Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.10.12 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Question for 5150 Combo experts

Okay, I have an issue (may not be an issue) that I wanted to run by any 5150 combo experts we may have here.

I have all my guitars and amps in a room that is about 12 x 12. I have a 5150 combo, Fender 65 Twin Reverb Reissue, Fender Hot Rod DeVille (2x12), Fender Blues Junior, and an Orange Tiny Terror with a 1 x 12 cab.

Here is the problem, when I play any of the amps, usually at a loud volume, I can hear the reverb tank in the 5150 rattling. I know it is the 5150, not the others. When I bought the 5150, I bought it used and I found two springs that had come out of the reverb tank. Is this something you guys hear from your 5150's when playing another amp? If not, do you think something is wrong with my reverb tank and if so, any ideas on where to get one to replace this one? I know where to find reverb tanks for about any Fender amp, but have not looked for one for a 5150.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 726 Times in 343 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncbuckeye3 View Post
    Okay, I have an issue (may not be an issue) that I wanted to run by any 5150 combo experts we may have here.

I have all my guitars and amps in a room that is about 12 x 12. I have a 5150 combo, Fender 65 Twin Reverb Reissue, Fender Hot Rod DeVille (2x12), Fender Blues Junior, and an Orange Tiny Terror with a 1 x 12 cab.

Here is the problem, when I play any of the amps, usually at a loud volume, I can hear the reverb tank in the 5150 rattling. I know it is the 5150, not the others. When I bought the 5150, I bought it used and I found two springs that had come out of the reverb tank. Is this something you guys hear from your 5150's when playing another amp? If not, do you think something is wrong with my reverb tank and if so, any ideas on where to get one to replace this one? I know where to find reverb tanks for about any Fender amp, but have not looked for one for a 5150.

Peavey still makes this amp, only they call it a 6505 combo. You should be able to order the part from any Peavey dealer.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncbuckeye3 View Post

Nice gear, dude!

As stated in the previous post, you should most definitely be able to order 5150 combo parts from Peavey. However, the reverb tank in my 5150 combo also rattles around and makes a lot of noise. Just setting it up for a rehearsal or riding in the car, I hear it banging around. That might just be how it is.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

dude those orange tiny terrors seriously rock, but on to the 5150 issue...
    i know a couple of people with the combo and they all do it when someones playing a differnt amp, my guess is that they're are sensitive to vibrations caused by other loud amps and particular frequencies (like a sympathetic vibration) you could try putting your amp on a soundproof or rubber mat to see if that helps to lessen the problem.
    my guess is that the room you are playing in has floor boards rather than a solid floor (concrete or whatever) this wont help either because the wood helps to transfer vibrations through the floor and not just sonicaly.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

03.10.12 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll try the rubber mat, it is on a concrete slab floor, so the wood floor is not the problem. It is rather annoying.

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

actually here is the company that makes the tanks for peavey. get it from them directly. its cheaper. do you actually use the tank in the combo? if not take the thing out. anyway here is the company.

http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/

they sell there replacement tanks through ebay. you need the type 4 for the 5150 combo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Accutronics-Type...742.m153.l1262

peavey is about 60 bucks for the tank. 30 bucks from them direct. hope this helps

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J_Alexander View Post
    actually here is the company that makes the tanks for peavey. get it from them directly. its cheaper. do you actually use the tank in the combo? if not take the thing out. anyway here is the company.

http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/

they sell there replacement tanks through ebay. you need the type 4 for the 5150 combo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Accutronics-Type...742.m153.l1262

peavey is about 60 bucks for the tank. 30 bucks from them direct. hope this helps
    This is an excellent example of why I love the Guitar Room. This is AWESOME advice and info, dude. Thanks!