Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Calling all Wolfgang Experts

Ok Gang,

Does anyone know if any of the Seafoam Archtops came with Rosewood?
    And If so ANY FOR SALE ?? Trem or stop but Trem is pref

Martin

I've been searchin this site and Google with no luck

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MRDC View Post
    Ok Gang,

Does anyone know if any of the Seafoam Archtops came with Rosewood?
    And If so ANY FOR SALE ?? Trem or stop but Trem is pref

Martin

I've been searchin this site and Google with no luck
    i think the rosewood was a custom shop option but i'm not certain....there's possibly 2 guys i know who would know, so over to andrew and doug ...
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i think the rosewood was a custom shop option but i'm not certain....there's possibly 2 guys i know who would know, so over to andrew and doug ...
    I'm almost positive that any rosewood neck would have to be custom shop since maple is the stock option. No "expert" though. Sea foam is an awesome color!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

YES, there were seafoam Wolfgangs produced with rosewood fingerboards, but there are only a handful of them out there.

The story goes...

Peavey wanted to make rosewood fingerboards a regular production option on the Wolfgangs, but Ed wouldn't have it. So rosewood (and other woods) were only offered on Custom Shop models. Peavey produced a number of Custom Deluxe (Custom Shop) Wolfgangs for the "Vault" (the Custom Shop showcase--Wolfgangs not directly ordered from customers) that were sold directly from the website. They did a number of Wolfgangs this way that were often just stock with the exception of the rosewood fingerboards. Near the end of the run they stopped classifying them as "Custom Shop" models and just sent them out as production models. So the year it was made will determine if it was logged as Custom or not. (I have a 2002 gloss black Wolfgang Special stop tail with a rosewood fingerboard; it is no different than a production model except for the rosewood fingerboard, but it is still logged with Peavey as being from the Custom Shop.) I have indeed seen seafoam Wolfgangs (arch top only) with rosewood fingerboards, but only a few times over the years.

Also remember that both seafoam and vintage gold Wolfgang arch tops did indeed have maple caps on them. It's a cool "added bonus" of buying those colors!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

I believe AT is technically correct on that.
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    YES, there were seafoam Wolfgangs produced with rosewood fingerboards, but there are only a handful of them out there.

The story goes...

Peavey wanted to make rosewood fingerboards a regular production option on the Wolfgangs, but Ed wouldn't have it. So rosewood (and other woods) were only offered on Custom Shop models. Peavey produced a number of Custom Deluxe (Custom Shop) Wolfgangs for the "Vault" (the Custom Shop showcase--Wolfgangs not directly ordered from customers) that were sold directly from the website. They did a number of Wolfgangs this way that were often just stock with the exception of the rosewood fingerboards. Near the end of the run they stopped classifying them as "Custom Shop" models and just sent them out as production models. So the year it was made will determine if it was logged as Custom or not. (I have a 2002 gloss black Wolfgang Special stop tail with a rosewood fingerboard; it is no different than a production model except for the rosewood fingerboard, but it is still logged with Peavey as being from the Custom Shop.) I have indeed seen seafoam Wolfgangs (arch top only) with rosewood fingerboards, but only a few times over the years.

Also remember that both seafoam and vintage gold Wolfgang arch tops did indeed have maple caps on them. It's a cool "added bonus" of buying those colors!
    Thanks AT,

I agree with all that as I've heard similar accounts, But I don't recall ever seeing a Seafoam Archtop with Rosewood, and I've decided I want one, because I like the colour and I know there will be a maple top under it for the tone I like So now all I need to do is find one for sale I can afford LOL! If I can't i'd go for a trans blue.

On another Note Andrew do you find a great deal of difference in tone between your Archtops and your specials. I have the one Dark Cherry Custom shop Special and compared to my Archtops its a bit thin.

Martin....

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Seems like there were some pictures from an old NAMM show where they had a few rosewood neck Wolfgangs hanging up in the Peavey booth. Don't remember what year or if it was Seafoam or not. It was a display for the Peavey/Wolfgang custom shop and they had a few samples hanging up.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Here's kinda what I'm talking about. Probably what I was trying to remember. No Seafoams, though:

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I am sure there are some out there but it will probably cost you a pretty penny. It seems the Seafoam with maple necks usually cost more than other production models.

By the way, I want the clear Custom Wolfgang Special! I forgot they made a couple of those.
    \m/ VH \m/

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dance The Night Away View Post
    I am sure there are some out there but it will probably cost you a pretty penny. It seems the Seafoam with maple necks usually cost more than other production models.

By the way, I want the clear Custom Wolfgang Special! I forgot they made a couple of those.
    I don't mind paying what it's worth if it's in good shape. I've seen them go for $1351 on evilbay that was me missing it buy $1 ArrG. That one wasa maple neck tho.
    Martin

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I don't mind paying what it's worth if it's in good shape. I've seen them go for $1351 on evilbay that was me missing it buy $1 ArrG. That one wasa maple neck tho.
    Martin
    Well good luck in your search.
    \m/ VH \m/

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I didn't find a seafoam I found a Beautiful Purple Flame archtop with a Rosewood fretboard. Never seen one of those! I pick her up tomorrow night. Will post pictures.

out,
    M

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I didn't find a seafoam I found a Beautiful Purple Flame archtop with a Rosewood fretboard. Never seen one of those! I pick her up tomorrow night. Will post pictures.

out,
    M

That sounds gorgeous!
    Post pics when you can.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

out,
    M
    It's probably a later model--somewhere between 2002 and 2004.

Several months back Chris' Guitars had a "dark violet" flame Custom Shop Wolfie with a rosewood fingerboard. I pondered it too long, and someone else snatched it up. I regret missing that one and also the trans black birdseye top Wolf Special that popped up on eBay a couple of years ago.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    It's probably a later model--somewhere between 2002 and 2004.

Several months back Chris' Guitars had a "dark violet" flame Custom Shop Wolfie with a rosewood fingerboard. I pondered it too long, and someone else snatched it up. I regret missing that one and also the trans black birdseye top Wolf Special that popped up on eBay a couple of years ago.
    Dude you're goona freak on this one ! Just got it home. "Violet" will go through some cleaning and a set up tonight. She has the famed number "5" as the first # in the serial! When I saw that I didn't even haggle with the guy a simple "Sold Dude" as I handed over $1600 Canadian bills built June 10th 2003 she is flawless, has all paperwork, fret protector bla bla absolutley stunning flame top I've never seen one with such a large grain = yes me happy very happy Pics will come tomorrow.

Out,
    Martin