Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Grizzly Bear vs Mother Cougar

While we're on the subject of white sharks, I stumbled across this one -

You'd be surprised.

And another one -

I'm not surprised about the outcome of that battle - there's like a dozen of lions versus an elephant. What I'm shocked with is that *all* of them are females. Like huh

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    I love that shit. I'm a "big cat" fan. Next to Wolves, I'm all about the big cats. Having seen both out in the sticks, I love that shit. Thanks for the vids. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not surprised at either one of those battles. The cougar may be one of the smaller of the wild cats but it's still a mother protecting her young. It also has the most amazing "roar" of any cat.

Lions are communal but also territorial. A pride is "ruled" by an ubermale who may fertilize more than one female, although more than one male may live within the pride. Cubs are tended by all the females in the pride. However, this is not always good. If a female feels her hierarchy within the pride is being threatened by another female she will eat the cubs of that female as a warning. Lions are the only cats to do this. Lions are mean.
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Strong cats always eat a bowl of Meow Mix!

HH<------It's 3:30am and why am I up....oh yeah, WORK!-------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Cool stuff. Don't mess with the big cat.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    I love that shit. I'm a "big cat" fan. Next to Wolves, I'm all about the big cats. Having seen both out in the sticks, I love that shit. Thanks for the vids. Out.
    You'd totally love this one then -

I knew about cross-breed species of dogs and wolves that become larger and more vicious than their parents, but this one is just enormous!

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterdays View Post
    I'm not surprised at either one of those battles. The cougar may be one of the smaller of the wild cats but it's still a mother protecting her young. It also has the most amazing "roar" of any cat.

Lions are communal but also territorial. A pride is "ruled" by an ubermale who may fertilize more than one female, although more than one male may live within the pride. Cubs are tended by all the females in the pride. However, this is not always good. If a female feels her hierarchy within the pride is being threatened by another female she will eat the cubs of that female as a warning. Lions are the only cats to do this. Lions are mean.
    Are you sure? Coz I've heard it the other way around - once a male lion comes across another pride's territory first they fight, then if the winning male is the alien one he kills the cubs.

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It's not a surprise the cougar won over the Bear. The bear was just hungry, but the cougar fought with a purpose. I was watching something on Bears one time where the giant male Bear was the dominant Bear at the river, and went after some cubs, and out of nowhere came the mother bear, much smaller and kicked his ass.

It's the whole, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog," saying.

With regard to lions...the females do all the damn dirty work in regards to hunting. What they typically do not show is the male lion hangs around and waits for the prey to become so weak and they jump in the finish the job. The male eats, the females wait their turn. It's quite remarkable. The males are very much capable of hunting, when they don't have a pride to hunt for them. But once they established a pride....lazy motherfuckers.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    With regard to lions...the females do all the damn dirty work in regards to hunting. What they typically do not show is the male lion hangs around and waits for the prey to become so weak and they jump in the finish the job. The male eats, the females wait their turn. It's quite remarkable. The males are very much capable of hunting, when they don't have a pride to hunt for them. But once they established a pride....lazy motherfuckers.
    Sort of like how once I moved out of my mom's house I somehow managed to feed myself everyday, but once I got married I relied on my wife.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    Are you sure? Coz I've heard it the other way around - once a male lion comes across another pride's territory first they fight, then if the winning male is the alien one he kills the cubs.
    According to this you are correct. However, I can almost swear that I saw a female eating the cubs on one of those nature shows. Either way lions are mean.

Habitat and Lion Pride
    The lion is found in parts of Africa south of the Sahara desert. Lions are the most social of all the felids, and live in organized groups called prides which can hold four to forty members. The pride is made up of related lionesses and their cubs and one to six males which have fought their way into the pride. If a lion is killed by another lion trying to join the pride, the previous male's cubs will be killed to give way for the new dominate lion's offspring. When a female comes to realize her cubs are gone, she goes into estrus and mates with the new dominate male. The pride is very social, and they often lick and rub heads with each other. The males are the protectors of the pride, and the females are the hunters and take care of the cubs.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Fucking hell, another shocking one, at least for me it was -

*ZEBRA* kicks lioness' ass!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That zebra was smart! Poor Lioness thought she was going to have a nice zebra dinner. Her problem was she applied "the killing bite" too high on the neck.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah it's increadible that zebra would actually know that submerging lioness' head into water might kill her.

What I find strange is how "passive" animal fights are. When you see those videos of some tiger or lion holding it's prey they would just bite their teeth into prey's skin and do nothing for like half a minute - and some unlucky bull or a giraffe would do absolutely nothing! That's so different from how people fight - fast, intense, punching and kicking away and all.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Not trying to turn this into another Cougar vs Grizzly Thread but.....

The only thing the cat has against the Grizzly is the speed.

I personally think the Grizzly Bear is one of the most majestic animals out there. Something about them that just fascinates me.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I wonder how Bear vs Crocodile fight would turn out. All the videos I've seen on youtube with a croc being involved are with croc being an absolute winner (well, save for that tiger video).

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    Yeah it's increadible that zebra would actually know that submerging lioness' head into water might kill her.

What I find strange is how "passive" animal fights are. When you see those videos of some tiger or lion holding it's prey they would just bite their teeth into prey's skin and do nothing for like half a minute - and some unlucky bull or a giraffe would do absolutely nothing! That's so different from how people fight - fast, intense, punching and kicking away and all.
    I think the passivity comes from fear. They literally know the smell of danger. Plus, animals such as zebras, gazelles, warthogs, your basic lion fare, are used to traveling in packs. Once they are separated from the pack they are all ready scared, add in a predator and you get immobilization.