Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: The Last Waltz

Last Online

06.11.16 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The Last Waltz

Anybody here ever see "The Last Waltz" featuring The Band's farewell concert? I've seen parts of it before but never really paid attention to detail.

Well, take a look. Robbie Robertson is playing a Fender Strat with a slanted humbucker in the bridge and a single coil by the neck. And this is 1976. Not saying Eddie ripped it off, but he wasn't the first or only person to think of it.

Kinda cool.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danward5150 View Post
    Anybody here ever see "The Last Waltz" featuring The Band's farewell concert? I've seen parts of it before but never really paid attention to detail.

Well, take a look. Robbie Robertson is playing a Fender Strat with a slanted humbucker in the bridge and a single coil by the neck. And this is 1976. Not saying Eddie ripped it off, but he wasn't the first or only person to think of it.

Kinda cool.
    I have the DVD, and I watch it once a year on Thanksgiving. My favorite part is where Clapton Is playing with The Band and his Guitar strap comes lose, Robbie Roberts takes over the solo sounded great.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

This is one of the few clear photos that I could find where Robertson's hand isn't covering the pick-up. If you look closely, you'll see the humbucker that danward5150 is referring to.

Good eye, dan!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw