Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Eliot Spitzer.... is he a good guy or a naughty boy?

*Anyone want to weigh an opinion is he right/wrong * should have resigned or stayed on
    I think the majority of us have really great opinions and I'd love to hear what you think about this and why!

ALBANY, N.Y. - New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer has decided to resign, completing a stunning fall from power after he was nationally disgraced by links to a high-priced prostitution ring, a top state official said Wednesday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Spitzer is scheduled to announce his resignation at 11:30 a.m., according to a second top Spitzer staffer. The officials spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the announcement had not yet been made.

Spitzer would be replaced by Lt. Gov. David Paterson, who will become New York's first black governor.

The scandal erupted Monday when allegations surfaced that Spitzer, a 48-year-old married man with three teenage daughters, spent thousands of dollars on a call girl named Kristen at a swanky Washington hotel on the night before Valentine's Day.

"I have acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family and violates my — or any — sense of right and wrong," the governor said at a news conference with his wife, Silda, at his side. "I apologize to the public, whom I promised better."
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHgirl in Va View Post
    spent thousands of dollars on a call girl named Kristen at a swanky Washington hotel on the night before Valentine's Day.
    hahaha, yeah I doubt it was a one time thing...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Incredibly stupid.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

He should resign, plain and simple he broke laws that he was supposed to uphold as A.G. and Governor. Not to mention the disrespect of his wife and children. The fact that he paid $5000.00 for a piece of ass also shows how stupid he is.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

FW, ADKoT, VH1, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Blood & Fire, ATBL
    Last Online

01.06.13 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Incredibly stupid.
    Because of what he did?! Or because he got caught?!
    Politicians lie...men cheat...Van Halen keeps their fans in the dark...Why is everyone acting so surprised by all of this?!
    "The music of Van Halen is vital."-David Lee Roth-1978

VH Shows....
    10-22-1988 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    10-15-1991 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    10-16-1991 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    04-28-1995 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    05-24-1998 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    09-09-2004 - Tampa Forum - Tampa, FL
    02-14-2008 - Amway Arena - Orlando, FL
    05-09-2008 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ
    04-12-2012 - Amway Center - Orlando, FL

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Han Valen View Post
    Because of what he did?! Or because he got caught?!
    Both!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Why is everyone acting so surprised by all of this?!
    I was surprised that he was so stupid.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

All I know is that Letterman was going to town on this guy last night...every second phrase out of his mouth was, "Bangin' Whores"

It was GREAT!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Couldn't care less about this. I dont' think in the grand scheme of shady politicians this is a big deal. Having typed that, he did get caught and he should pay the price for the crime.

God, I hope the poon was worth it.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHgirl in Va View Post
    *Anyone want to weigh an opinion is he right/wrong * should have resigned or stayed on
    I think the majority of us have really great opinions and I'd love to hear what you think about this and why!

ALBANY, N.Y. - New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer has decided to resign, completing a stunning fall from power after he was nationally disgraced by links to a high-priced prostitution ring, a top state official said Wednesday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Spitzer is scheduled to announce his resignation at 11:30 a.m., according to a second top Spitzer staffer. The officials spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the announcement had not yet been made.

Spitzer would be replaced by Lt. Gov. David Paterson, who will become New York's first black governor.

The scandal erupted Monday when allegations surfaced that Spitzer, a 48-year-old married man with three teenage daughters, spent thousands of dollars on a call girl named Kristen at a swanky Washington hotel on the night before Valentine's Day.

"I have acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family and violates my — or any — sense of right and wrong," the governor said at a news conference with his wife, Silda, at his side. "I apologize to the public, whom I promised better."

Should it even be a question if he is RIGHT OR WRONG in staying on a Gov.

Like I said Letterman was talking about this and he made a great analogy........

"Let's say...I make pies and sell them at the side of the road. Everybody loves my pies...but then one day...somebody buys one of my pies, eats it....and they get very sick and they die. Chances are my pie making career is OVER! I won't be saying, "Well...we're gonna tinker with the recipe....and fix somethings." No it would be over"
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

I don’t post often but I thought that I might put my two cents in. This guy built his entire career on his moral judgment of others. “Judge not that you be not judged, for with what judgement you judge, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you”. What a great circumstance to define and illuminate this great quote.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Spitzer's troubles ready-made for jokes

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer
    Wed Mar 12, 7:37 AM ET

A prominent politician, especially one known for a certain righteousness, is alleged to be a customer of high-priced call girls. For comics, that's a hanging curveball over the plate.

New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer became the butt of jokes faster than, well, faster than it would take a prostitute to ride Amtrak from New York to Washington.

"I sat next to the guy three times and I didn't pick up on any of this," said Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert, "and I usually have excellent whore-dar."

Bam!

"It's just mind-blowing that he spent $4,300 on a hooker," said New York comic Lisa Landry. "It just shows how high the cost of living is in New York. That same hooker would cost $50 in Newark."

Smack!

"They're talking about impeaching Eliot Spitzer if he doesn't step down," David Letterman said, "and I'm thinking, 'Whoa, a Democrat being impeached for extramarital sex. Well, happy days are here again!"

Boom!

Spitzer, accused of being the prostitution ring's so-called Client 9, was Topic 1 again with late-night comics Tuesday. "Not surprisingly, clients 1 through 8 were Charlie Sheen," NBC's "Late Night" host Conan O'Brien cracked.

On CBS' "Late Show," Letterman told his studio audience that it was a beautiful day in New York.

"It's so sunny and bright outside that earlier today, Eliot Spitzer came out of a brothel squinting," he said.

After his monologue, Letterman turned serious, however. He condemned Spitzer and said the governor should have already resigned.

"Get out of the office," he said. "Who is running the state, for the love of God? We got stuff going on here. We are the Empire State and right now, the empire is being crippled because this guy got a jones for professional babes."

Across the country, Jay Leno of NBC's "The Tonight Show" peppered Spitzer with seven jokes. "The real ironic thing about this case?" he said. "Today the hooker said that Spitzer was done in a New York minute."

Politics is the only profession where the wife of a man caught with a prostitute has to stand by his side, Leno said.

"If this guy was a plumber ... he would have his wife's SUV tire tracks over his head," he said.

On Comedy Central's "The Daily Show," Jon Stewart mocked media excitement over the case, appearing with a knife, fork and huge bib with Spitzer's picture. His colleague, Samantha Bee, did a skit on how politicians always seem to bring their spouses to news conferences admitting personal wrongdoing.

"You know, if there's one business event your spouse should probably be excused from, it's the one where you explain how you've betrayed them," Bee said. "I mean, what does someone wear for that?"

It's ready-made topical humor for the late-night hosts, said Vince Averill, a stand-up comic who just taped an episode of Comedy Central's "Live at Gotham."

But he, like Landry, wondered whether the story would last long enough for comics to make it a big part of their act and whether Spitzer is known well enough throughout the country.

"He wasn't such a popular figure that people are going to want to keep talking about this," said Landry, a frequent performer at New York's Comic Strip Live.

For the second day in a row, Spitzer was the topic of Letterman's top-10 list. This time, it was "messages left on Eliot Spitzer's answering machine."

No. 1: "It's Arnold Schwarzenegger. Thanks. I'm no longer America's creepiest governor."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/...aPwPLeBCms0NUE
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

FW, ADKoT, VH1, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Blood & Fire, ATBL
    Last Online

01.06.13 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhenPushComesToMud View Post
    I don’t post often but I thought that I might put my two cents in. This guy built his entire career on his moral judgment of others. “Judge not that you be not judged, for with what judgement you judge, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you”. What a great circumstance to define and illuminate this great quote.
    Or how 'bout that one from the Bible..."Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". How does an ENTIRE society full of "sinners" have a right to judge this guy?!? Like I said, don't act so surprised. Prostitution is the world's oldest profession...someone out there is keeping them in business. And for 5K a pop, I'd say business is pretty good.
    "The music of Van Halen is vital."-David Lee Roth-1978

VH Shows....
    10-22-1988 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    10-15-1991 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    10-16-1991 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    04-28-1995 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    05-24-1998 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    09-09-2004 - Tampa Forum - Tampa, FL
    02-14-2008 - Amway Arena - Orlando, FL
    05-09-2008 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ
    04-12-2012 - Amway Center - Orlando, FL

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Or how 'bout that one from the Bible..."Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". How does an ENTIRE society full of "sinners" have a right to judge this guy?!? Like I said, don't act so surprised. Prostitution is the world's oldest profession...someone out there is keeping them in business. And for 5K a pop, I'd say business is pretty good.
    The point is he was the one that judged first, he cast the first stone. If he had not built his career on bringing down the "morally corrupt" he might not be judged as harshly. The judgment passed on him is less about his involvement with a prostitute then it is his hypocrisy concerning prostitution. No one cared that Charlie Sheen was involved in prostitution because he didn’t go around preaching his purity and condemning others involved in conduct he felt to be “morally corrupt” but that is exactly what Spitzer has done and that is why people are glad to see him fall.

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhenPushComesToMud View Post
    The point is he was the one that judged first, he cast the first stone. If he had not built his career on bringing down the "morally corrupt" he might not be judged as harshly. The judgment passed on him is less about his involvement with a prostitute then it is his hypocrisy concerning prostitution. No one cared that Charlie Sheen was involved in prostitution because he didn’t go around preaching his purity and condemning others involved in conduct he felt to be “morally corrupt” but that is exactly what Spitzer has done and that is why people are glad to see him fall.
    Great point!