09.07.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Default Ed at Namm the whole show

Somebody just uploaded the whole show

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If he wasn't such a great guitar player, nobody would like him or put up with this kind of behavior.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Pretty cool. I don't think he was behaving badly at all, but that's just me. Anyways, I'll save you guys all the trouble and post all the vids in one spot. Thanks to whomever posted these by the way!

"It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece View Post
    Pretty cool. I don't think he was behaving badly at all, but that's just me.
    I don't think he was behaving badly as far as spitting at the crowd or cussing anyone out, rather, he was just being outright arrogant and acting like a drunk. If the average Joe would have acted like this, everyone would have bailed out of the room. They only tolerated it because he is Eddie Van Halen.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    I don't think he was behaving badly as far as spitting at the crowd or cussing anyone out, rather, he was just being outright arrogant and acting like a drunk. If the average Joe would have acted like this, everyone would have bailed out of the room. They only tolerated it because he is Eddie Van Halen.
    Just looked like Eddie Van Halen being Eddie Van Halen to me. Not too often that ya get to watch your hero on stage goofin around and playin some mean geetar. Wish I could have been there.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    The average joe isn't on stage at NAMM.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It amazes me how much Eddie dropped off after the VH3 tour.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Jesus.....he cant even take a compliment half the time.

"It's working!"

"No it isn't. You ain't seen me when it's working."

Fuck....just say 'thanks', Ed.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

"I stop at the gas station. People ask me, 'How come you ain't doin nothing?'...Just because I haven't put anything out doesn't mean I ain't doing nothing. I wrote a movie, a sitcom, wrote the music for it. I've got enough material for....five records. It's just a matter of......I've got so much shit going on....haven't had time to put it out."

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 2,210 Times in 1,114 Posts

Premium Member

The thing that strikes me is that even then he comes across as scatterbrained. His playing isn't necessary sloppy, just all over the place to the point of incoherence. I can't imagine what it's like trying to keep him focused to write one song. It's no wonder they could only muster 2 or 3 songs the last outings.

He seems to use the toggle switches, D-tuna, knobs, floyd rose, and amp as a sort of crutch when he loses his place. It's like he'll mess with everything to make sure he gets those screeching noises just right. I don't get it. It's weird because you can see flashes of brilliance every so often, like there's a reborn guitar hero just waiting to come out, but he's impeded.

When he says at the start of the video: "It's vodka," he meant it as a joke (I hope). However, when I saw him drinking the water, that was my first guess before he even said anything. It's sad really. He must have so much stuff rolling through his brain at any one time the only way to slow it down is to self-medicate as they say.

As I type this, there is an ad for an "Eddie work shirt" from the balance era in the margin. When you look at the way he acted and played then compared to this video, it's a complete drop off. It really is a shame because as more time passes, the more I believe he did irreparable damage to himself and the Eddie we knew is gone for good.

I love listening to Eddie on record, but this playing spectacle is embarrassing. Compare this video to any other guitarist at NAMM where they just get up there, play for about 5-10 minutes just wailing, then give their regards. Ed gets up there, acts like he has no idea what he's up there to do, then barfs up on the fret board.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Is this the company that GETS IT? What were they called....PEEVEE? Something like that?

Either fucking way....I'd still wait all day and all night to see Ed sit and talk candidly like that as well as play!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    The thing that strikes me is that even then he comes across as scatterbrained. His playing isn't necessary sloppy, just all over the place to the point of incoherence. I can't imagine what it's like trying to keep him focused to write one song. It's no wonder they could only muster 2 or 3 songs the last outings.

He seems to use the toggle switches, D-tuna, knobs, floyd rose, and amp as a sort of crutch when he loses his place. It's like he'll mess with everything to make sure he gets those screeching noises just right. I don't get it. It's weird because you can see flashes of brilliance every so often, like there's a reborn guitar hero just waiting to come out, but he's impeded.

When he says at the start of the video: "It's vodka," he meant it as a joke (I hope). However, when I saw him drinking the water, that was my first guess before he even said anything. It's sad really. He must have so much stuff rolling through his brain at any one time the only way to slow it down is to self-medicate as they say.

As I type this, there is an ad for an "Eddie work shirt" from the balance era in the margin. When you look at the way he acted and played then compared to this video, it's a complete drop off. It really is a shame because as more time passes, the more I believe he did irreparable damage to himself and the Eddie we knew is gone for good.

I love listening to Eddie on record, but this playing spectacle is embarrassing. Compare this video to any other guitarist at NAMM where they just get up there, play for about 5-10 minutes just wailing, then give their regards. Ed gets up there, acts like he has no idea what he's up there to do, then barfs up on the fret board.
    WOW. What a post

Ed says he's always working on new shit...yet in Part 3....he plays riffs that I have heard constantly since the 2004 Tour.....like....their the EXACT same riffs.

"I've written so much stuff I can't think"....you don't need to think...just fucking rip it up.

also play this beside the 2007 NAMM performance...not much difference.
    Last edited by MF5150; 03.10.08 at 08:18 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 2,066 Times in 670 Posts

Thanks for posting!
    Pure Eddie!

Loved it.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Blood & Fire
    Last Online

03.13.13 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    WOW. What a post

Ed says he's always working on new shit...yet in Part 3....he plays riffs that I have heard constantly since the 2004 Tour.....like....their the EXACT same riffs.

"I've written so much stuff I can't think"....you don't need to think...just fucking rip it up.

also play this beside the 2007 NAMM performance...not much difference.

I only heard Mean Street intro cuz somebody yelled "Mean Street!" Other than that I heard all new with flashes of brilliance. yeah it's messy but still there. He just needs to sober the fuck up.
    If eddie were down and out on a sidewalk playing guitar I'd be next to him with a bottle and a blanky braving the cold. I would be sucking my thumb happily making chupa chupa noises in sync with the petroglyphic sounds that came from the mighty finger tips of Edward Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vistadelrey View Post
    I only heard Mean Street intro cuz somebody yelled "Mean Street!" Other than that I heard all new with flashes of brilliance. yeah it's messy but still there. He just needs to sober the fuck up.
    Listen to some of Ed's solos from 2004. Some of the riffs he played in this NAMM video are played almost in every Ed solo from 2004.