Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Default Hey Van Halen! Read this before you get back out there!

Whoever reads here and passes stuff on to the bands reps, pass this on:

How about you give a bonus to the folks that had their shows re-scheduled. Throw in an extra song or two.

Light Up the Sky maybe? I understand you rehearsed that one pre-tour.

I won't be at the shows, but seems like a nice recognition for some inconvenience of those that will be there.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post

How about you give a bonus to the folks that had their shows re-scheduled. Throw in an extra song or two.

I won't be at the shows, but seems like a nice recognition for some inconvenience of those that will be there.
    Uhmmmm yea that's what they will do.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that someones personal issues and recovery are an inconvenience.
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h*bunter View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that someones personal issues and recovery are an inconvenience.
    Now, hold up there. We're not placing the blame on Ed here.

Remember now, the band had a week and a half off of touring. If Ed's been in rehabilitation since the start of that touring break, why did Van Halen Management drag their feet and wait until THE DAY BEFORE everyone's shows were supposed to be held, only to tell everyone THE DAY OF that the show (and several others) have been cancelled.

It was an irresponsible move by VH Management because people made travel plans and hotel reservations, and had taken days off of work to see the band live. By the time they announced cancellation, I'm sure many people were already in a vacation spot they didn't even need to be at, and made all those plans for nothing.

The band does owe those fans SOMETHING, even if it's a free souvenir or a freshly added song or two. Knowing Van Halen, they won't give the fans squat. That is to say, if more dates aren't cancelled...
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah!!! LEAVE EDDIE ALONE!!!!

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

SO ITS OFFICIAL , ED FELL OFF THE WAGON . CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM THIS . IT CANT BE ANYTHING ELSE.
    they hate if your the same , and they hate you if your different- evh

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Just won't let it go, eh?
    It's funny...there are those on this site that complain of a feeling of "entitlement" governing the need to have access to the personal lives of celebrities by those that follow them, in this case Ed Van Halen. Personally, I think the concept is a load of horseshit, only the total zealot needs to know every last detail regarding some-one's life off of/outside the stage, screen or sporting facility.

Yet the blade swings both ways (or at least it would seem that way) with regard to people that feel a need to endlessly trumpet what appear to be far too sympathetic mouthings or gestures in defense of those same celebrities, again in this case EVH. There exists an odd "dysfuntionality" to it, and seriously...it is quite uncomfortable to witness.

Yes h*bunter, we get it: you support Ed Van Halen. But please, and this may sound surprising to you (when it wouldn't if you'd take a breath and try seeing things clearly), yet people were inconvenienced, through a direct result of your celebrity's own actions. Who bears responsibility for this? HE DOES. No amount of heartfelt best wishes, prayers or strangely self-serving "supportive" threads that you start is going to change the fact that he, Edward Van Halen, is the cause and root of the inconvenience that affected quite literally thousands of hard working people who forked over the cash to see the fellow, not to mention those in his employ.

Look, once again I wish him the best. By "once again" I mean that I've said it so many times over the years by now that the act is getting stale. If the man can not get a viable support group around him, he should not be running around on a stage living a ponderous rock and roll lifestyle in the first place. If getting his life in order is to be treated as such a high priority NOW, then where were those in his immediate circle as this latest sorry story was allowed to develop along the way?

Do me a personal favor here: Lay off with your snide remarks to people about the nature of EVH's "personal issues and recovery". The fact is, his recovery was an issue as well as something he bargained with upon deciding to go ahead with this tour after what appeared to be a month or less in a program to begin with. It's bad enough for people to have to swallow Ed Van Halen's self righteousness and hypocrisy without having you standing around pointing accusatory and bizarrely indignant fingers at them for their trouble.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 03.06.08 at 02:09 PM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:03 AM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

fair warnings
    Favorite VH Song

unchained, little guitars
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NEWS FLASH VAN HALEN INTRUDUSES NEW LEAD SINGER CINDY LAUPER AND ON BASS CAPTIAN LOU ALBANO. HERE'S TO YOUR VAN HALEN IV OR V? LOL.
    Van Halen shows
    July 28, 1980 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    1981 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    December 7, 1982 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    Febuary 9, 1984 Freedom Hall Louisvile KY
    May 22, 1998 Madison Square Garden NYC
    August 15, 1998 Jones Beach LI NY
    June 19, 2004 Worcester Mass
    November 3, 2007 IZOD Center NJ
    November 13, 2007 Madison Square Garden NYC
    May 23, 2008 Madison Square Garden NYC

www.myspace.com/patvh5150

http://www.youtube.com/patvh5150

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pgaugh5150 View Post
    NEWS FLASH VAN HALEN INTRUDUSES NEW LEAD SINGER CINDY LAUPER AND ON BASS CAPTIAN LOU ALBANO. HERE'S TO YOUR VAN HALEN IV OR V? LOL.
    Heh. Nothing like posting that in two different threads
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 03.06.08 at 02:44 PM.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member
    What's with all the shouting?

And now you've gone and done pissed off Chef...

These are dark days here at the links
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Just won't let it go, eh?
    It's funny...there are those on this site that complain of a feeling of "entitlement" governing the need to have access to the personal lives of celebrities by those that follow them, in this case Ed Van Halen. Personally, I think the concept is a load of horseshit, only the total zealot needs to know every last detail regarding some-one's life off of/outside the stage, screen or sporting facility.

Yet the blade swings both ways (or at least it would seem that way) with regard to people that feel a need to endlessly trumpet what appear to be far too sympathetic mouthings or gestures in defense of those same celebrities, again in this case EVH. There exists an odd "dysfuntionality" to it, and seriously...it is quite uncomfortable to witness.

Yes h*bunter, we get it: you support Ed Van Halen. But please, and this may sound surprising to you (when it wouldn't if you'd take a breath and try seeing things clearly), yet people were inconvenienced, through a direct result of your celebrity's own actions. Who bears responsibility for this? HE DOES. No amount of heartfelt best wishes, prayers or strangely self-serving "supportive" threads that you start is going to change the fact that he, Edward Van Halen, is the cause and root of the inconvenience that affected quite literally thousands of hard working people who forked over the cash to see the fellow, not to mention those in his employ.

Look, once again I wish him the best. By "once again" I mean that I've said it so many times over the years by now that the act is getting stale. If the man can not get a viable support group around him, he should not be running around on a stage living a ponderous rock and roll lifestyle in the first place. If getting his life in order is to be treated as such a high priority NOW, then where were those in his immediate circle as this latest sorry story was allowed to develop along the way?

Do me a personal favor here: Lay off with your snide remarks to people about the nature of EVH's "personal issues and recovery". The fact is, his recovery was an issue as well as something he bargained with upon deciding to go ahead with this tour after what appeared to be a month or less in a program to begin with. It's bad enough for people to have to swallow Ed Van Halen's self righteousness and hypocrisy without having you standing around pointing accusatory and bizarrely indignant fingers at them for their trouble.
    I don't quite follow you...please explain in a longer format...
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

04.30.13 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:37 AM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm basically 50/50 on them even showing up, so I am not even thinking about extras. In fact, don't play I'll Wait, that would make me even happier, except I had planned that as the song I go take a piss to.
    Right here I say....