Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Wolfgang Trems

  1. #1
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.23.05
    Posts
    1,780
    Last Online

    11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Wolfgang Trems

    Does anyone know who makes these licensed Floyds for Peavey?
    Are parts available?


    Thanks!

  2. #2
    On Fire
    Join Date
    01.08.08
    Posts
    352
    Last Online

    06.14.16 @ 05:24 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    Does anyone know who makes these licensed Floyds for Peavey?
    Are parts available?


    Thanks!

    Parts are available!
    Call 601-483-5365 .....or write to Parts@Peavey.com

  3. #3
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.23.05
    Posts
    1,780
    Last Online

    11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Parts are available!
    Call 601-483-5365 .....or write to Parts@Peavey.com
    Thanks Rat!

  4. #4
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    I *think* it's made by Wilkinson. And I've seen identical trems, only with a steel block instead of brass, selling on eBay that are coming from China.

    AJ once confirmed they are not Ping.

  5. #5
    Hot For Teacher mike-o's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.04.07
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    263
    Last Online

    02.16.10 @ 05:23 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    I *think* it's made by Wilkinson. And I've seen identical trems, only with a steel block instead of brass, selling on eBay that are coming from China.

    AJ once confirmed they are not Ping.
    Do those ones on ebay have the 15" radius that the Wolfgang trems have? I remember you made a post saying you liked those cheap copies alot

  6. #6
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike-o View Post
    Do those ones on ebay have the 15" radius that the Wolfgang trems have? I remember you made a post saying you liked those cheap copies alot
    I think they're good Floyds--all hardened steel, and in ten years and 23 Wolfgangs I've only ever replaced two saddles and a few screws. I also like the design of the saddles better than those on the original Floyds.

    I don't know about the radius. However, I found an identical trem in black with the Peavey etching on eBay a while back and bought it. The saddle height was identical to those on the Wolfgang.

  7. #7
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    I *think* it's made by Wilkinson. And I've seen identical trems, only with a steel block instead of brass, selling on eBay that are coming from China.

    AJ once confirmed they are not Ping.
    Okay... I remember the thread at the Peavey forums where AJ said the Wolfgang hardware was not Ping (but he said he couldn't reveal who the vendor actually was), and I'm fairly certain the conversation was specifically about the licensed Floyds.

    Now check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/PING-Floyd-Rose-...QQcmdZViewItem

    That is the EXACT trem as the Wolfgangs, only in gold. Even the markings on the bottom side of the nut are identical. Even the arm bolt tool is identical. The label says Made in Taiwan, and the seller claims it's Ping. (A lot of Ping stuff is made in Taiwan.) It doesn't look at all like the typical Ping licensed Floyds that carry the Floyd Rose logo, though.

    I'm confused.

  8. #8
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Okay... I remember the thread at the Peavey forums where AJ said the Wolfgang hardware was not Ping (but he said he couldn't reveal who the vendor actually was), and I'm fairly certain the conversation was specifically about the licensed Floyds.

    Now check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/PING-Floyd-Rose-...QQcmdZViewItem

    That is the EXACT trem as the Wolfgangs, only in gold. Even the markings on the bottom side of the nut are identical. Even the arm bolt tool is identical. The label says Made in Taiwan, and the seller claims it's Ping. (A lot of Ping stuff is made in Taiwan.) It doesn't look at all like the typical Ping licensed Floyds that carry the Floyd Rose logo, though.

    I'm confused.
    And so I asked the seller if he could confirm it was a Ping. His response: "Yes, it has the Ping trademark on it. I also have Gold and Silver color models."

    And now I've asked him exactly what the Ping trademark is.

    If it turns out the Wolfgang trems are made by Ping, I'm gonna go crazy because I can get Ping stuff at cost.

  9. #9
    Hot For Teacher dg5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.07.04
    Age
    55
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    266
    Favorite VH Album

    All of em !
    Favorite VH Song

    same as above
    Last Online

    07.01.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Its also the exact same trem as on the HP models !!

    Doug
    You can tune a piano, but you cant tuna fish !

    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=545590&T=6107

  10. #10
    Hot For Teacher mike-o's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.04.07
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    263
    Last Online

    02.16.10 @ 05:23 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Can you ask him about the radius / saddle height?

  11. #11
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    So he says the Ping trademark is the little W thing with the P inside it--check the sustain block on the Wolf trems. I never knew what that symbol was, but the other day I was looking at Ping Floyd trems, AND IT HAD THAT LOGO ON IT!

    Mystery solved. The Wolfgang licensed Floyd Rose tremolos are made by Ping.

  12. #12
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    03.11.08
    Posts
    4
    Last Online

    04.04.08 @ 07:40 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The first thing I did when I got my Wolfgang is change to Floyd. I put an Original Floyd Rose with an upgrade of Titanium Parts. I got the parts on floydupgrades.com. This really made the guitar have more cut, attack, and warmth.

  13. #13
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.23.05
    Posts
    1,780
    Last Online

    11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MavickMusic View Post
    The first thing I did when I got my Wolfgang is change to Floyd. I put an Original Floyd Rose with an upgrade of Titanium Parts. I got the parts on floydupgrades.com. This really made the guitar have more cut, attack, and warmth.
    $800 for titanium saddles?
    No thanks.

  14. #14
    Unchained coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.02
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    454
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 09:50 PM
    Likes
    129
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Parts are available!
    Call 601-483-5365 .....or write to Parts@Peavey.com
    Or use the toll-free number 877-732-8391 ext. 1386

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk fast98dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Age
    43
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,212
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Last Online

    08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Likes
    331
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    That reminds me, I gotta order a new saddle for my A string. I have an aftermarket saddle on that one and I wanna get one that matches the factory saddles...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Wolfgang Special neck vs Wolfgang Standard neck
    By Steely in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10.12.05, 07:56 AM
  2. difference between the U.S wolfgang & korean wolfgang?
    By 5150 poundcake in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08.12.02, 10:26 AM
  3. Trans Trems on Music Yo
    By twonabomber in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02.24.02, 08:40 PM
  4. Trans-Trems?
    By twonabomber in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02.23.02, 12:06 PM
  5. Wolfgang vs. Wolfgang Special
    By Professor5150! in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06.25.00, 04:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •