Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default line6 toneport gx question

quick question for all you guys out there that use a line6 toneport gx
    i just ordered one and after ordering it i checked the specs (duh! )
    it says that its compatable with windows xp sp2 only, now the laptop im going to be using to record with is a new model with windows vista so will it work ok?..or will i have to run it in compatability mode?

the only reason i bought this particular model is because im only just really starting to record at home properly, previously i have just been using a studio or pluging my pedal board and multi fx straight into my soundcard and recording from there using a free recording program (krystal audio suite), but now i want something a little more professional sounding and also dont wanna kill my soundcard.

thanks in advance guys

tom
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.30.16 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yes it will work.i think you need to go to line 6's web site and download the vista drivers.......i got mine a little ways back and had the same concern...just do the update of drivers and its all good...........check out the EVH setting.sounds pretty good imho..........i use mine regularily and have no problems.other than a couple.i wish now that i would have bought a software based program rather than a hardware based piece of equipment .i am using my toneport for guitars and a fast track pro for recording everything else......it presents problems and a couple hasssles that i havent been able to work around yet........

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

nice one i was a little concerned that i was gonna have to use my old and slow 2003 campaq!
    are there any major latency issues with them or are they quite fast, and can i use my pedal board inline with it...i love my whammy pedal and would really miss it if it wasnt there!

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the best way to monitor your sound is plugging your headphones directly into the toneport itself .that way there are no latency issues at all.........i am sure you can plug your board in front of the tonport for effects........but one thing cool about the TP is ,of course ,placing various stuff after the pre-amp section you get a diff and often better sound.this is a no-brainer im sure.im just sayin........i find the headphones dont quite go loud enough for my listening levels but im sure sure many will find them loud enough...

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzzb View Post
    the best way to monitor your sound is plugging your headphones directly into the toneport itself .that way there are no latency issues at all.........i am sure you can plug your board in front of the tonport for effects........but one thing cool about the TP is ,of course ,placing various stuff after the pre-amp section you get a diff and often better sound.this is a no-brainer im sure.im just sayin........i find the headphones dont quite go loud enough for my listening levels but im sure sure many will find them loud enough...
    awesome, thanks
    its the first new piece of gear ive bought in a while and the first that i can link up to my pc and record with, normaly i'm more of an analog guy when it comes to recording
    guitar, cable, pedals, amp&cab, microphone is my normal recipe..lol

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

me too i hear ya im new at this game as well.so what little knowledge i have im trying to share......are you using a computer based software recording package.......if so you are bound to encounter a couple problems.not trying to be negative.just i know that when i started out earlier this year ,my beginning with this, i would set-up my stuff @ 7pm after dinner then muck around trying to get anything in the headphones..........give up @ 11pm when i was finially able to hear something......now i can be up and running in about the time in takes to boot my program...im using ableton live...........make sure of a couple things when you start off......first you may need to re-set your sound card settings.........secondly.if you are using a recording software,such as live you will have to go into it and let it know that you are using a toneport.it is all very easy i can help you thru it if you like.........i will watch this thread to see if you are screaming for help.....

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzzb View Post
    me too i hear ya im new at this game as well.so what little knowledge i have im trying to share......are you using a computer based software recording package.......if so you are bound to encounter a couple problems.not trying to be negative.just i know that when i started out earlier this year ,my beginning with this, i would set-up my stuff @ 7pm after dinner then muck around trying to get anything in the headphones..........give up @ 11pm when i was finially able to hear something......now i can be up and running in about the time in takes to boot my program...im using ableton live...........make sure of a couple things when you start off......first you may need to re-set your sound card settings.........secondly.if you are using a recording software,such as live you will have to go into it and let it know that you are using a toneport.it is all very easy i can help you thru it if you like.........i will watch this thread to see if you are screaming for help.....

thanks man, itsue to arrive monday so i'll have to see how i get on with it
    its great to know theres someone out there who's been through it and is willing to help out