Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Rockstarsguitars.com

If you guys aren't already familiar with this site, they sell instruments supposedly once owned by "rock stars".

One thing I found kinda odd while searching through the EVH guitars is that almost every one was "acquired from Ed's previous manager who received it as a gift from Ed".

With as many guitars that are posted with this same exact description, it makes me wonder .. is Ed really that "generous"?

I mean ... if anyone can afford to give away guitars like that, certainly Ed can, but I dunno. Just about all the guitars posted on that site always give the same description ... "acquired from Ed's previous manager who received it as a gift from Ed".

http://www.rockstarsguitars.com/prod...at=94&scat=204

Ed's "previous manager" : Oh no, here comes Ed again.
    He probably wants to give me another guitar.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    If you guys aren't already familiar with this site, they sell instruments supposedly once owned by "rock stars".

One thing I found kinda odd while searching through the EVH guitars is that almost every one was "acquired from Ed's previous manager who received it as a gift from Ed".

With as many guitars that are posted with this same exact description, it makes me wonder .. is Ed really that "generous"?

I mean ... if anyone can afford to give away guitars like that, certainly Ed can, but I dunno. Just about all the guitars posted on that site always give the same description ... "acquired from Ed's previous manager who received it as a gift from Ed".

http://www.rockstarsguitars.com/prod...at=94&scat=204

Ed's "previous manager" : Oh no, here comes Ed again.
    He probably wants to give me another guitar.

i think i heard somewhere that all those guitars belonged to Ed Leffler.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From what I know it's a pretty legit site... that probably doesn't help at all though

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember the last time that Kramer Beak neck was sold about 6 years ago. I think it went for 26 grand.
    Who knows what the real story is behind the manager stuff. Just anouther mystery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That wolfgang that looks like the one in the "Not Enough" video is simply calling out to my poor broke self...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Is that the Purple Peavey you've had your eye on Dino (from the Ebay fiasco?) I am the most clueless person on earth about guitars but the purple one is really kewl!
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHgirl in Va View Post
    Is that the Purple Peavey you've had your eye on Dino (from the Ebay fiasco?) I am the most clueless person on earth about guitars but the purple one is really kewl!
    Na ... there's no way I could ever afford a guitar once owned by the man himself.

That whole eBay fiasco just seems to be getting worse and worse too.
    The seller scheduled for FedEx to pick up the guitar for an "inspection", but guess what happens to the guitar once FedEx picks it up? .... yep, it gets shipped right back to the seller.

Needless to say, I refuse to give up possession of the guitar.
    I've spent the past two days and nights fighting with the people at FedEx to do an in-home inspection, which they claim they don't do. They won't even allow me to take the guitar to a FedEx station myself.

I've tried to explain that the shipper is attempting to commit insurance fraud and convince them that I'm on their side in wanting them to deny the claim, but you wouldn't believe the hassle this has become.

I want to repair the guitar, but I don't want to just 'blow off" this inspection and give the seller any excuse for not compensating me for the damages, whether it be through a claim or out-of-pocket.

It's all been pretty frustrating ...
    I want to repair the guitar, but until the inspection is done, everything is sorta at a stand-still.

btw ... did your brother like his EVH strap?
    Last edited by Dino5150; 04.02.08 at 04:12 PM.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Na ... there's no way I could ever afford a guitar once owned by the man himself.

That whole eBay fiasco just seems to be getting worse and worse too.
    The seller scheduled for FedEx to pick up the guitar for an "inspection", but guess what happens to the guitar once FedEx picks it up? .... yep, it gets shipped right back to the seller.

Needless to say, I refuse to give up possession of the guitar.
    I've spent the past two days and nights fighting with the people at FedEx to do an in-home inspection, which they claim they don't do. They won't even allow me to take the guitar to a FedEx station myself.

I've tried to explain that the shipper is attempting to commit insurance fraud and convince them that I'm on their side in wanting them to deny the claim, but you wouldn't believe the hassle this has become.

I want to repair the guitar, but I don't want to just 'blow off" this inspection and give the seller any excuse for not compensating me for the damages, whether it be through a claim or out-of-pocket.

It's all been pretty frustrating ...
    I want to repair the guitar, but until the inspection is done, everything is sorta at a stand-still.

btw ... did your brother like his EVH strap?
    Just curious, 1. Did you inquire about a charge back on your credit card? 2. Why not get the Police involved, this seems like an Internet type of fraud? If I were you I'd go the route of a charge back then give the guitar to fed ex and be done with it. There are lots of beautiful Wolfs out there you just have to be patient and find the right one. I'm always looking but I am starting a new business right now and shouldn't buy any more,,,,,so I could pass any I find your way?

Martin

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

anyone heard of barbra page. i think most of them are coming from her. i know bp spotted one giving to her when a forum member over at ebmm bought one.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MRDC View Post
    Just curious, 1. Did you inquire about a charge back on your credit card? 2. Why not get the Police involved, this seems like an Internet type of fraud? If I were you I'd go the route of a charge back then give the guitar to fed ex and be done with it. There are lots of beautiful Wolfs out there you just have to be patient and find the right one. I'm always looking but I am starting a new business right now and shouldn't buy any more,,,,,so I could pass any I find your way?

Martin
    1) I didn't use a credit card, I used PayPal ...
    Roughly half the amount was taken from a balance I already had in my PayPal account while the other half was taken directly from my bank account.

2) I'm no lawyer, but my better judgement tells me to wait until I have exhausted all other avenues before pressing criminal charges. It's a long drawn-out, frustrating process, but it is what it is.

3) Damaged or not, the guitar is all I have.
    If I allow FedEx to pick it up for an "inspection", it will be shipped back to the seller and I will loose both my money and the guitar. I will continue to fight until I receive an in-home inspection. Should they continue to refuse to offer this, I will simply ask for their denial in writing so it at least shows an honest attempt and effort on my part.

I apologize for turning this thread into another "bitch session" about my troubles. That certainly wasn't my intent. Hopefully others will learn from my frustrations and be a little wiser than I was about how freight claims, PayPal and eBay all operate. It's definately been a learning experience for me.
    Last edited by Dino5150; 04.02.08 at 07:20 PM.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J_Alexander View Post
    anyone heard of barbra page. i think most of them are coming from her. i know bp spotted one giving to her when a forum member over at ebmm bought one.
    Rockstarsguitars.com is just a place I go to look at all the EVH guitars I wish I could afford.

I found it sorta funny that a majority of Ed's guitars were being sold off by a "previous manager who received them as gifts", that's all.
    It may be perfectly legit ... I just found it kinda odd.

I've never heard of "Barbra Page" but I'd love to check it out.
    Got a link?

Favorite VH Album

5150 - F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD
    Last Online

02.14.14 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats Ed's EX Manager...

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.29.08 @ 09:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rockstarsguitars.com is just a place I go to look at all the EVH guitars I wish I could afford.

I found it sorta funny that a majority of Ed's guitars were being sold off by a "previous manager who received them as gifts", that's all.
    It may be perfectly legit ... I just found it kinda odd.

I've never heard of "Barbra Page" but I'd love to check it out.
    Got a link?
    Barbara Page and Associates is the business name that her firm had, she was an awesome business mgr for Ed throughout his career, not sure why she's not longer with him, sucked too cause she was how I got all my autographs from him. Kind of a funny story on this one. Back in 95 my wife and I got into football card collecting and they made some cards that came with autographs in a pack, that got me curious on autograph collecting so I started writing players and sending a SASE and a card of theirs and I got some good signatures back, Joe Montana, A very young Brett Favre and one that also signed for me was Jim Kelly.

Anyway in early 96 I was wondering how to get celebrity auto's and of course VH came to my mind, how the hell do I get Ed to sign stuff? I popped open a magazine at a local grocery store and there was a pic of Ed and Jim Kelly at a golf function and one of the football cards I have of Jim Kelly is him holding a signed music man of Ed's, so I thought shit why not write Jim and ask for Ed's autograph, my wife told me it would never work and low and behold 3 months after I wrote Jim Kelly asking for Ed's auto, I got a big ass envelope in the mail from Page & Assoc,, and in it was not only a 8x10 personally signed by Ed to me but a deal of guitar pics and stuff,, I was floored and of course I had a return address now so I started sending him posters and mags occasionally and he's sign them and return some pics and Ed was fantastic on not only singing these things but actually wrote several letters with them. So to me she was GOLD... just my Barbara Page story.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pancho View Post
    Barbara Page and Associates is the business name that her firm had, she was an awesome business mgr for Ed throughout his career, not sure why she's not longer with him, sucked too cause she was how I got all my autographs from him. Kind of a funny story on this one. Back in 95 my wife and I got into football card collecting and they made some cards that came with autographs in a pack, that got me curious on autograph collecting so I started writing players and sending a SASE and a card of theirs and I got some good signatures back, Joe Montana, A very young Brett Favre and one that also signed for me was Jim Kelly.

Anyway in early 96 I was wondering how to get celebrity auto's and of course VH came to my mind, how the hell do I get Ed to sign stuff? I popped open a magazine at a local grocery store and there was a pic of Ed and Jim Kelly at a golf function and one of the football cards I have of Jim Kelly is him holding a signed music man of Ed's, so I thought shit why not write Jim and ask for Ed's autograph, my wife told me it would never work and low and behold 3 months after I wrote Jim Kelly asking for Ed's auto, I got a big ass envelope in the mail from Page & Assoc,, and in it was not only a 8x10 personally signed by Ed to me but a deal of guitar pics and stuff,, I was floored and of course I had a return address now so I started sending him posters and mags occasionally and he's sign them and return some pics and Ed was fantastic on not only singing these things but actually wrote several letters with them. So to me she was GOLD... just my Barbara Page story.
    Very cool story!

My bad .. I thought "Barbra Page" was some website like "Craigs List".
    Shows how much I know.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    I remember the last time that Kramer Beak neck was sold about 6 years ago. I think it went for 26 grand.
    Who knows what the real story is behind the manager stuff. Just anouther mystery.
    I was thinking about this the other day and I was wondering what ever happened to that site.

I guess we've come across it again.

http://www.rockstarsguitars.com/prod...scat=204&x=&y=

Check THIS OUT!

And Jack Bruce's Gibson bass!!!

http://www.rockstarsguitars.com/prod...=217&x=0&y=264

Why would they get rid of this stuff? Their not short on cash....well maybe Jack is...but certainly not Eddie!
    Last edited by MF5150; 04.02.08 at 09:47 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel