Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight MacMake's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.02.00
    Age
    42
    Location
    Oulu, Finland
    Posts
    106
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    WCTBL
    Last Online

    06.17.17 @ 10:47 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Franky Style Chuck Taylors?

    Where can I find striped (preferrably red, white, black) Chuck Taylors (or any other shoe) for sale?

    There has been couple of striped skateshoes popping up on forum every now and then, but lately I have not seen any...

    ------Mac-----------
    - MacMake -

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk ZeoBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    41
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,830
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Likes
    54
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Most people just make their own. There are a few threads around here on how best to do it.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

    www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

  3. #3
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    02.02.07
    Posts
    110
    Last Online

    10.08.08 @ 09:54 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I bought my red chucks for $20 and then went to a craft store and bought some paint and did it myself. They turned out good and I've worn them to every VH show since the Balance tour.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbug View Post
    I bought my red chucks for $20 and then went to a craft store and bought some paint and did it myself. They turned out good and I've worn them to every VH show since the Balance tour.
    So they get a ton of use, eh?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.23.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    712
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Honestly-
    The EASIEST way to do them is get WHITE Chucks, tape them up(side note: don't go crazy with the tape or they will look lousy), get a can of banner red spray paint (one more note: tape the sides of the shoes up so they won't get painted, as well as the All Star circle on the ankles, and the toes. I recommend taking the time to take the eyelets up as well), do light strokes until your happy, wait about 20-30 minutes, peel the tape off. Now, take some tape and make 2 parallel lines heres and there, to make off an area where you will paint inside for black stripes.Again, don't go crazy with these either, in fact do maybe 3 lines on each side. After hitting the shoes with the paint, peel the tape as well. So the paint is applied, the tape is off, now let them dry a day or two and BAM! You have your Frankie Chucks. Heres mine:




    Easy. Good luck, show 'em when you make them! -Red43j
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Nice job, Red43j! I remember when you were asking for advice about purchasing or making them last year or so.

    What I would recommend however is the use of either red or black shoe laces, so the run off of paint via getting them wet (or simply sweating) would not be so noticeable.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 03.06.08 at 07:22 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  7. #7
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red43j View Post
    Honestly-
    The EASIEST way to do them is get WHITE Chucks, tape them up(side note: don't go crazy with the tape or they will look lousy), get a can of banner red spray paint (one more note: tape the sides of the shoes up so they won't get painted, as well as the All Star circle on the ankles, and the toes. I recommend taking the time to take the eyelets up as well), do light strokes until your happy, wait about 20-30 minutes, peel the tape off. Now, take some tape and make 2 parallel lines heres and there, to make off an area where you will paint inside for black stripes.Again, don't go crazy with these either, in fact do maybe 3 lines on each side. After hitting the shoes with the paint, peel the tape as well. So the paint is applied, the tape is off, now let them dry a day or two and BAM! You have your Frankie Chucks. Heres mine:




    Easy. Good luck, show 'em when you make them! -Red43j

    Those look awesome! But I do agree that red or black laces might help with the look.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  8. #8
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.23.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    712
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Nice job, Red43j! I remember when you were asking for advice about purchasing or making them last year or so.

    What I would recommend however is the use of either red or black shoe laces, so the run off of paint via getting them wet (or simply sweating) would not be so noticeable.
    Trust me, Chef...
    The red laces and black laces look horrible on them. The one shoelace was from rubbing from the paint made on the tongue. If I went out and bought a new set of laces, you'd never know-Red43j
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

  9. #9
    Romeo Delight MacMake's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.02.00
    Age
    42
    Location
    Oulu, Finland
    Posts
    106
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    WCTBL
    Last Online

    06.17.17 @ 10:47 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    With all possible bases for cah grab already secured (+suing all possible copycats), I am wondering:

    why an earth have they not made a licensing deal with Converse?

    Theres also other possibilities, like the Freeskier headphones (that I did not get, becouse of the "fire" in the warehouse)...
    - MacMake -

  10. #10
    Unchained 5150 from the wait's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.01
    Age
    50
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    456
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    07.12.12 @ 01:58 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacMake View Post
    Where can I find striped (preferrably red, white, black) Chuck Taylors (or any other shoe) for sale?

    There has been couple of striped skateshoes popping up on forum every now and then, but lately I have not seen any...

    ------Mac-----------
    there is a guy that makes them online that is where I got mine if you want his email address ill get it to you in a pm Im pretty sure he is still doing them
    "Once believed,Can't ever loose faith."

  11. #11
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    03.05.08
    Location
    Monterey, CA USA
    Posts
    6
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama or Unchained
    Last Online

    04.27.08 @ 12:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Maybe this could be a new product for Eddies' EVHGear line of products...? LOL!
    I sure love my baby's Poundcake!!!

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,323
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Likes
    295
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducati-900ss View Post
    Maybe this could be a new product for Eddies' EVHGear line of products...? LOL!
    I wouldn't doubt it.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  13. #13
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducati-900ss View Post
    Maybe this could be a new product for Eddies' EVHGear line of products...? LOL!
    For the low, low price of just $99.95













    Plus a convenience charge of $49.95
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  14. #14
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    03.10.08
    Posts
    3
    Last Online

    03.28.08 @ 07:37 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default cool

    those are so cool. ive been looking for chucks with grafitti on them, i never thoguht of making htem myself. awesome!
    http://www.rockworldeast.com Thousands of Rock, Punk and Metal Band T shirts!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Chuck Berry
    By billy007 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06.09.17, 02:12 AM
  2. Chuck and Larry
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06.19.07, 07:55 AM
  3. Chuck Klosterman
    By extreme red roth in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10.26.05, 11:05 PM
  4. Buddy Holly or Chuck Berry?
    By bobthyfan in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12.05.02, 08:58 PM
  5. Top 5 Chuck Berry toonz...
    By Blind Willie Loons in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03.16.01, 06:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •