Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Default The Moody Blues

Checked out the Moody Blues live the other night and can honestly say I was blown away. Have always been a Moody Blues fan but wasn't really a band I can say I was excited to go see the show, basically went because my Dad was excited and invited me but by the end of the show I was glad I went and had a blast. If they are coming nearby you should check them out, was a great show. Vocals were great, musicianship incredible.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

The Moody Blues are one of those groups that I really need to be in the mood for, but they are really great. If you don't already have it, A Night at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony Ocrh is a very good album.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

I got into them in 1998 when I was in 8th grade. I happened upon my Dad's cassette of Every Good Boy Deserves Favour and Long Distance Voyager on the flip side. I heard EGBDF and I've been a HUGE fan ever since. I have every album (from 1967's Days of Future Passed to 2003's December) including all 4 live albums and all live dvds. And they were also my first (and second) concert experience. I saw them in 1999 (with an orchestra) , 2001 (nearly the same show except for one song and without an orchestra), and 2005 (pretty much the same show as the Live at Greek Theater dvd as it took plays just days after, but without Forever Autumn). Unfortunately I had to miss them last month in Houston because they made the decision not to use the lawn so capacity was critically limited and I couldn't score any tickets. I felt bad because I hadn't missed them ever since that first time and they were playing some songs I hadn't heard live that I really wanted to heard. They put on a great show live though. I've been in a big MB kick lately. I have 4 of the new remasters released over the past year or two. The only reason I don't have them all is because they aren't released in the US so you have to pay import prices.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children 1st
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:12 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Great band..

I saw them at The H'Wood Bowl backed by the L.A. Philharmonic..

Incredible..

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

okey dokey ! The Moody Blues? How about Sade or Simply Red? They rock too.......... Don't they? JK.... They are great musicians for sure, but it never worked for me. I guess, a metal fan first and foremost and just have a hard time letting other stuff into my collection. I do try to have an open mind, i really let the guitar player dictate whether i embrace a band since i have been one for 25 years.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    okey dokey ! The Moody Blues? How about Sade or Simply Red? They rock too.......... Don't they? JK.... They are great musicians for sure, but it never worked for me. I guess, a metal fan first and foremost and just have a hard time letting other stuff into my collection. I do try to have an open mind, i really let the guitar player dictate whether i embrace a band since i have been one for 25 years.
    Well believe me I'm a metal fan too, but I'm also the biggest Moody Blues fan...or James Taylor....or what have you. You'll see me over on the Sevendust thread talking about my opinions on their new album. There probably isn't an album I'm more interested in this year than the new Metallica album. I don't shut out anything...except for country and rap...ha... If you listen to some of the guitar work on those earlier albums you'll be impressed. Justin Hayward did some creative things on those tunes. Unlike these other bands you for some reason have made comparisons (even if jokingly) the Moody Blues are not a pop band. They were never a singles band either. They've had a few hits, but that was never what they were about. They only have one number 1 hit to their name..and off the top of my head I can't even be sure about that one...it may have only gone to number 2. But they have 4 or 5 number 1 albums to their name. They actually are a rock band. They use rock instruments. They don't always fully rock out, if you will, but they do on occasion and they use traditional rock instruments. If you want their rockingest tunes I'd recommend "Story in Your Eyes", "I'm Just a Singer (in a Rock and Roll band)", "Gypsy", and there are others as well. The ratio of them rocking out though may not be to your liking.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.19.08 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default moody blues

glad you enjoyed The Moodies, i belong to several moody fan sites and they have a very loyal following. i'll be seeing them live this coming thursday in morristown nj!the whole tour has gotten rave reviews and i cant wait to add my review

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

Not many VH fans dig the Moodies.....but you can count me as one of them. Good music. I have to thank my dad for turning me on to them.
    Check out 'Eyes of a child'. Great harmony.
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

They were never a big one on my list, I knew Singer In a Rock & Roll Band, Question, Nights In White Satin etc... but wasnt a big fan but after seeing them live, I've really gotten into them and they aren't your straight forward guitar rock band, but the musicianship and song writing is terrific.