Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:52 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default Eagles Fly (whole band not Toronto)

In response to a thread by someone looking for other footage of them doing this, I have found this.
    Not as good as Toronto though.

'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

It's on the same page at youtube, Eddymon...

Van Halen - "Eagles Fly"-Toronto, ON, Canada ´95 (6:59)
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:52 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I know that man.

I think the cat was looking for something OTHER than Toronto.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    I know that man.

I think the cat was looking for something OTHER than Toronto.
    Yeah, I think he's looking for something that in fact may not exist, other than a one-off recording from a bootleg. If there is a complete recording of the tune with the band playing throughout, it is indeed rare.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

10.19.10 @ 04:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know they played this version in Weedsport, NY on July 4th 1993 if anyone has that bootleg.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tahoewabo View Post
    I know they played this version in Weedsport, NY on July 4th 1993 if anyone has that bootleg.
    Actually, the RHRN (1993) and Balance (1995) versions are different, somewhat.

In 1993, Sam only played acoustic up to the first "where eagles fly" and then the band joined him to finish up the rest of the song, which I thought was cool. Sam's acoustic spot on that tour was "Give to Live", and "Eagles Fly" was pretty much the entire band, aside from the beginning.

In 1995, that was Sam's solo spot (along with a brief four minute intro of either him telling a story or jamming, or both). He would play most of it, do a brief "solo" of his own, go on a little bit more, and for the last minute or so the entire band came on and joined him.

Personally, 1993 > 1995, if you ask me, in terms of the "Eagles Fly" performance. The 1995 tour was better, but not by much. I think this was the height of VH's performing career with Sam.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Yeah, I think he's looking for something that in fact may not exist, other than a one-off recording from a bootleg. If there is a complete recording of the tune with the band playing throughout, it is indeed rare.
    In that case, I will upload it from one of the four RHRN tour boots that I have. It was done at all four, I just think it's the best quality. I'll be back in around five minutes with it.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DHDXMON3

There you have it. Possibly one of the best audience recordings I have from the band, ever. The tour was very special, too, definitely tried to change things up from the FUCK tour. Opening with "Mine All Mine", Ed starting his solos with the main riff of the 1976 outtake "Big Trouble", the only time prior to 2004 the band played "Unchained" with Sam, closing the shows with "Rockin' In the Free World", and of course, the full band version of "Eagles Fly".

Damn. What happened to these guys!?

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005 View Post
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DHDXMON3

There you have it. Possibly one of the best audience recordings I have from the band, ever. The tour was very special, too, definitely tried to change things up from the FUCK tour. Opening with "Mine All Mine", Ed starting his solos with the main riff of the 1976 outtake "Big Trouble", the only time prior to 2004 the band played "Unchained" with Sam, closing the shows with "Rockin' In the Free World", and of course, the full band version of "Eagles Fly".

Damn. What happened to these guys!?
    OK. I clicked that link. I am looking at young girls on a farm, and am asked if I wish to pay $14.99 for a month or $79.99 for two years.

Before I submit to this (and precisely what guarantee am I offered that the chicks I see will end up on this farm I'm driving to), is there not a simpler manner in which to listen to these tracks?
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    OK. I clicked that link. I am looking at young girls on a farm, and am asked if I wish to pay $14.99 for a month or $79.99 for two years.

Before I submit to this (and precisely what guarantee am I offered that the chicks I see will end up on this farm I'm driving to), is there not a simpler manner in which to listen to these tracks?
    When I click it, at the top there's a three letter code which I enter, and then after I enter it, there are two sections: One asking for premium membership, the other asking you to wait 45 seconds for the free download to load. Following clicking the link that says the download is set to go, a pop up may come up. Wait it out, and then it should give you the "Open", "Save", and "Cancel" options . Then you could "x" out of the pop up.

I've been using Megaupload for the past three years, and most people who upload non-torrent boots use it as well. I don't have my own server where I could upload these, so I figured this would be the easiest way.
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 03.28.08 at 10:50 PM.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005 View Post
    When I click it, at the top there's a three letter code which I enter, and then after I enter it, there are two sections: One asking for premium membership, the other asking you to wait 45 seconds for the free download to load. Following clicking the link that says the download is set to go, a pop up may come up. Wait it out, and then it should give you the "Open", "Save", and "Cancel" options . Then you could "x" out of the pop up.

I've been using Megaupload for the past three years, and most people who upload non-torrent boots use it as well. I don't have my own server where I could upload these, so I figured this would be the easiest way.

Screw the "Van Halen" baloney (I have a copy of the show with "Rockin in the free world")...get me back to the link with the provocative young farm chicks that wish to meet me for only $14.99 for a weekend...
    George Bernard Shaw