Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default 5150: Jackass star Steve-O

Steve-O acts more crazy than usual; held on 5150

How do you tell if someone has a legitimate mental illness when part of their job is to willfully, and stupidly, injure themselves through idiotic pranks? Jackass star Steve-O, who just a couple of weeks ago was carted off to jail for vandalism and drug possession, is now being held in a hospital on a 5150 hold after threatening to kills himself.

The hold, originally for 72 hours, has now been extended to 14 days. Sources say that just prior to the vandalism charges, Steve-Os family was trying to stage an intervention, and have been working behind the scenes with his Jackass co-star, Johnny Knoxville, to get him into treatment for drug abuse and bipolar disorder.

Steve-O has been hospitalized for observation, sources close to the stuntman confirmed to MTV News on Thursday (March 13).

On Sunday, the Jackass star was planning to execute a stunt where he would take a 25-foot fall onto concrete, a fall he hoped to break with cardboard boxes and trash cans, so long as his friends showed up to provide them. 50 Cent got shot nine times at once and survived, and he is forever a legend, Steve-O (real name: Stephen Glover) wrote to his e-mail list. I betcha I break more than nine bones if nobody comes with something to catch me, because, mark my words, I will fall! In separate e-mails, he wrote repeatedly, Im ready to fing die.

But it wasnt an injury from this stunt that landed him in lockdown at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Sunday, after being taken there by Johnny Knoxville and Dimitry Elyaschevich, according to their mutual friends. Rather, it was concern over his recent behavior that precipitated it. Hes in the hospital now, one of his friends told MTV News. Not for injury, for observation. His friends estimate that hell be in the hospital for 14 days.

A week before the stunt, Glover had been arrested for allegedly vandalizing his neighbors property, and a felony drug charge for possession of cocaine during the incident was added this week, his arraignment for which was scheduled for Thursday. As Glover was not available to enter a plea, an attorney went to court on his behalf to explain the circumstances and ask for a continuance, so the arraignment was pushed back until March 26.

It was Glovers arrest a week ago that precipitated this situation, however. As a result of the vandalism charge and the subsequent media attention, Glover was evicted from his apartment and decided to do the stunt as a last hurrah, to take advantage of the clearing from the loft. In planning that stunt, the references to dying and suicide in his e-mails concerned his friends and family the most, especially coming on the heels of his girlfriend rejecting a marriage proposal, which he also wrote about. These last e-mails definitely had something to do with it, another friend said, but hes been headed towards this for a few months.

My family is convinced that Ive got bipolar disorder, Glover wrote in November. I dont know if I agree, but Ive come to terms with the fact that Im somewhat fed in the head. I agreed to go to a psychiatrist for a professional evaluation, to try and figure out what specific category of nutjob I fall into. Ive decided that I want to make a rad project out of finding what the f is wrong with me. I sure hope this psychiatrist is down with me having my evaluation filmed.

No word on whether Cedars-Sinai is allowing Steve-O to document his lockdown, as a rep for the hospital could not confirm his admittance, citing patient confidentiality, but regardless, his friends predict hell be fine in a few weeks. Once he dries out in there, one friend said, hell be back to happy old funny Steve-O.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What a jackass...oh! isn't that the show he's in? How appropriate. Get a life Steve-O

PS: he apparently has hit his head too many times on solid surfaces
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Honestly, why are they preventing this idiot from killing himself? Think of the ratings that would bring in for the show!!!
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Honestly, why are they preventing this idiot from killing himself? Think of the ratings that would bring in for the show!!!
    very sad and horrible thought (but dang it I agree with you!!!! )

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Somethin wrong with makin money bein a moron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    Somethin wrong with makin money bein a moron.
    worked for Rosie O'Donnell...
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the last time I saw Steve-O, he took a staple gun and stapled his nuts to his leg.

The dude's a freak.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    I think the last time I saw Steve-O, he took a staple gun and stapled his nuts to his leg.

The dude's a freak.
    He made money doin that?
    Shit. I do that all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post

The dude's a freak.
    Yeah, I think he called that stunt "The Butterfly".

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Seriously, happy people don't treat themselves the way that Steve O does.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Seriously, happy people don't treat themselves the way that Steve O does.
    Well, apparently if you want to kill yourself, you must not be too happy...if they have you locked up as a 5150 case, you must not be too happy. If you staple your "guys" to your leg, you are seriously fucked up.
    I don't EVEN have "guys" and it makes me cringe, yooowwww!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

08.16.08 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fuck some of you really amaze me.

He may be a celebrity, he may have money, he may have done a lot of crazy things, but at the end of the day, he's still a person, and obviously a messed up person who needs help.

I don't know Steve-O, but can't stand to see people get kicked when they are down. It's truly a low level cheap shot.
    Last edited by SecretWind; 03.14.08 at 03:29 PM.
    Victory Over Violence
    www.vov.com

Soka Gakkai Int'l USA
    http://www.sgi-usa.org/thesgiusa/

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWind View Post
    Fuck some of you really amaze me.

He may be a celebrity, he may have money, he may have done a lot of crazy things, but at the end of the day, he's still a person, and obviously a messed up person who needs help.

I don't know Steve-O, but can't stand to see people get kicked when they are down. It's truly a low level cheap shot.
    you know your are very right, I was definatly having fun at someone else's expense which is not cool.

This guy does some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen though, he just screams of being obnoxious. I would not be surprised if he started screaming he would kill himself -------- just to scream "I'm gonna kill myself"
    when I said he was fucked up I meant it, he is very "off".

He's one of those people that annoys people on the side, just because he can and he's so very good at it. I spend my days as a parent trying to keep my kids from ever seeing anything he is involved in. I mean my parents had to deal with Evel Kneivel (there were some close calls in my family with this guy and our stunt reproduction attempts) but Steve-O is off the charts.
    I would DIE if I found my kids trying to jump off the roof trying to "softly" land on a bunch of boxes and blankets or trying to staple any body parts to anything else.
    I have a hard time drumming up empathy for him, which is not a very nice way to be I know.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

08.16.08 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHgirl in Va View Post
    you know your are very right, I was definatly having fun at someone else's expense which is not cool.

This guy does some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen though, he just screams of being obnoxious. I would not be surprised if he started screaming he would kill himself -------- just to scream "I'm gonna kill myself"
    when I said he was fucked up I meant it, he is very "off".

He's one of those people that annoys people on the side, just because he can and he's so very good at it. I spend my days as a parent trying to keep my kids from ever seeing anything he is involved in. I mean my parents had to deal with Evel Kneivel (there were some close calls in my family with this guy and our stunt reproduction attempts) but Steve-O is off the charts.
    I would DIE if I found my kids trying to jump off the roof trying to "softly" land on a bunch of boxes and blankets or trying to staple any body parts to anything else.
    I have a hard time drumming up empathy for him, which is not a very nice way to be I know.
    I get what you are saying...there are definitely people who annoy and test my patience and tolerance. You can't always change them, but I do try to at least understand.

I try to see the big picture in that we are all human beings, and in this together. I practice Buddhism, and try to have compassion and concern for all humanity. Of course, it's very challenging sometimes, and with certain types of people.

But in this case..I see a guy who is so obviously crying out for help, and most likely has the potential to straighten out. Even more important if he has kids, and I believe he does? He may need medication, therapy, and recovery from drug problems, and if he suceeds in getting it together, it might be that you'll see a whole different person.

I understand that you don't see him as a role model for your kids, however, that doesn't necessarily mean the guy is a complete asshole or waste of a human being. And as a parent, you have the control of what your kids are influenced by, and come in contact with, right? There are a lot worse people out there doing worse things, imo.

Mistakes aside, I just don't think making fun of some one like this, who is obviously in a bad way, acceptable or even funny. Just my .02.
    Last edited by SecretWind; 03.14.08 at 04:38 PM.
    Victory Over Violence
    www.vov.com

Soka Gakkai Int'l USA
    http://www.sgi-usa.org/thesgiusa/

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

But in this case..I see a guy who is so obviously crying out for help, and most likely has the potential to straighten out. Even more important if he has kids, and I believe he does? He may need medication, therapy, and recovery from drug problems, and if he suceeds in getting it together, it might be that you'll see a whole different person.
    My point was that his whole schtick is a cry for help. Jackass was all about self-abuse and the fact is that normal, well adjusted people simply do not engage in that kind of thing. Steve-O and the rest of the Jackass crew lowered the bar for our society and re-introduced the inflicting of pain as entertainment.

I don't wish Steve-O ill, but I can't say that I care if he lives or ends it all.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300