Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained-Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.23.18 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Since the break Ed's playing sounds on the money from what i've seen and heard. If he has to stand in one place (Even though it is boring and not what we are used to seeing)Better that then running around sounding like shit. See you in St. Louie Louie

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

07.28.19 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 7 Posts

my my my. I had 5th row for this show. totally awesome. sounded great. ill have pics up soon. overall i loved it. eddie was on. spot on. I don't think he missed a note. AND he didnt smoke a single cigarette on stage the whole night. I don't know if he was chain smokin' off stage during breaks, but i didn't see him light up once. it was actually kinda weird to not see him blowing smoke rings during his solo. haha

anyway Dave's a dweeb, but sounded great. he was out on the catwalk durin Ill wait and hit some very immpressive notes though you could see he was working to do so. the "review" in the enquirer was not really a review more of a story about van halen playing in Cincinnati.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.02.12 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This was my 4th show of the tour (Charlotte, Greensboro, Indianapolis) and this was by far the best performance I've seen. They've had to do something with the sound during the break as it was not as load which I thought made a big difference. While the setlist was predictable they played every song with the same power and energy.

I had a great time and thanks to the guy who let me cut in the beer line so I didn't miss a song.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

Default some pics

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

09.03.18 @ 04:32 PM
    Liked 190 Times in 83 Posts

Default Hip?

In regards to Eddie standing in one place, perhaps the mystery illness was hip problems. The man has a hip replacement. It is easy to forget that with all the cancer and alcoholism talk. Just putting it out there...just a guess. I can't wait until May 30th. Peace...

http://www.nndb.com/people/337/000024265/

Last paragraph.....
    What are your major influences?

"Our major influences are my cock, Schlitz Malt Liquor, fast cars, loud music, volume. You know, all the usual."

DLR-1977

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 01:42 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

VH Ontstage Times...

Don't mean to interrupt but I'm seriously considering going to Dallas tonight and was wondering what time VH hits the stage and how late they go. Anyone have the time frame from the Cinci show? Thanks in advance!

-B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 11:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    Don't mean to interrupt but I'm seriously considering going to Dallas tonight and was wondering what time VH hits the stage and how late they go. Anyone have the time frame from the Cinci show? Thanks in advance!

-B
    The time on the ticket was 7:30 VH started at 8:30, they played 2 hours, and where done just after 10:30.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.24.08 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As big a Van Halen fan as I am, I have to agree with the Enquirer reviewer. I think alot of people leave a concert with rose colored glasses on or, more likely, beer goggles.

The good.... the set list and Eddie's playing. I couldn't have picked a better one. Most of these classic, reunion type shows focus solely on hits which I couldn't stand to ever hear again. So deeper cuts like Romeo's Delight, I'm The One, So This Is Love, Little Guitars were the highlights of the show for me. And Eddie nailed everything perfectly, sounding better than ever.

The bad... the band's lack of energy and stage presence. Eddie planted himself center stage and, except for a few animated moments during Panama, didn't move other than to occasionally walk over to whisper something to Wolfgang. He also didn't speak nor play "316" during his solo and I didn't see the usual presence of a cigarette on his guitar anytime during the concert. All this leads me to think his "medical condition" may be more related to his cancer or his hip than rehab as everyone assumes. And as for Dave, the guy used to command a stage better than anyone. Just go to YouTube and search for Unchained Oakland 81 to see what I mean. But on this tour, he's coming off as some kind of cheesy Vegas entertainer. I don't expect the guy to be able to move like he did 20 years ago (can any of us?), but that doesn't mean you have to come off like you've got a line of chorus girls backing you up. And don't you think a band with a 30 yr history and a giant video screen would use it to show vintage photos or footage a bit instead of just the camera feeds?

The worst.... the vocal mix. It seemed that half the time, if you didn't see Dave's lips moving on the video screen, you couldn't tell he was singing. I suffer from some high frequency hearing loss so I thought it might've been me but my wife was complaining about the same thing as was everyone in the bathroom. And we were in Section 103, which aren't exactly the cheap seats. So I can't tell you whether Dave's singing was good or not, though he sounded good on some of "quieter" songs like I'll Wait, Little Dreamer, and Ice Cream Man.

I saw this tour in Indy back in October and the energy level was much better along with the mix.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

07.21.16 @ 09:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just listened to the boot of this show. Ed's solo a billion times better than most of the earlier shows. Cathedral in the early shows sounded like an out of control goose, now sounds like the old days. Eruption which was like Loss of Control 2 on previous legs, is back to normal. Thank goodness Ed got that back!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.29.12 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samhalen View Post
    Just listened to the boot of this show. Ed's solo a billion times better than most of the earlier shows. Cathedral in the early shows sounded like an out of control goose, now sounds like the old days. Eruption which was like Loss of Control 2 on previous legs, is back to normal. Thank goodness Ed got that back!
    Where did you find a boot of the show? I didn't see one at JTS yet.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

Finally got my pics up on flickr...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richric...7604782969262/

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

04.27.12 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 10-13 View Post
    Where did you find a boot of the show? I didn't see one at JTS yet.
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=193833