Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

06.20.08 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Dumbest media quotes of all time!

It was a year or two ago, and I was driving to work. Trudi Daniels from the local radio staion WRIF said she couldn't believe Peter Jennings died from lung cancer. Why?? She just thought he was too tough to let it beat him!!

Whaa??

Since when does being tough have anything to do with beating cancer?

Yes, I understand, that everyone who deals with it, and goes through chemo deals with hell.

But, they are all tough. And ultimately it comes down to luck as to who makes it through it.

I just thought her comment was really insulting to the families of victims of cancer who didn't make it. What....somehow they weren't tough enough to beat it??

I'm sure she meant no harm. But this comment, even years later has stuck with me as being so F'ing stupid that it is beyond comprehension!

Guess I just wanted to vent!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

After President Ronald Reagan was shot in 1981, Secretary of State Alexander Haig somehow forgot about the constitutional chain of succession and announced that ""I am in control here" , apparently forgetting the Vice President's role in the running of the country.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Nixon said...Iam not a crook and Clinton said ...He did not have sex with that woman, proving both Republicans and Democrats are both liars.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

From the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln. May 2, 2003.

"Thank you. Thank you all very much.

Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended.
    In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed!"

"And we will stand with the new leaders of Iraq as they establish a government of, by and for the Iraqi people."

"The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11th, 2001 and still goes on."

"And this much is certain: No terrorist network will gain weapons of mass destruction from the Iraqi regime, because the regime is no more."

"America and our coalition will finish what we have begun."

"Our war against terror is proceeding according to the principles that I have made clear to all."

Required viewing: www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/bushswar/
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I don't see much in this that isn't truth:

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    From the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln. May 2, 2003.

"Thank you. Thank you all very much. preliminary politeness - always welcome

Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended. and they had
    In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed!" "prevailed" may have been a strong word, but as far as that stage of the operation, it was over in our favour

"And we will stand with the new leaders of Iraq as they establish a government of, by and for the Iraqi people." and we are

"The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11th, 2001 and still goes on." one victory - as in one of hopefully many to come - and as it was at the time, it was. Unfortunately there were new levels to the battle to be fought and they are still being fought

"And this much is certain: No terrorist network will gain weapons of mass destruction from the Iraqi regime, because the regime is no more." truth

"America and our coalition will finish what we have begun." unless the next president pulls us out

"Our war against terror is proceeding according to the principles that I have made clear to all." not sure what those principles are/were, so I can't say for sure

Required viewing: www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/bushswar/

Last Online

"What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle) this is working very well for them." --Former First Lady Barbara Bush, on the hurricane evacuees at the Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 5, 2005

"Louisiana is a city that is largely underwater..." Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, at roughly the same time.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

And of course those are all quotes by politicians, when Southpaw was talking about quotes by members of the media.

Last Online

So? Where are your quotes in order to nudge this thread in the "correct" direction?

Actually, you should hear some of the buffoonery that passes for televised "journalism" here in the Sunshine State, on a daily basis. It's beyond appalling.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 04.06.08 at 06:52 PM.
    George Bernard Shaw

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

10.03.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    And of course those are all quotes by politicians, when Southpaw was talking about quotes by members of the media.
    Yeah, the three remaining candidates for president alone could have a book written on quotes from the past month. Let's hear the media!
    Go Bills and Sabres!

We're NOT Lawyers! www.werenotlawyers.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh baby! There are so many...

After a man entered a 7th grade classroom in Idaho and shot a bunch of kids before shooting himself, KGO's Ed Baxter asked one of the 12 year-olds:

"Is this the worst thing you've ever seen?"

WTF? Hey, dipshit, he's 12!

After Bill Clinton was re-elected President, Dan Rather was talking to a field reporter discussing exit-polling and the reporter mentions that 75% of voters who voted for Clinton would have voted for Colin Powell had he been in the race. Dan Rather cut him off with this gem:

"Nobody needs to hear that".

My all time favorites are from Joe Namath when he was a color-man for NBC Sports. He was calling a Raiders-Chiefs game and the Chiefs threw an interception and when asked to explain it, Joe said:

"Well, you can see right here that he has three Raiders coming in his face"

Later on, when asked to illustrate the difference between Bo Jackson's running style and Marcus Allen's running attack Joe said:

"Bo's a pure power runner while Marcus will hang back and pick his hole"

Oh, and anytime there's a news conference by the police on an active case you can count on two things happening:

1: The Police spokeman will tell the reporters that he cannot - in any way - comment on details of the investigation beyond his authorized statement.

2: The first question will always be one that asks the spokeman to comment on information outside of his authorized statement.

There should be a media refferee on hand to yank the microphone and press credentials from that reporter and punch them in the mouth for good measure.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Somehow I get the feeling that some here think this country would be more to their liking and have no problems if the freaking republicans just all collectively DIED! Then your life and your land would be perfect.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Don't read this.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    Somehow I get the feeling that some here think this country would be more to their liking and have no problems if the freaking republicans just all collectively DIED! Then your life and your land would be perfect.
    Not me. I just wish to hit the lottery for a big pay-off, then move to a nice condominium on a golf course someplace. With internet access, good restaurants and shopping within walking distance and naturally...quality cable or satellite service.

A few years ago, there was an influx of Haitian refugees that came to land in South Florida. These poor, brave folk, after surviving a harrowing journey across the Atlantic in a rickety craft, somehow made it to a causeway in Miami. Rather than heading to the west, in an apparently bewildered state they began heading eastward toward an outlying island connected by the causeway.

One of the wonderfully insightful television anchor ass-fuckers working locally (who no doubt had Edward R. Murrow spinning in his grave) offered up this particularly poignant question to an on-site reporter:

"Is there any indication that these people can READ ?"

I wanted to crawl through the tv screen and strangle this arrogant putz.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 04.06.08 at 07:43 PM.
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Truman holding the newspaper with the headline Dewey Wins.....the morning of his election as President!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

This one gets my vote:

Dog Shoots Owner in the Back in Memphis, Tennessee
    Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Memphis, Tenn., man is in critical condition Wednesday after his dog shot him in the back.

Police say King George, a 150-pound Great Dane, accidentally knocked a .22-caliber pistol off his owner's end table around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday. The gun went off, hitting his 21-year-old owner in the back, MyFOXMemphis.com reports.

"I knew he was smart, I didn't think he was that smart," the victim's fiancee, Miesha Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com. "He was always protective. I didn't think he would be like that."

Police refused to name the victim as they do not plan to file charges in the shooting, which they've ruled as accidental.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel