Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

05.13.12 @ 10:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default If you have a dog

I never knew this but the annual vaccination your dog gets could cause an allergic reaction. My dog had a reaction the other night but she's fine now. Usually the reaction will occur an hour after they receive the shot but my dog didn't show any signs until like 8 hours after. Her face was really swollen and she threw up a few times. Just wanted to let the dog owners out there know this because its something I never knew could happen. If the swelling were to get bad enough it could cause them to have problems breathing, which could lead to death. So when your dog gets shots be sure and keep an eye on them for awhile.

Banned!
    Last Online

06.20.08 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good tip and thanks. Wouldn't want anything to happen to my *baby*.

I've always kept a close eye after vac's, but I didn't realize it could be up to eight hours later.

You gotta' keep a close eye on your Vet's too. My dog is a mini Dach...and she is so small that they say they can't give her all her shots at once. So after taking her back a week later for her other shot, and reviewing the bill/invoice I noticed they had given her the same vac as she had received the week before.

The strange thing was, after I called them about it, they were like, oh, sorry, we will credit you for that. My response was, to hell with that, is it going to hurt my dog to have a double vac?

Thankfully no porblems, and yes I was credited....but ya' never know.

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AUGuy5150 View Post
    I never knew this but the annual vaccination your dog gets could cause an allergic reaction. My dog had a reaction the other night but she's fine now. Usually the reaction will occur an hour after they receive the shot but my dog didn't show any signs until like 8 hours after. Her face was really swollen and she threw up a few times. Just wanted to let the dog owners out there know this because its something I never knew could happen. If the swelling were to get bad enough it could cause them to have problems breathing, which could lead to death. So when your dog gets shots be sure and keep an eye on them for awhile.
    Thankyou for the info!
    Van Halen

April 1978 Palladium, NYC
    March 1984 MSG, NYC
    July 1986 Meadowlands, NJ
    Oct 1988 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    July 1993 Jones Beach, NY
    April 1995 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    Oct 2007 Mohegan Sun, CT
    Nov 2007 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    May 2008 MSG, NYC

DLR June 2003 Westbury Music Fair, NY

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Blood & Fire
    Last Online

03.13.13 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wish I had a DOG. the only joy that a domestic pet brings me is when I get to spray the FUCKIN CAT with my spray bottle so that it doesn't sleep with us. (I was given permission to do so)

Why do Cats exist?
    If eddie were down and out on a sidewalk playing guitar I'd be next to him with a bottle and a blanky braving the cold. I would be sucking my thumb happily making chupa chupa noises in sync with the petroglyphic sounds that came from the mighty finger tips of Edward Van Halen.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

You can give your dog Benadryl for that. If you have a little toy dog, ask your vet how much of the liquid to give, but large dogs can take a capsule.

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:38 AM
    Liked 1,618 Times in 995 Posts

Donor

Annual DHPP/distemper and bordatella vaccinations are totally unnecessary. Do you give your kid annual polio and smallpox vaccines all their life?

The rabies vaccine every three years is only necessary because your county requires it by law. Health-wise, it's total bullshit.

I lost a very dear friend of mine from an unnecessary booster vaccine.

After the first two years as a pup...don't let the vet do it ever again. Even with a tither test. It's a fucking racket, and completely unnecessary. They'll tell you all about how it's a wise precaution. Same with the heartworm meds unless you're in a high risk area (read: live around a bunch of idiots who never take their dogs to the vet).

Horseshit.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 04.12.08 at 12:55 AM.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

05.13.12 @ 10:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if all of the vaccines are necessary. I guess I put my trust in the vet too much because I don't have a clue. I remember the dogs we had when I was a kid were healthy as hell and I don't remember giving them heartworm meds. I'll have to ask my parents. Every dog we ever had lived to be atleast 13. I'll just have to do lots of research online to see if I can find some real answers.

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vistadelrey View Post

Why do Cats exist?
    They're for guys that don't have umbrella holes in their deck or patio furniture...
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Squalen's correct. Annual vaccinations are totally unnecessary, and really really bad for your dogs health. Of course your vet tells you to do it every year ($$). Don't.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_