Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Default Sammy: "Without Al, Ed would be dead."

Sam gave a really cool interview in the latest issue of REVOLVER. He's interviewed by the singer from "All That Remains." There are quite a few VH stories, including Sammy commenting on the current VH tour (specifically the "Jump" screw up he apparently saw on youtube).

But the most interesting line is this one: "Without Al, Ed would be dead. Al is Ed's savior and I love him for that."

There are quite a few other VH anecdotes in the interview.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Let me handle this......

"HEY FUCK YOU SAMMY.....YOU ARE COMMENTING ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!! GO SELL YOUR TEQUILA!!! DAVE IS BACK IN THE BAND NOW!! STFU, RONALD MCDONALD!!?"

There......I've done all the work for the Rothtards. You're welcome.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Well that should save a few posts (hopefully but probably not).
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Unfortunately LL your good work will go to waste, because some can't handle themselves when Sammy answers VH-related questions, they need to inject their anti-Sam verbal diarrhea.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    Let me handle this......

"HEY FUCK YOU SAMMY.....YOU ARE COMMENTING ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!! GO SELL YOUR TEQUILA!!! DAVE IS BACK IN THE BAND NOW!! STFU, RONALD MCDONALD!!?"

There......I've done all the work for the Rothtards. You're welcome.
    Yup, that about sums it up and I do thank you.

Seriously, who really cares or gives one flying fuck anymore? This is a reason I rarely post anymore cos I think we've all about covered it, no? My apologies to those certain people who don't nor will never feel their lives are complete unless they make a million posts prior to being put in the old folks home. Certain webbies, mods and admins are excluded of course. I think the majority of us have now finally received some sort of closure in one way or another? Then again, as long as you decided to bring it up, I'll show off my inferior writing skills whilst also subliminally showing the younger folks the dangers of what self-inflicted diminished braincells does when one gets older.

So... Read on...

Being a "Dave or the Graver" or a "Rothtard" etc, I couldn't be happier that he (DLR) brought himself back to the status of which he's always deserved. Sure, he's fucked up over the years (haven't we all in one form or another?) but he's rocked the fuck out of this current tour and has come off on top. IMHO

I mean and just think about it? VH started the tour in October of 2007 and came off as the THIRD highest grossing act of the same year!!! Kinda kewl for us VH fans, no?

As for Sammy Hagar... Yes, it's time for him to STFU regarding his stint within that band. He had his 2004 tour along with whatever other ventures i.e. his poor selling (sorry folks but I'm in the wine and spirit distribution business and it's not included within one of the top tens in both the taste nor sales categories. Nor has it been in over a decade. Well, if any of you have tasted it, you'd know why. ) tequila, attending the RNRHOF with the only other person NOT in the band's lineup to both accept and speak for the band regarding the induction "award" on Van Halen's behalf. Shit, watching that was hilarious and made me laugh just for the simple fact that both members of the "Other Half" were just hoping Dave could save them on that stage, ironically as they'd stated numerous times over the years that Dave would be camped on the same stage to get any form of attention. Well, guess who had the last laugh? I'm not sorry for saying this but witnessing the two of them performing was almost as entertaining (just like their "band" both ironically and conveniently named the "Other Half") as watching a second coat of paint drying. Again, that's a fact. I will not even go down said road regarding MA's cover band of old VH classics with him on lead vox whilst a few of you beloved folks ripped od Dave for doing EXACLY the same thing for years... Regardless of the fact that Mr. Roth wrote those friggin' songs whereas Mr. Anthony did not.

Not to sound like a broken record but I truly believe that ALL of us "fans" have gotten our just desserts in one form or another. Meaning, this tour was epic for us fans of Van Halen just as the prior one semed to satisfy the Sammy Hagar peeps, no?

The fact finally punched me a few months ago after witnessing them live. It was beautiful, Dave reclaimed the throne, Wolfie kicked ass, Al was epic and Edward did great. However, we're all older than we'd wish to believe so pack your shit folks cos this 'tis it...

With downloading, American Idol and all of the other ways the music industry works nowadays, making a new album's just not profitable nor worth the time for these guys. Sad but true.

So, I'll just take it for what it's worth just like Buffalo Springfield did. lol

As I relax though, I can now fully relax whilst knowing that both Van Halen and Van Hagar will never mix. Sammy Hagar's never going to get his wish of a tour with both. This current tour (excluding EVH as of late) put the final nail in said coffin regarding what's VAN HALEN and what is not.

Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow.
    Last edited by MAX; 03.09.08 at 01:45 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Unfortunately LL your good work will go to waste, because some can't handle themselves when Sammy answers VH-related questions, they need to inject their anti-Sam verbal diarrhea.

K and bring a COSTCO sized shit ticket package cos I just finished a wagner power blaster and the Hersheyest of squirts regarding the diarrhea (cha-cha-cha) anti-Sam verbage.

However, I truly did like my post.
    Last edited by MAX; 03.09.08 at 01:47 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Max, come on. Do you really need to do more to convince us Rothtards are stupid?

Sam's givin kudos to Al for saving Ed's ass, time and again.

Let me explain somethin: if Ed was dead, there would be no tour with Roth in 07, comprendo?

So me thinks you do agree (hehehe...) with Sammy, for once? I mean he's not making a highly controversial point, even Val said the same thing in her book.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Max, come on. Do you really need to do more to convince us Rothtards are stupid?

Sam's givin kudos to Al for saving Ed's ass, time and again.

Let me explain somethin: if Ed was dead, there would be no tour with Roth in 07, comprendo?

So me thinks you do agree (hehehe...) with Sammy, for once? I mean he's not making a highly controversial point, even Val said the same thing in her book.
    "Rothtards" are "stupid?" Maybe? Fuck, I'm more than happy to admit that I'm not nor have ever been the sharpest knife in the drawer. Seriously, I'll be the first to admit that I fried a few too many braincells and had a cupla concussions whilst playing football and partying as a kid.

My point 'tis, what's the fuckin' point anymore? Seriously and at the end of the day, I don't think ANY of us truly despises, hates nor wishes anyone any harm off the boards? I mean and yeah, there are a cupla dudes I'd truly punch in the mouth if I met them in person (nobody here btw) but come on?

I don't even know shit about Val's book? I work too much.

When all's said and done, I really don't care about Sammy Hagar at all. It's just I've always been very passionate about Van Halen and Sammy Hagar's never been included, IMO.

Just like religion or politics, nobody's ever going to change my mind.

I do love to debate though and have both met and made a good number of friendships within this community doing just that... Telling one another to "fuck off" and then talking about it later. lol

I mean, I used to think you were one of the biggest dicks around until we both chilled and just calmed down. Now you're one of the tops and I enjoy your posts even both when and if I disagree, you know?
    Last edited by MAX; 03.09.08 at 03:00 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Main = Wasteland.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Sam gave a really cool interview in the latest issue of REVOLVER. He's interviewed by the singer from "All That Remains." There are quite a few VH stories, including Sammy commenting on the current VH tour (specifically the "Jump" screw up he apparently saw on youtube).

But the most interesting line is this one: "Without Al, Ed would be dead. Al is Ed's savior and I love him for that."

There are quite a few other VH anecdotes in the interview.
    Can someone please give us a link to this interview.
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Exactly. I wonder if he is supposed to say something like "Hey, no VH questions because the Roth fans will be upset if I answer them". Very nice compliment to Al and I'm sure it is an honest, heartfelt observation. I believe everyone closely associated with Ed have tried to get him on the path to sobriety. No one wants to see him kill himself, least of all his brother.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,292 Times in 3,165 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

sammy wouldn't be shit without the brothers so he just needs to be grateful for the experience. Fun while it lasted now he should turn the page.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.17.15 @ 11:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In Val's book how does she talk about Al? I've always questioned this common belief of 'thank god for Al.'

You always hear positive things from Sammy. You have to take DLR's interviews with a grain of salt, but in most of them he portrays Al as a good guy, but as more of a follower, a guy who knows where his dinner hangs.

Does it come down to Al having his act together, or just that he is a happy mess of an addict versus Ed who is a surly mess of an addict? It's hard to take being around someone high as a kite every day- especially if you have choice, and Al's money buys him choice - unless you are too.

He's definitely been an enabler and an accomplice allowing himself to be the daily alibi with this 10 albums worth of material business....basically all the phony productivity that is just a cover for not admitting to people you spent the last 10 years mostly staring at the wall in a stupor.

On Fire
    Last Online

07.22.11 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by So Hard Done by View Post
    You always hear positive things from Sammy. You have to take DLR's interviews with a grain of salt, but in most of them he portrays Al as a good guy, but as more of a follower, a guy who knows where his dinner hangs.
    You cant take sammys interviews 100% either....the guys not a saint...he just portrays himself better in the media...something Van halen could learn..people seem to treat his word like gospel here...

im interested about the Al stuff too....I would say he has intervened at times...but why didnt he stop ed in 2004???

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by So Hard Done by View Post
    In Val's book how does she talk about Al? I've always questioned this common belief of 'thank god for Al.'

Does it come down to Al having his act together, or just that he is a happy mess of an addict versus Ed who is a surly mess of an addict? It's hard to take being around someone high as a kite every day- especially if you have choice, and Al's money buys him choice - unless you are too.

He's definitely been an enabler and an accomplice allowing himself to be the daily alibi with this 10 albums worth of material business....basically all the phony productivity that is just a cover for not admitting to people you spent the last 10 years mostly staring at the wall in a stupor.
    she does talk a little about Al, mostly that he IS the reason Ed is alive, not a quote but reading the book you get the point. Al arranged most of Ed's interventions. He would call Val and set it up. I'm sure there was more to it than that, she didn't "tell all" but it's clear Al is Ed's voice of reason when he gets too close to the edge...
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*