Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts

Default Need a latching footswitch

or a few, actually for my Rockman Stereo chorus. I want something good that preferably doesn't need a battery to run.

Any recommendations?

Also need a new footswitch for my 5150 212 combo. Don't want to get another peavey one as they are cheaply made. Again, any suggestions?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.17.08 @ 07:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Ideas

Hi there, are you handy with a soldering iron? If you are or fancy experimenting, why not build your own? This is an easy task and you will have a great time doing it.

I like pedal parts plus, they have great prices and services. This switch should work for you:
    http://pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/mercha...egory_Code=SWI

They sell enclosures also and paint and drill them. If you decide to build a footswitch for the 5150, do a photo esay and share it with the guys here that have that amp and might want to do the same.

You can also add LED's with very little effort. Good luck and be careful you might get the electronics bug.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

I don't have the first clue how to use a soldering iron. So, that being the case, can anyone recommend a good latching footswitch that does not require batteries to operate?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All switches require some form of termination. Soldering is really quite easy if you take your time. If I remember correctly, there is no need for a battery in a 5150 footswitch. What exactly are you trying to build? I can also suggest aron nelsons stompbox forum, many there can offer help. I may be able to assist you if I can understand what you need done.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Thanks for the assist. I may check out that forum.

I'm really not looking to build anything if I can help it.

My needs are pretty simple though

I have a Rockman Stereo chorus. It has three or four 1/4" outputs for different footswitchable options, the most important to me being bypass.

So I just need a footswitch to switch it from bypass to active mode essentially. I know the Boss ones will work, but they need a battery and that could get expensive if I have to keep changing them.

So what i was asking is if someone knew of a premade latching footswitch that worked with the Rockman that is good and does not need batteries.

You are correct regarding the 5150 amp switch not needing a battery. I need one of those too, but that's not as much of an issue to find.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Boss FS-5L type switches do not take a battery. So that may be a good choice.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Actually, everything I have read about the boss says it DOES take a battery and that is one of the things people have complained about in reviews (That and there is no adapter outlet

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did some research and I found out they take AA batts. Thats strange because i used one for years and never changed them. I can build you a footswitch if you like and have several other builders I can refer you to as well. Or just buy a small enclosure from pedalpartsplus.com and a mono jack and a switch. This would be a fun project for you. Just drill the holes and install the switch and jack and solder them up or have someone help you out with it.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Weird. Maybe the batteries are for the LED only? I was led to believe the whole thing runs on batteries though.

I may take you up on the building offer if I can't find one. I am going to my local music store tonight to try some. What would you charge? You can PM me on this if you like.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Well, it seems the batteries ARE for the LED only. It actually says that in the packaging for the Boss switches, but nowhere does it say that in the advertising. I've even read reviews where people were worried it would die onstage if the batteries went.

Well, I tested one yesterday without the batteries in it and it worked just fine.

Still need to get a footswitch for my 5150 combo. Tried to get a 2-button one from the store and it didn't work right.

Anyone have any experience with those voodooman switches you see on ebay?