explained the premiss: "The US presidential elections have a global impact like no other. From African cotton-growers to Palestinian refugees, what happens in polling booths from Maine to California come November will affect the futures of all the world's citizens, in some cases more materially than the decisions of their own governments. Yet we have no vote." Currently the poll shows 69% for Obama, up from 65% on 4th March when the Times wrote: "Barack Obama is the global choice for the Democratic presidential nominee by a margin of almost two to one... The poll, running on Across the Pond, the Times US elections blog, had by lunchtime attracted more than 1750 voters over a period of 24 hours. These were evenly spread across Europe and United States, while the Middle East, Africa, Russia, China, Central Asia and Australia also saw heavy participation. Votes came from as far-flung countries as Mauritius, Bangladesh, South Africa and Japan, as well as arenas of US military involvement such as Iraq and Afghanistan. The only country with a significant tilt towards Mrs Clinton was Israel."

Global voting websites

A couple of websites have been set up independently to try and assess world opinion on the US elections. What if we all voted? has received 922 votes so far from people in 57 countries, resulting in 48% for Obama, 23% for Clinton, 9% for McCain and the balance for candidates who have dropped out (Ron Paul got an impressive 14%). Ron Paul's dedicated online campaigners meant he also did well on another site, Who Would the World Elect, which recieved over 38,000 international votes; out of the three main candidates Obama recieved 72% of the vote (Clinton 24%, McCain 4%). Al-Jazeera International has recieved about 10,000 votes so far on its website, with Obama in the lead with 76% of the votes cast for the main three candidates (Clinton 15%, McCain 9%).

VoteMatch USA 2008 is an initative of the Dutch Institute for Political Particpation which asks you to choose between Obama's and Clinton's policies on 13 issues (Iraq, Cuba, immigration etc.), which you can also weight based on which issues they consider most important. The result is a score showing which of the two most closely matches your views. It's a good idea, although most of the issues are not foreign policy, and some (like disparity in sentencing between cocaine and crack) are a bit esoteric for most non-Americans to have formed a view about. The results at present show 68% for Obama out of 23,018 votes cast on the Dutch version of the site, and 70% for Obama out of 1102 votes cast on the english verison, since 20th February.

Swiss prefer Obama

"If the Swiss could take part and cast a vote in the US presidential race, they would clearly vote for Barack Obama. According to a survey launched by the Swiss weekly newspaper “L’Hebdo”... 47.7% of people in a Switzerland-wide survey would like to see Obama as the next American President, only 29.8% favour Hillary Clinton... John McCain was knocked off to the 3rd place with only 4.9%. The Swiss do not trust him to improve the reputation of the USA." (Translated from SDA/ATS, 6/3/08). Given that 17.6% of those polled were undecided, out of those who expressed an opinion Obama got 58% of the vote!

Poll Results: Japan, Brazil, South Africa, Iraq & London for Obama!

Here are the results from polls we conducted of 1000 people across 5 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America:

• 71% of Brazilians support Obama, (Clinton 22%), (McCain 15%)
    • 61% of Londoners (UK) support Obama, (Clinton 32%), (McCain 7%)
    • 54% or Iraqis support Obama (Clinton 25%), (McCain 21%)
    • 74% of Japanese support Obama (Clinton 18%), (McCain 9%)
    • 64% of South Africans support Obama (Clinton 25%), (McCain 12%)

The polls were conducted from February 16th – February 23rd (using Facebook polls - http://www.facebook.com/business/?polls ), the sample size was 200 For Each Poll, targetted at specific national networks (London was used because there is no Facebook network for the UK as a whole). The question asked was "Non-Americans, who should be the next US president?" The order of the candidates was automatically randomized so there would be no bias towards Senator Obama.

Poll/Opinion: Russians for Obama

"After presenting the question to nearly 50 Russians, the answer is clear: 100% of our not-so-random sampling said Senator Barack Obama is their first choice. Huh? Up is down and down is up, at least if you believe conventional wisdom. Why would the Russians, stereotypically considered to be a racist and conservative nation, pick Senator Obama—the first viable black U.S. presidential candidate, and the one who many Americans agree breaks the traditional U.S. presidential mold on many levels?... The reasons are varied.

62% of Iraqis favour Obama

In a Facebook poll of 100 Iraqis on 20 February, asked "Non-Americans, who should be the next US President?", the results were overwhelmingly in favour of Senator Obama with 62%. Clinton and McCain tied for second place with just 19% of the vote.

63% of Londoners favour Obama

In a Facebook poll of 100 Londoners on 17 February, asked "Non-Americans, who should be the next US President?", the results were overwhelmingly in favour of Senator Obama.

Among the publics around the world, a low regard for President Bush is more heavily correlated with an unfavorability rating for the United States than is any other attitude or opinion tested in this survey, according to an analysis of the data.

Moreover, when respondents in our international survey who expressed an unfavorable opinion of the United States were asked directly whether the problem was more with President Bush or with America in general, they primarily placed the blame on the president.

Although Americans have done many positive things around the world, the US government - once the champion of anti-colonialism and self-determination - has often appeard to be an arrogant bully, waging war and pursuing its own interests at the expense of others. President Bush has taken this to extremes, but the general policy was little better under his predecessors, for example Bill Clinton imposed economic sanctions on Iraq for all eight years of his presidency, against the wishes of the vast majority of UN countries, causing the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children.

References:

http://www.theworldwantsobama.org/search/label/*Polls

http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?PageID=801

Last edited by VanHalenRocks; 04.24.08 at 12:56 PM.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Default Terrorists Want Him Too!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VH Wahoo View Post
    Soooooooo..... that means if we elect Obama, the terrorists stop fucking with us?

Hmmm....that may be a good thing.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Well...not everyone.
    Got this in an email yesterday:

This is a view I had not thought of, but you might wish to consider:

'We in Denmark cannot figure out why you Americans are even bothering to hold an election.

On one side, you have either a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, or a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.

On the other side, you have a true war hero married to a woman with a huge chest who owns a beer distributorship.

Is there a contest here?'

I thought it was funny.
    But I don't like ANY of them to be honest.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    Soooooooo..... that means if we elect Obama, the terrorists stop fucking with us?

Hmmm....that may be a good thing.
    or not.

sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.18.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy 150 View Post
    Well...not everyone.
    Got this in an email yesterday:

This is a view I had not thought of, but you might wish to consider:

'We in Denmark cannot figure out why you Americans are even bothering to hold an election.

On one side, you have either a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, or a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.

On the other side, you have a true war hero married to a woman with a huge chest who owns a beer distributorship.

Is there a contest here?'

I thought it was funny.
    But I don't like ANY of them to be honest.
    That my friend is awesome!!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I still think Barack and Hillary would do best to be on the same ticket. Hell, they agree on just about everything. It would be fair if the one who gets the most votes gets the top of the ticket.

More and more people are going to hate Obama and Clinton because they are attacking each other, which turns their camps against each other. I think it's time they stopped dividing the Party and got together on the ticket. That way all of the Democrats will be happy... black, white, yellow, brown, rich, poor, young, old, educated, and uneducated.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    . Hell, they agree on just about everything.
    EXCEPT...who gets to be VP.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy 150 View Post
    EXCEPT...who gets to be VP.
    How about the one with the least amount of votes?

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

[QUOTE=VanHalenRocks;979322]countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America:

Hey, I thought AMERICAN CITIZENS elected our president. Who gives a fuck if the French like Obama?, not me. I don't like Obama therefore I'm not gonna vote for his racist ass. His lack of experience is going to get us killed. Refute that.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

[QUOTE=fuddman5150;979385]
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America:

Hey, I thought AMERICAN CITIZENS elected our president. Who gives a fuck if the French like Obama?, not me. I don't like Obama therefore I'm not gonna vote for his racist ass. His lack of experience is going to get us killed. Refute that.
    Yeah the French don't even like the US. And it's not because of our president.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    or not.

This is going to be rather long winded; so please bear with me on it.

What a POS hit piece this is "seen". C'mon, I really do like your input, humor, right down the middle Mod skills and other things you bring up in here. With that said...dude...you're better than this. This is nothing more than cherry-picked sound bites to demonize Obama. To find issues where there really aren't any.

The National Anthem??? For the love of all things righteous and true, there is no law that states you have to have your hand over your heart. The only time you are to do that is during The Pledge of Allegiance. For the National Anthem, you are to face the flag, not a picture of one like on the backdrop, and stand in reverence of the colors and what they represent. the only people required to do any type of salute are military personnel, police and fire personnel in uniform.

The lapel pin? Jesus Christ Almighty. What a nit-picky, insignificant thing to be up in arms over. If anything Barak Obama is actually following the proper etiquette concerning the flag.

The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard

Long story short; it's not to be used as decoration. That's exactly what a lapel pin is. It's a decoration.

So, if we're to get nit-picky about Obama not wearing the flag pin. How about our current President and his flagrant disregard for the flag:

Photo credit: Reuters/Jason Reed

September 11, 2006, President Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand on a carpet of the American flag at Ground Zero in Manhattan, the site of the September 11, 2001 attack. Section 8b of the Flag Code reads, " The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground...nor should it ever be stepped on..."

Photo credit: AP Photo/Charles Dharapak

In July 2003 President Bush autographed a small flag. This picture was circulated across the Internet noting its violation of the Flag Code: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."

Concerning Pastor Wright. Have you actually watched the whole 9:38 sermon that Pastor Wright says "God Damn America???

The whole sermon is him talking about the fact that we always hear people say God Bless America, but we are the first to go against God's teachings about loving one another, staying peaceful and not harming the innocent. He talks about all the wars through out our time as a country and all the innocent people that have been killed by our "hands", completely against God's teachings, yet we're vain enough to say God Bless America.

Yes, he does go on a bit of a racial tangent too; but what he says about the persecution, slavery and overall treatment of blacks over time in this country, CAN NOT be disputed. When it's taken out of context, the way FOX, CNN, ABC, etc. have taken it; it does look anti-American. But when you watch the whole sermon, he's right. We have no business saying God Bless America. When we don't adhere to God's teachings, why should He bless us??? THAT'S what he was talking about in his sermon.

It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to hear it, in context, and know that it was not meant to be an "I hate Whitey, fear-mongering, Anti-America" speech.

Pastor Wright's comments about the country being run by "rich, white men." What part of that isn't true??? For once there is a legitimate black man in the running for President. One that had to overcome racial prejudice to become successful, in a country that IS run by rich, white men.

Michelle Obama's comment too, has been taken out of context. What she was stating is that for the first time, in a long time, a lot of people are actually subscribing that the status quo just isn't working, nor is is it good enough. They actually have hope that there is a new direction for the country.

Again, read or listen to the whole part of the speech. She isn't saying she never been proud of the country. She's saying that, as an adult, she's finally proud of the country because they want a new direction. They want change and new people in charge; not the same old hacks that have been running it for years.

Yep, Obama's dad was a black Muslim from Africa. OMG, NOOOOOOOOOOOO. WE CAN'T BE HAVIN' THAT!!! Yup. Obama's mom is a white woman from Kansas. OMG, NOOOOOOOOOOOO. WE CAN'T BE HAVIN' THAT EITHER!!! A black, foreign, Muslim and a pure as snow white girl??? what would the KKK think???

His name is NOT three Islamic names. The only Islamic name is Heussein. And it's a common name, like Smith or Jones is here in America. Barak and Obama are African names. Wow...what a coinky dink. Couldn't be it's because his father is African Muslim could it??? But I guess it's okay to not like a guy who has a name steeped in heritage of his father's country.

I better change my name too. I mean I'm named after 4 men with the name Peter and they are men of full-blooded German heritage and we all know what atrocities the German's committed.
    My middle name is David. I better change it too because it's a Christian biblical name...can't have anything to do with my religion in my name. That would be un-American.. seperation of Church and State and all. I wouldn't want to offend anyone.
    And my last name Miles. It's English. I better change it beause of The Crusades. Both Crusades were predicated on The Pope and the British Throne's thirst for world domination in the name of Christianity.

Yes, my example is a little extreme; but it gets my point across. That part of this little video, is nothing more than a poor attempt at a bigoted, racist jab at Obama AND his parents ancestory.

The piece fails also to mention as well, that Obama's mother and grandparents were where he got his religious beliefs and teachings from. It also failed to report that his father RENOUNCED Islam later in life, because it had violently strayed from the peaceful teachings he grew up with, and he became a pacifistic atheist.

The piece fails to mention that when Obama was in Indonesia at the madrassas; he never took part in ANY Islamic religious teaching OR services. That there were also Christian kids at the PUBLIC school. When the Islamic kids went to prayer, the Christian kids went to their religious classes too. CNN and the Chicago Tribune debunked all that crap over a year ago.

I will admit, his voting record leaves a little to be desired. Who in politics DOESN'T leave a little to be desired???

When are people going to start debating the REAL ISSUES in this election?? When are they going to stop trying to divert attention with semantic, useless bullshit like this piece?? They have no real, hard facts to destroy Obama with, so they go look at stuff that has absolutely no merit and beat the shit out of it because, for the most part, American's are apathetic and too lazy to do research on a candidate. They're sheep, that blindly follow and ideologue, right over a cliff. Then they bitch about how bad the other guys are, when it's their fault for not doing research in the first place and blindly following the "same ol' same ol'" right off the cliff..
    Last edited by RRMB; 04.24.08 at 03:27 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

[QUOTE=OnTheInside1985;979388]
    Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post

Yeah the French don't even like the US. And it's not because of our president.
    Fuck em. If it wasn't for us they would be speaking German right now.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I doubt he'd be so popular in some of those places if they actually had to vote for him. I doubt it.

In China a dramatic Obama rally is being planned on the Great Wall
    Wow, I'm suprised they have time in between undermining our economy and murdering political prisoners. Chinese endorsement isn't something I'd be flaunting. It should be a giant red flag as a reason NOT to vote for the guy.

In Gaza a Palestinian student has been making hundreds of campaign phone calls to the US over the internet, whenever he has electricity and is not under Israeli bombardment.
    This quote underlines why Obama won't win: The frothing anti-Semitism within his campain staff and supporters. Obama's foriegn policy advisors are all anti-Isreali, you can read more here:

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/bl...hp/pollak/2085

...and here:

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/bl...choenfeld/3547

...and here:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...east_expe.html

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...523709,00.html

It's not just the blatant anti-Isreal beliefs of most of his key campain advisors it the FACT that they tend to side with America's enemies that should make everyone worry about this clown.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post

What a POS hit piece this is "seen". C'mon, I really do like your input, humor, right down the middle Mod skills and other things you bring up in here. With that said...dude...you're better than this. This is nothing more than cherry-picked sound bites to demonize Obama. To find issues where there really aren't any.
    Oh c'mon. There might be a couple.

The National Anthem??? For the love of all things righteous and true, there is no law that states you have to have your hand over your heart. The only time you are to do that is during The Pledge of Allegiance. For the National Anthem, you are to face the flag, not a picture of one like on the backdrop, and stand in reverence of the colors and what they represent. the only people required to do any type of salute are military personnel, police and fire personnel in uniform.
    No law. Nope you're right. But dude, really, Not the best idea in the world to buck a tradition like that when you're running for the numero uno representative to this country and it's people. That's just not bright. Obviously a lot of people don't like that. I'm one of them. You're not. I'm over it. lol.

The lapel pin? Jesus Christ Almighty. What a nit-picky, insignificant thing to be up in arms over. If anything Barak Obama is actually following the proper etiquette concerning the flag.
    I agree. I obviously didn't make the video, so I don't see why you're so offended with me posting it. It's a conversation piece man. Relax. I gage that you really like the guy. Cool. I don't. I have reservations. You'll probably need to somehow find a way to deal with that I think.

Concerning Pastor Wright. Have you actually watched the whole 9:38 sermon that Pastor Wright says "God Damn America???
    No. I really don't care to, but I probably will at some point.

The whole sermon is him talking about the fact that we always hear people say God Bless America, but we are the first to go against God's teachings about loving one another, staying peaceful and not harming the innocent. He talks about all the wars through out our time as a country and all the innocent people that have been killed by our "hands", completely against God's teachings, yet we're vain enough to say God Bless America.
    Ok, now I REALLY don't like him.

Yes, he does go on a bit of a racial tangent too;
    Yeah, that's not so great....but I see you feel the need to somehow justify it. Yuck.

but what he says about the persecution, slavery and overall treatment of blacks over time in this country, CAN NOT be disputed. When it's taken out of context, the way FOX, CNN, ABC, etc. have taken it; it does look anti-American. But when you watch the whole sermon, he's right. We have no business saying God Bless America. When we don't adhere to God's teachings, why should He bless us??? THAT'S what he was talking about in his sermon.
    What he said and how he chose to say it was stupid. Just my opinion.

Pastor Wright's comments about the country being run by "rich, white men." What part of that isn't true??? For once there is a legitimate black man in the running for President. One that had to overcome racial prejudice to become successful, in a country that IS run by rich, white men.
    I'm just not nearly as concerned about it as you are. Way more concerned with how than who or what color.

Michelle Obama's comment too, has been taken out of context. What she was stating is that for the first time, in a long time, a lot of people are actually subscribing that the status quo just isn't working, nor is is it good enough. They actually have hope that there is a new direction for the country.
    She's not on the ballot, but what she said clearly was that this was the first time in her whole life that she's ever been proud of this country. What a dumb thing to say. It's quite a window in to her soul really. There is so very much to be proud of every day. For her to say that, to me, shows a very short sighted either ignorance or self centered attitude that makes me uncomfortable with having her where she wants to be.

Again, read or listen to the whole part of the speech. She isn't saying she never been proud of the country. She's saying that, as an adult, she's finally proud of the country because they want a new direction. They want change and new people in charge; not the same old hacks that have been running it for years.
    She said this was the first time in her life she's been proud of America. That's what she says. I get the connotations surrounding it, but she DID say that she's never been proud of the country by saying this is the first time. You denying that when it is so clear is kind of disturbing in itself.

Yep, Obama's dad was a black Muslim from Africa. OMG, NOOOOOOOOOOOO. WE CAN'T BE HAVIN' THAT!!! Yup. Obama's mom is a white woman from Kansas. OMG, NOOOOOOOOOOOO. WE CAN'T BE HAVIN' THAT EITHER!!! A black, foreign, Muslim and a pure as snow white girl??? what would the KKK think???
    Woah man. Nobody said anything about any of that. All you bud.

His name is NOT three Islamic names. The only Islamic name is Heussein. And it's a common name, like Smith or Jones is here in America. Barak and Obama are African names. Wow...what a coinky dink. Couldn't be it's because his father is African Muslim could it??? But I guess it's okay to not like a guy who has a name steeped in heritage of his father's country.
    I personally couldn't care less about the name.

I will admit, his voting record leaves a little to be desired.
    Record, but more importantly "lack" of record.

When are people going to start debating the REAL ISSUES in this election??
    Agreed. Especially your boy here. He's hard to get a feel for.

Hey man, listen- You obviously dig the cat enough to try and counterpoint (almost) every questionable thing in that video (you left out a few that I'm assuming you didn't have answers for...that flag in the campaign headquarters for starters). That's cool. I think it's worth considering before voting him in to the highest office in the world.

Yeah, that vid was totally slanted and entirely anti-Obama. That's not hard to concede at all, and yes, cherry picked to fit an anti Obama agenda. It can also be looked at as a summary of some fairly questionable (to say the least) and possibly deeply rooted beliefs that comprise the make up of who could very well be the next president and those who he chooses to surround himself with. It's worth a look, either with rose colored glasses or without.

I see they took it down though. Too bad. It obviously is really good for conversation.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen