Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Are you addicted to the drama?

I saw this post by Lil Devil on the "Tour Cancelled" thread, and couldn't help but relate to it:

Quote Originally Posted by lil devil
    i now realize that i love van halen for totally new reasons.

it's like watching two slow moving garbage trucks in a head on collision.

it's just weird to be interested in all this drama.

i guess now i understand why womeone watch soaps.
    I've found that forums for bands that have a lot of drama seem to get WAY more people flocking to them than bands that don't have drama. Van Halen is definitely one of the top bands when it comes to drama. For some reason Journey is also.

People knock Eddie for having his addictions, but I think many people on these forums are addicted to drama. I have to admit that it sucks me in at times. I guess it's better than ruining your health with alcohol and drug addictions.

Do you find yourself drawn like a moth to a flame when it comes to the drama surrounding Van Halen, or are you just here because you like their music?

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I'm here for the food.

Plus I'm kinda hooked on this place.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:38 PM
    Liked 622 Times in 291 Posts

Im addicted to the band, the music, and now all this other stuff. Have been since day 1!
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post
    Im addicted to the band, the music, and now all this other stuff. Have been since day 1!
    Same here. VH has always been my favorite band.

Not really hoping two garbage trucks collide, just very curious as to the real reason for what's going on. Yeah, it's drama...just looking for a happy ending.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

LOL! That pretty much goes without saying! We're all still here, aren't we?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.14.10 @ 04:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm addicted to those little Dove ice cream things...

LOL

I think it's not so much the drama, as it is the fact that our hero's have faults, just like we do, it makes them "human" and reminds us how fragile the human condition can sometimes be. Ed's had problems WAY before 96, but they all came to a head @ then and took it's toll.. Personaly, I hope he can get past this. Id hate to see Ed turn in to Jeff Conaway....

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is certainly so shortage of things to talk about with this band except for the occassional silences. Even then, people find tidbits of information to discuss or one of the past members does something. Yeah, I'll admit it, it's a voyeuristic thing to check out this band as well as enjoy the incredible music.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

I am addicted to the feeling I get when the lights go out an the first chord of the first song knocks me on my ass.

Or that long ago feeling of going to the record store and buying the cassette or cd, ripping it open and listening to the tracks over and over again. It is just like Christmas when I was six.
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Addicted to the band - yes

After the tour now not being cancelled, made me really pissed off about what we don't know\what is really going on. However, it would be nice to know what is up with Eddie. However, I can understand wanting privacy and only wish the best health for Eddie. I am tired of being yanked around.

It's about the music. It has to be. Everytime VH comes up in a circle of friends now, a couple of us just want to cower into a corner because we know we are going to get a ribbing about the rollercoaster ride that is being a VH fan.

However, the folks making fun aren't fans of a band better than Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    I am addicted to the feeling I get when the lights go out and the first chord of the first song knocks me on my ass.

Or that long ago feeling of going to the record store and buying the cassette or cd, ripping it open and listening to the tracks over and over again. It is just like Christmas when I was six.
    Damn...couldn't have said it better myself!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am addicted to everything associated with Van Halen. I love the drama.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've always been a Van Halen fan. Can't help it! Their music is VERY addictive for me. I loved both the DLR and Sammy years.

I have to admit - I couldn't get off here yesterday! The damn drama surrounding this band is like a drug.

The first big drama was when DLR left and Sammy entered. DLR fans were outraged, and Van Hagar fans were thrilled. That started a war between the two camps that still goes on to this day. Then when Sammy was ousted/quit it started even more drama. Then Gary Cherone came in, which created more drama. When that fizzled, Eddie started having health issues and marriage problems. Enter DLR again, then Sammy, then DLR - and your fucking head is spinning. To put the icing on the cake, Eddie fires Michael Anthony and replaces him with his 16-year-old son. Talk about drama! It's enough to intoxicate even the worst drama addict.

I've got to get off here and get back to work... but it's so fucking addicting.

Last Online

07.09.15 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    I saw this post by Lil Devil on the "Tour Cancelled" thread, and couldn't help but relate to it:

I've found that forums for bands that have a lot of drama seem to get WAY more people flocking to them than bands that don't have drama. Van Halen is definitely one of the top bands when it comes to drama. For some reason Journey is also.

People knock Eddie for having his addictions, but I think many people on these forums are addicted to drama. I have to admit that it sucks me in at times. I guess it's better than ruining your health with alcohol and drug addictions.

Do you find yourself drawn like a moth to a flame when it comes to the drama surrounding Van Halen, or are you just here because you like their music?
    I've grown to like U2 more than Van Halen over the years because of VH's drama. I just saw the U2 3D movie and it was awesome. But I can't help to think every time U2 tours the world, releases a new album, makes a 3D movie; that's something Van Halen could have done if they had kept it together. U2 probably has their fair share of drama, they just don't air their dirty laundry. Plus they seem like a band of adults rather than a band of coddled babies.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    I've grown to like U2 more than Van Halen over the years because of VH's drama. I just saw the U2 3D movie and it was awesome. But I can't help to think every time U2 tours the world, releases a new album, makes a 3D movie; that's something Van Halen could have done if they had kept it together. U2 probably has their fair share of drama, they just don't air their dirty laundry. Plus they seem like a band of adults rather than a band of coddled babies.
    I love U2 very much too. I saw them two years ago and it was a killer show. Definitely one of my top five favorite bands. But you're right, they don't have much drama. I've never been to one of their forums. Do they even have one? LOL!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yeah, being a Van Halen fan pretty much defines drama. Am I addicted to the current train wreck in progress? Well, it turned me from being a lurker here to being a poster, so that should say something!
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.