Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:13 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default Getting back into VHIII again

I just put that cd back in play in my truck yesterday, and listened to it quite loud all the way through and I must say that that is really a very good sounding album.
    Listen to Ed's playing and such and he and Gary played well together.

To me that album is like every other VH album, super.
    VH is like one supergroup rolled no matter which incarnation they are.
    You always have had a dynamic singer: Dave was not the greatest singer, but a great showman, Sammy was a great singer and a great showman, Gary is a great singer but a more theatrical showman.
    Of course they have had one of the greatest guitarists in the history of rock and roll.
    One of the greatest drummers as well.
    Bass is almost a given whether its Mike, Jason Newsted, Flea or others. But Mike's harmonies are super.

So CVH was a supergroup,
    Van Hagar was a supergroup,
    and VH III was a supergroup.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,325 Times in 3,179 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I agree. People either love it or hate it. to me the best song is year to the day.

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some of the songs still sound ill-produced to me, some songs sound even better now. However, the VH3 live show was hands down the best rock and roll band I've seen on stage in years. Maybe some doesn't feel that it was Van Halen, but it was still a damn fine rock band. I didn't always care for Cherone antics, but he's the best singer that's ever been in the band - not the best front man, best singer.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,480 Times in 902 Posts

I liked the way the songs sounded live. So much better and more raw. I would have love to have heard some of the followup album that was never finished.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I liked the way the songs sounded live. So much better and more raw. I would have love to have heard some of the followup album that was never finished.
    I did get to talk to Gary a couple of times after he left VH and he had not one bad thing to say about anyone. He mentioned briefly on how good that next album was going to be and he was heart broken that things just didn't work out, there were only 5 songs that were actually completed and another 6 or 7 that still had work to be done.
    But that those songs were in the more traditional VH style and sounded like a blend of the Dave and Sammy eras.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Lancashire(Preston and Manchester), England...the ORIGINAL, NOT 'New England'
    Favorite VH Album

VH 3 and 5150
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen 3 is my favourite Van Halen album. Yes, I know that statement may well get me ripped to pieces but I am willing to stand up and be counted as one of the few (only) Van Halen fans that puts the album in the top slot. Hence why I am proud to wear my sig below.

When I first heard the album I am the first to admit it seemed somehow disjointed, almost like Eddie had become a little lost in what he actually wanted. However, unlike many fans I decided to wait and allow the album to grow on me by giving it time and plenty of listening hours. Over time I have found it to be the one Van Halen album which improves with every listen. For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (for me) gets worse with each listen (except 'Right Now'). Van Halen 3 has incredible depth, the riffs are phenomenol, the vocals raw and raspy (Without You) as well as soaring and angelic (A Year To The Day), to my ears it was the first Van Halen album in which Eddie became vocally noticeable - not because of 'How Many Say I' but through his backing vocals on songs like 'One I Want'. Some people may consider that a bad thing

But as anyone and everyone that has ever been a lover of Van Halen 3 will state over and over again Van Halen 3 turns from a good album into an AMAZING album when you hear the songs LIVE. Just listen to 'One I Want' on a good bootleg...it just blows you away. Eddie has NEVER been as good as he was in 1998. FACT.

Thanks to a very kind Hammer Guy I have recently got my hands on the soundboard bootleg of the 3 tour in Pitsburgh. Amazing. Van Halen 3 is a valuable part of this band and the very fact that its existance now seems to be denied by Eddie (and strangely many fans) is testament to Eddies instability these days.

Join the '3 Brigade' - show your support! Wear the sig! A Cherone future would have been much better than this mess we are left with now My advice to any 3 haters is this....we may be entering a new era of silence on the VH front so its time for you to stop using that Van Halen 3 CD as a coaster and put it in your CD player...and press play!
    Last edited by YO!Edward; 03.08.08 at 02:01 PM.
    'The whole world is watching you tonight!'

Official VHLinks Van Halen 3 fan.

'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig!

Recognise VH3 for what it was! - A fantastic third incarnation of the greatest band of all time!

YO!Edward and Mishar McLeud - founding members of the III Brigade.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

One I Want = Top 5 Van Halen Song.

Everything Else = Meh...
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

06.14.08 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Van Hailstorm" on Sirius radio played the Cherone version of Mean Street the other night. It sounded incredible.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

See attachment.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

First, following Sam and Dave is a proposition almost destined to fail. I am not sure anyone could have really pulled it off - even Mitch Malloy.

Second, there was not a strong producer/manager around to tell EVH to throw HMSI in the garbage.

Third, the album kind of came out at a bad time - spring, 1998.

Fourth, I liked some tracks. My favorites are Once (many will disagree), Dirty Water Dog, and Without You.

Finally, eventhough III sold poorly and I do like the 2004 and 2007 tours, I think EVH might be a happier guy if he told Warner to F off and that he was going to make the follow-up album the way he wanted it. But with Ray D and the corporate music machine, it was not to be.
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

What the hell is in the water today?

First we have people choosing Wolf over Mike in a poll, now we have people calling III a super album equal to all other VH albums and even.....*gulp*.....the best VH album? And one of it's songs is in the VH Top 5?

No personal offense to any of you because you're all entitled to your opinions, but my god....what the hell is going on around here today?
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Baseball Season!
    Favorite VH Album

VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    What the hell is in the water today?

First we have people choosing Wolf over Mike in a poll, now we have people calling III a super album equal to all other VH albums and even.....*gulp*.....the best VH album? And one of it's songs is in the VH Top 5?

No personal offense to any of you because you're all entitled to your opinions, but my god....what the hell is going on around here today?
    I actually think people are baiting Van Squalen trying to get him banned again.
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

"Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

"He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

I never said that I would choose III over any other album. I am not sure anyonelse is saying the same thing. There is an argument that III is getting sold a bit short.
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

If I had to choose between OU812 and VH III to be the only VH albums I could have on a deserted island I'd choose VH III, but that might be the only VH album I'd take III over. Maybe Diver Down, maybe.

Last Online

04.24.10 @ 08:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I seem to like it the more I listen to it, and I didn't hate it to start with. It does seem to me that it may have started out as an Eddie solo project, but morphed into a full VH project as time went on. But either way, it is now a Van Halen release. No one can argue it, they may not like it, but no one can deny it belongs on the same level as every other Van Halen release.