Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

03.11.12 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Gibson Les Paul Standard Trade in Value

What would roughly be the trade in value of a Gibson Les Paul Standard? Bought brand new in 1998, excellent condition - trying to get some info on this. Tried selling the guitar but everyone I know doesn't have the funds (was asking $900.00 initially) Basically I'm in the market for a Pearl Export Series drum-set. One local music shop was basically drooling over the phone, but wanted me to bring the thing in... never dealt in trades before... wanting more info. Any help appreciated.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 732 Times in 296 Posts

Most likely if you want to trade dollar for dollar, it's not going to happen at a music store. You are better off trying to sell it on your own or going the ebay route. I would think if it's in good condition it should be worth more than $900?! Don't those sell for around $2,000 new? I think they hold their value pretty well, so you may want to see what they are going for on ebay.

~Peace
    https://www.reverbnation.com/kingslevel1
    https://twitter.com/kingslevel1
    New EP "Awakening" out on Amazon, Spotify, Google, iTunes 122117

Last Online

03.10.12 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, there is no reason to trade it in. I asked a music store a few months ago about what a trade-in value would be for a Strat to see if it was worth it to not have the hassle of going through ebay. It was like 50% of street price is what I would get in trade-in. You can do a lot better than that on ebay.

For something that costs that much, take the time to sell it on ebay and get the most you can for it.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

3 years ago (yeah, i'ts been a little while) I sold my '01 Les Paul Standard on ebay. I paid around $2,100 for it. I ended up getting about $1,300 from ebay. Little less than I wanted, but it was good enough at the time. I wouldn't trade yours because you just won't get the value (and they are salvating because they know with the "amount" they are giving you, they'll make a killing on selling it (i.e. because the mark up on what you are looking at purchasing in the trade is probably significant)).

Yes, you have to pay fees on ebay and paypal. Then you have to take it to get shipped. But, it's worth more than $900 if it's in that good of condition.

Heck, doesn't the links here have a stuff for sale thread? Put it in there, you might be able to get more for it (and you won't have ebay fees to worry about). Sounds like it's probably worth it.

Good luck.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Amsterdam
    Last Online

03.18.11 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It depends on the condition, color, flame, upgrades (bumblebee caps, rs kit) etc... However, I think you should be able to get around $1500 from what I've been seeing on eBay and craigslist.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

I would say no less than $1200, and more likely $1500 give or take a couple $100.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.