Favorite VH Album

I, II, FW, 1984 W/Sam: Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Any CVH
    Last Online

05.01.12 @ 07:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Vote Mike or Wolf

OK this is intended to kill a little downtime while VH takes a break (or ends the tour). I just realized we never really took a poll on Mike vs. Wolfie. We argued the point over the last few months until the horse was completely dead...so maybe we'll try to keep the arguing to a minimum and just vote (yeah right).

At this point most of us have seen what Wolf brought to the table, was it a positive or a negative, let's hear it.

It is an election year and I wanna see the stats...I'm curious

I also need to know the size of Anthony's Army.

IMO Mike's a very cool/ likable guy, and provided a critical sound to all VH records but Wolf brought some cool elements too. I vote for Wolf just because it seemed to make Ed happy to get back out there, and seemed to get him thinking in a positive light about having Dave back on board.
    "...And then our children will form a family band, and we will tour the countryside and YOU WON'T BE INVITED!" ~ Ron Burgundy
    ---------------------------------------------------

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dont know the whole truth about what went on between Mike and the band. And unless you were there, you dont either. All I know is there is enough bad blood for Mike not to be in the reunion tour. Would the tour have happened without Wolf? Dont know that either.
    Saw the band in Philly in Oct and gonna see em again in Hershey (I hope), and Wolf held his own. He was humble. No showboating. He even turned his back on Mike famous intro to "Runnin With the Devil". That tells me the kids got respect and class.
    Sure, as a fan, I miss Mike. But Wolf did breath new life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Seriously bro, is this really a question that needs asking....Wolf or Mike?

Something tells me this thread dies I quick and painless death before all the nonsense starts.
    Last edited by Double Down; 03.08.08 at 05:57 AM.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Michael Anthony. He's a founding member and deserved to be there. It was a foolish decision to not include him for a nostalgia tour.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

While I am a huge MA fan, and dont agree with the mannger it was all done, I would have to vote for Wolf in this instance. Not because I think he is any better a bass player than MA, but because of the effect he has had on Ed. I really dont believe this tour would of happened if it were not for him. I see Ed as a very fragile creature, and anyone that can help stabalize those forces will get props from me.
    Maybe its a selfish perspective .................. however I think its the best chance of having Ed around for a long time. (And maybe even some new music!?!?)

Favorite VH Album

ALL SIX!!!
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 08:40 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IslandBoy View Post
    While I am a huge MA fan, and dont agree with the manner it was all done, I would have to vote for Wolf in this instance. Not because I think he is any better a bass player than MA, but because of the effect he has had on Ed. I really dont believe this tour would of happened if it were not for him. I see Ed as a very fragile creature, and anyone that can help stabalize those forces will get props from me.
    Maybe its a selfish perspective .................. however I think its the best chance of having Ed around for a long time. (And maybe even some new music!?!?)
    Very nicely put.

At this point, the question posed shouldn't be looked upon as a talent competition. From a human standpoint, the answer is obvious.

Baseball Season!
    Favorite VH Album

VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nothing against Wolfie, but I can't believe this is even a serious question. 11 albums of new material (if you count 3), thousands of live shows and nearly 30 years with the band vs. no new albums, 30+ shows and 7 or 8 months with the band???

Maybe we can start a Brett Favre vs. Aaron Rodgers thread?

I hope Van Squalen can stay out of here or he'll be locked up again.
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

"Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

"He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pip-VH-Lifer View Post
    OK this is intended to kill a little downtime while VH takes a break (or ends the tour). I just realized we never really took a poll on Mike vs. Wolfie. We argued the point over the last few months until the horse was completely dead...so maybe we'll try to keep the arguing to a minimum and just vote (yeah right).

At this point most of us have seen what Wolf brought to the table, was it a positive or a negative, let's hear it.

It is an election year and I wanna see the stats...I'm curious

I also need to know the size of Anthony's Army.

IMO Mike's a very cool/ likable guy, and provided a critical sound to all VH records but Wolf brought some cool elements too. I vote for Wolf just because it seemed to make Ed happy to get back out there, and seemed to get him thinking in a positive light about having Dave back on board.
    Pip, I know you're respectable in your jokes towards me and others. And I'm cool with that.

But this thread is just plain fucking stupid. Yeah I know...it's because I'm in Anthony's Army...that's the only reason I prefer Mike in VH.

Mike's a very cool/ likable guy, and provided a critical sound to all VH records but Wolf brought some cool elements too.
    What elements did Wolf bring to all VH records? Maybe you should try rephrasing that a little.

I'm almost starting to wish that this fucking 2007 Tour didn't happen. So then ,maybe, we wouldn't have questions like this being posed.

And all the people (trolls) that joined this site would still be awaiting the almighty blessed Roth's return while sitting on their collective asses.

I'm sorry Pip...but I really don't have to give a response on who I prefer better...and quite frankly...any person who considers themselves a VH fan shouldn't have to either.

If you have any sense....you'd know who to pick.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Going with Mike. As much as I enjoyed seeing Wolfie and Ed on stage together, along with thinking Wolf is really holding his own...I miss Mike's presence. Think Wolfie should be in a band closer to his own age group. jmho

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where's Pumpkinhead when you need him?

Baseball Season!
    Favorite VH Album

VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    Where's Pumpkinhead when you need him?
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

"Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

"He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Any CVH
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Pip, I know you're respectable in your jokes towards me and others. And I'm cool with that.

But this thread is just plain fucking stupid. Yeah I know...it's because I'm in Anthony's Army...that's the only reason I prefer Mike in VH.

What elements did Wolf bring to all VH records? Maybe you should try rephrasing that a little.
    Sorry the phrasing is a little off. I was a little lazy this morning, and didn't put a lot of effort into my thoughts and typing . I didn't really feel like re-hashing the whole thing, I just wanted to post the poll.

Mitch, actually I can understand people voting for Mike. In fact I wasn't 100% sure about my vote. As I've said before, I just haven't been able to understand the bitterness about it. Some of you get pretty worked up about it.
    Last edited by Pip-VH-Lifer; 03.08.08 at 08:43 AM.
    "...And then our children will form a family band, and we will tour the countryside and YOU WON'T BE INVITED!" ~ Ron Burgundy

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pip-VH-Lifer View Post
    Sorry the phrasing is a little off. I was a little lazy this morning. I didn't really feel like re-hashing the whole thing, I just wanted to post the poll.

Mitch, actually I can understand people voting for Mike. In fact I wasn't 100% sure about my vote. I just haven't understood the bitterness about it. Some of you get pretty worked up about it.
    I'm glad you can understand why some people would choose a member that has been in the band for 30 years over a 16 year old kid that's in the band for one reason and one reason only...his name. I'm glad I really am.

But...I'm the leader of Anthony's Tug Boat Navy Extravaganza....what do I know
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Any CVH
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    I'm glad you can understand why some people would choose a member that has been in the band for 30 years over a 16 year old kid that's in the band for one reason and one reason only...his name. I'm glad I really am.

But...I'm the leader of Anthony's Tug Boat Navy Extravaganza....what do I know
    delete

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how can anyone vote for wolf here?

are you all mentally damaged?

seriously, great kid, plays bass (sure vh bass lines aren't exactly difficult) but damn, are all of you fucking insane?

it's a fucking 16 year old playing with 60 year olds!!!!

fucking humanity ...