Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

John McCain's Son To Head To Iraq With USMC

It's in the NYTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/us...FfsHDvorc0QQoA

I don't know who's cooler, his son for not using his dad's influece to get a cushy job ala George W or Senator McCain for not using his son as a campain poster.

God's speed, young man.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    It's in the NYTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/us...FfsHDvorc0QQoA

I don't know who's cooler, his son for not using his dad's influece to get a cushy job ala George W or Senator McCain for not using his son as a campain poster.

God's speed, young man.
    Axx, not to rain on your parade, the fact this is being announced is no accident. This kid IS a campaign tool right now. By the time the election rolls around he WILL be out of Iraq. The Secret Service can't protect him in a war zone. It'll be a Prince Harry security issue.

You really think McCain is going to keep his son over there?? I can't even see Hillary or Obama allowing him to stay.

He'll go for a bit, but then be removed from the war zone. His going to Iraq is going to fall right in to the war supporters cheers about McCain's boy being there and not Chelsea, etc...

No WAY the USMC is going to allow the boy to stay in a hot zone if McCain's The President.
    Last edited by RRMB; 04.05.08 at 10:10 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

10.03.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Axx, not to rain on your parade, the fact this is being announced is no accident. This kid IS a campaign tool right now. By the time the election rolls around he WILL be out of Iraq. The Secret Service can't protect him in a war zone. It'll be a Prince Harry security issue.

You really think McCain is going to keep his son over there?? I can't even see Hillary or Obama allowing him to stay.

He'll go for a bit, but then be removed from the war zone. His going to Iraq is going to fall right in to the war supporters cheers about McCain's boy being there and not Chelsea, etc...

No WAY the USMC is going to allow the boy to stay in a hot zone if McCain's The President.
    I have to disagree. I did NOT vote for McCain in the primary, but I guarantee this is NOT a publicity stunt. John McCain will NOT even TALK about his kids' service, let alone make it a campaign issue.

Check into it, then get back to us. He told Sean Hannoty in an interview to change the subject when Hannity (classlessly, I may add), tried to make this a campaign issue. McCain refuses to do so.

Unless you find McCain or his direct people pushing this, I disagree, respectfully.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

We're NOT Lawyers! www.werenotlawyers.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

McCain sincerely believes what he believes. And obviously is ready to sacrifice a lot for his ideas. He is a respectable man, no doubt.

It just so happens that his ideas on the Iraq war are totally wrong.
    Little Dreamer

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    McCain sincerely believes what he believes. And obviously is ready to sacrifice a lot for his ideas. He is a respectable man, no doubt.

It just so happens that his ideas on the Iraq war are totally wrong.
    I have to agree with this, except for the Iraq thing. Regardless of what we say about going in, we at the very least owe it to those people to finish this crap. Remember, McCain fought Rumsfeld from the beginning on how we have fought this.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

We owe it to which people? The Iraqis? I don't ever remember anyone asking them for their opinion. I mean was there ever a vote over there: A/ The US should stay, B/ The US should go?
    So no one knows what the Iraqi people would prefer, and no one has bothered to ask them. Until we know that's not a reason to stay.

Now JC Janko, you say we should "finish this crap." Or some other ppl say 'get the job done." But no one DEFINES what this means. If no one defines when the job will be "done" how can we know when to leave? Isn't this an excuse to stay 100 years, like McCain wants? If the job was removing Saddam, the guy's gone, so let's bring the troops home, no?

Last but not least, people never define what they're ready to pay to get the job done. Like if you had to personally pay $10,000 a year to maintain the troops there, would you? My guess is no. And even though McCain is prepared to give his son, would you?

Sometimes I'm surprised by how much love some people have for the Iraqis. Ready to sacrifice so much for the well being of Iraq and its people. Unless there's another reason...
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

OK JC, I'll go and concede the campaign issue then. I was not aware of him not talking about it. But you'll have to give me the point that if McCain is elected, his son is done in Iraq. McCain as President makes his son Priority Target #1 for any insurgents or terrorist groups. Like with Prince Henry of Britain.
    Last edited by RRMB; 04.06.08 at 07:13 AM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Regardless of whether it is a campaign tool or not.....the kid is still going. Can't say that for any other Senator or Congressman or person in Government. (That being said I don't know every Senator or Congressman)

Same thing when everybody talks about McCain being a POW. I'm sure some people use it as a campaign tool.......but.....the fact remains...John McCain was a POW and he can be considered a hero....

Plus hasn't his son been in the army for quite some time now? I remember hearing about his son and the army and Iraq a couple years ago.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts

Premium Member

McCain may have his issues but he will never whore out his son for a political advantage. He was tortured as a POW because he did not take an early release that was offered to him. Nobody can question his devotion or his families devotion to the military.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmm we'll lets see, of course McCain is going to pull his son from iraq after he is elected, its a security issue at that point. No one would allow the possiblity of the son of a nation's leader to out in the open for capture.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

McCain has to be elected first, that's still a long shot.

Senator Biden's son in in Iraq now serving his country. It can be done, ask Teddy Roosevelt Jr.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK JC, I'll go and concede the campaign issue then. I was not aware of him not talking about it. But you'll have to give me the point that if McCain is elected, his son is done in Iraq. McCain as President makes his son Priority Target #1 for any insurgents or terrorist groups. Like with Prince Henry of Britain.
    Can't disagree with that one bit.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Isn't this an excuse to stay 100 years, like McCain wants? If the job was removing Saddam, the guy's gone, so let's bring the troops home, no?
    Here's where we agree. We should have all of our troops home from Germany, Korea, and Japan first though. I'm pretty sure those wars are done.

The 100 year thing may happen in Iraq like it did for those places, as McCain has articulated.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JCJanko View Post
    I have to disagree. I did NOT vote for McCain in the primary, but I guarantee this is NOT a publicity stunt. John McCain will NOT even TALK about his kids' service, let alone make it a campaign issue.

Check into it, then get back to us. He told Sean Hannoty in an interview to change the subject when Hannity (classlessly, I may add), tried to make this a campaign issue. McCain refuses to do so.

Unless you find McCain or his direct people pushing this, I disagree, respectfully.

You're right, and might I add that John McCain was in the same boat when he was captured while his father and grandfather were Admirals in the Navy. So it was a big deal for the North Vietnamese to catch this John McCain, and a much bigger deal if he is the President and his son is in harm's way. They'll keep him out of combat.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JCJanko View Post
    Here's where we agree. We should have all of our troops home from Germany, Korea, and Japan first though. I'm pretty sure those wars are done.

The 100 year thing may happen in Iraq like it did for those places, as McCain has articulated.
    Gotta keep them in Korea. Keeps the North in check...
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion