Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

High School cheerleader, star student dies in breast implant surgery

At 18, Stephanie Kuleba had everything: She was head cheerleader, had a near-perfect grade-point average and was planning to be a pre-med student in college.

The only thing the stunningly beautiful high school senior thought she was missing?

Perfect breasts.

So the Florida teen decided to have cosmetic surgery - a decision that cost her her life.

Stephanie Kuleba, left, died from complications of surgery to breasts.

Kuleba suffered a rare fatal reaction to the anesthesia at an outpatient facility and was rushed to an area hospital.

But it was too late - and now her classmates at West Boca High School in Palm Beach are mourning her loss.

Kuleba's friends held a candlelight vigil the other night and hung her shiny silver cheerleader pompons and T-shirt on the school fence.

The "senior" parking spot where she would pull up in her white Lexus was shrouded with flowers, teddy bears and photos.

"It's hard to believe she's gone," said classmate Vanessa Villegas, 16. "She just made everybody's day by having a good attitude about life."

The teen was planning on attending the University of Florida in the fall and was hoping to become a doctor.

Even with the world at her feet, Kuleba was bothered by the fact that her breasts were not the same size and that one nipple was inverted.

"The surgery itself was very personal," said Benny Perlman, a family spokesman.

Her death has stirred the debate on whether it is appropriate for a girl so young to get cosmetic surgery. The popularity of TV shows like "Extreme Makeover" have fueled a rise in the number of teens going under the knife.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Even with the world at her feet, Kuleba was bothered by the fact that her breasts were not the same size and that one nipple was inverted.

Okay, I was coming in here to get all snotty about rich white kids with too much money (especially after reading that she drove a Lexus to high school),
    but if she actually had a deformed breast then that's another story.

Breasts are important. Especially nice looking ones. If anyone would like to post some pictures of nice looking breasts, that would be okay with me.

Don't read this.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

stunningly beautiful? i dunno. she needed the tits to make up for the face.

the chick on the right is much hotter than the one on the left.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 03.26.08 at 05:58 AM.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Okay, I was coming in here to get all snotty about rich white kids with too much money (especially after reading that she drove a Lexus to high school),
    but if she actually had a deformed breast then that's another story.
    I was going to say the same thing.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Good Enough namedmydaughterHALEN's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

04.19.17 @ 04:47 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    the chick on the right is much hotter than the one on the left.
    agreed!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

What parents in their right mind would...oh nevermind, she was 18.
    Sad story.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 87 Posts

That is sad. However that one on the right...geez, can you say Jail Bait?!!
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBeginning View Post
    What parents in their right mind would...oh nevermind, she was 18.
    Sad story.
    She may have been 18, but you know she wasn't paying for it herself. Besides, if I were her parents, I would be asking who she was expecting to show those breasts to before any other discussions were had.

She obviously was doing fine without the surgery, however imperfect she deemed her breasts to be.

I hate to be cold-hearted, really I do, but this kind of crap is pointless. She didn't need the surgery no matter what anyone tries to rationalize. The only person she would be showing her breasts to would be her future husband anyway, right (who am I kidding, she was probably hoping to get on girls gone wild)? If he wouldn't accept her because of one boob being a little larger than the other or the nipple not being perfect, he's a dickhead and shouldn't get her affection.

The saddest thing about this is that there isn't one 16 year old girl that will read this and have it change their mind about their own need for breast implants. Use what your momma gave you and stop trying to be perfect. No one is. Besides, perfect breasts are way down on the list of things a good person would use to judge women. Sure, men may stare, but the men you attract with those things aren't the kind of people that will "like you for you."

Stupid consequences for stupid actions.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    She may have been 18, but you know she wasn't paying for it herself. Besides, if I were her parents, I would be asking who she was expecting to show those breasts to before any other discussions were had.

She obviously was doing fine without the surgery, however imperfect she deemed her breasts to be.

I hate to be cold-hearted, really I do, but this kind of crap is pointless. She didn't need the surgery no matter what anyone tries to rationalize. The only person she would be showing her breasts to would be her future husband anyway, right (who am I kidding, she was probably hoping to get on girls gone wild)? If he wouldn't accept her because of one boob being a little larger than the other or the nipple not being perfect, he's a dickhead and shouldn't get her affection.

The saddest thing about this is that there isn't one 16 year old girl that will read this and have it change their mind about their own need for breast implants. Use what your momma gave you and stop trying to be perfect. No one is. Besides, perfect breasts are way down on the list of things a good person would use to judge women. Sure, men may stare, but the men you attract with those things aren't the kind of people that will "like you for you."

Stupid consequences for stupid actions.

Excellent post!

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Yeah, she may have died during surgery, specifically a reaction to the anesthesia. But it seems the deeper cause may have been peer pressure, and the desire to keep up with all the other young chicks with fake tits.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

There are a lot of good points here, but I'm still going to go ahead and defend this girl's decision.
    She had a birth defect that made her feel ugly and she had surgery to fix it. That's okay with me.
    I know that we're all supposed to value the inner person, I'm sure she did too. But she had a right to fix it if she didn't like it.
    This wasn't just getting bigger boobs either, or doing some wierd Michael Jackson surgery. This was fixing something that had gone wrong. That makes a difference.

Don't read this.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    There are a lot of good points here, but I'm still going to go ahead and defend this girl's decision.
    She had a birth defect that made her feel ugly and she had surgery to fix it. That's okay with me.
    I know that we're all supposed to value the inner person, I'm sure she did too. But she had a right to fix it if she didn't like it.
    This wasn't just getting bigger boobs either, or doing some wierd Michael Jackson surgery. This was fixing something that had gone wrong. That makes a difference.
    I understand where you're coming from Winkle, and I agree that you should fix something that makes you feel ugly by all means. I do think that if she was fixing a deformity, then that's ok, but what's inside a person's heart is the most important thing. Like my mama always said: " If you're beautiful on the inside it will always enhance the beauty on the outside."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

But no one was going to see her "deformity" until after they were sold on the rest of her. From the looks of the picture, there didn't seem to be much wrong in the big picture that would repulse anyone. Any surgery for something like that is just a substitute for empty self-esteem issues that are caused by other issues. It's like wiping your ass with baby wipes when your nose is stuffed. Sure, it may feel nice, but it doesn't solve the real problem.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 729 Times in 293 Posts

The girl was 18. It's a tragedy, and I'm sure if she could do it over again, she would make a different decision.

There's no way to understand how somebody feels about themselves by looking at them. Sure, I probobly wouldn't even notice what ever problem she had, or even care, but to her it mattered, and sadly cost her her life in a freak event.

Without totally de-railing this thread, I'll try to offer some insight.

I was really skinny in High School. About 145lbs at 5'11". I was muscular, and played sports, so I never thought I was "too thin", even though my coaches, parents, etc said I was.

In college, I became fully addicted to lifting weights and having a "perfect body". So much so, that I started using sleeping pills everyday, so I could recover faster from my workouts... I also started forcing myself to throw-up if I ate anything that even had 1 gram of fat in it. I gained 60 lbs. of solid muscle in 3 years, and was an emotional mess. I didn't want to do anything other than lift weights, sleep, and force feed myself egg-whites, tuna, and oatmeal. I developed anxiety issues because I thought people were talking shit about me everywhere I went... I eventually got myself right after screwing with anti-depressants to no avail.

I'm not saying this is the kind of thing this girl was going through, but just because someone looks ok to you or me, doesn't mean they feel ok about themselves, or have yet gained the wisdom that looks don't even really matter that much. Alot of people say they don't care how they look, but everyone is vain to some extent. If you iron your shirt, or comb your hair, you are trying to look good for somebody...

I'll try not to pass judgement on this girl I never met, and just say a prayer for her family tonight...

~Peace
    https://www.reverbnation.com/kingslevel1
    https://twitter.com/kingslevel1
    New EP "Awakening" out on Amazon, Spotify, Google, iTunes 122117

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am so torn with this girl... I understand the need to "want" to fix a deformity. For many women their breasts are their femininity (just ask a women that has lost a breast or both to breast cancer) Not all feel this but even women that think missing a breast won't matter will likely tell you otherwise post surgery.

The other point is, she had a fatal reaction to anesthesia ... at some point in everyone's life you are very likely to have some type of surgery. This may have been inevitable. I am just sad that she died having "elective" surgery. I am not sure as a parent, of 2 young girls, how I would handle this situation. I thankfully haven't been put in that place.

I have very negative feelings about really young women having this type of surgery. At that age I wasn't mature enough to even decide what my major in college would be, let alone alter my body permanently. There's always the fact that breast surgery can create disfiguration as well ... I am also a chicken that medically knows how very wrong any type of surgery can go.

All around just a sad, sad death for a pretty young women. Also, it is comments like the ones above about the other girl being "hotter" that drive immature young women with low self esteem to try and enhance their looks for other superficially based people. There is nothing at all wrong with the way she looks. Are there other people in the world prettier, of course, there always will be.
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*