Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Default VAN HALEN "IN CONCERT"

In this little CD shop in this little town in Northern BC that i'm stuck in for a few days, I stumbled over a 2007 released double disc package, that appears to be from the F.U.C.K. days.
    I think the disc is a show in Holland, at least it's from a Dutch label whose name i don't remember.
    I had the guy at the shop put it aside and thought i'd come in here and find out if any of you are familiar with this disc, and is it worth the 40 bucks, or is it just a bunch of stuff thrown together.

Anyone, Anyone?
    Bueller?
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

40 Bucks? No way. I've seen listings (in a casual search) for this thing, a two CD set for as low as $9.95 to around $25.00.

Paying twenty bucks per CD is rarely worth it, what with places like "Jam To This" and all of the bootleg trading societies out there.

Pass on it, RD.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    40 Bucks? No way. I've seen listings (in a casual search) for this thing, a two CD set for as low as $9.95 to around $25.00.

Paying twenty bucks per CD is rarely worth it, what with places like "Jam To This" and all of the bootleg trading societies out there.

Pass on it, RD.
    Okay.
    Does anyone know if the show is worth getting a copy of?
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Okay.
    Does anyone know if the show is worth getting a copy of?
    Honestly, it has been in my own personal best interest to find particular tunes of quality and significance, and build a library in that fashion. This is how I built my foundation of Led Zeppelin boots, for instance (uhmm...OK, I started in 1975. What can I say... )

You are never going to get a "perfect show", in my view of things, so why not "build" it yourself? Fuck, actual multi-million dollar record companies fail in the procedure...

For instance, if one has several boots of the (hell, pick a year) "19__" tour. Simply pick and choose a setlist that you would enjoy, and doink it out.

Look, I have set up "concerts" that include Sam Hagar and Gary Cherone on vocals for personalized CDs. What I am trying to stress RD, is the option is ultimately yours.

Look, if you would like to pursue this further (getting boots and stuff), there are fellows out there far more adept at it than me. Yet a simple query in our "Bootleg Forum" will yield results, and unlike some of the arrogant twits in the "Guitar Forum", they are kind fellows more than willing to help out a new guy.

Brett even runs a site dedicated to concert material. The stuff is available. By no means purchase a CD for that kind of money, unless of course...you know beforehand what you are plunking down cash for.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 03.03.08 at 08:10 PM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Honestly, it has been in my own personal best interest to find particular tunes of quality and significance, and build a library in that fashion. This is how I built my foundation of Led Zeppelin boots, for instance (uhmm...OK, I started in 1975. What can I say... )

You are never going to get a "perfect show", in my view of things, so why not "build" it yourself? Fuck, actual multi-million dollar record companies fail in the procedure...

For instance, if one has several boots of the (hell, pick a year) "19__" tour. Simply pick and choose a setlist that you would enjoy, and doink it out.

Look, I have set up "concerts" that include Sam Hagar and Gary Cherone on vocals for personalized CDs. What I am trying to stress RD, is the option is ultimately yours.

Look, if you would like to pursue this further (getting boots and stuff), there are fellows out there far more adept at it than me. Yet a simple query in our "Bootleg Forum" will yield results, and unlike some of the arrogant twits in the "Guitar Forum", they are kind fellows more than willing to help out a new guy.

Brett even runs a site dedicated to concert material. The stuff is available. By no means purchase a CD for that kind of money, unless of course...you know beforehand what you are plunking down cash for.
    Uh oh, Chef... Am I one of the twits from the Guitar Room?

But to emphasize your point here more, now more than ever we have the awesome ability to construct our own favorite compilation CDs or playlists--a far cry from the days of the "mix tape." Even basic audio editing software available on just about any computer nowadays affords the owner the ability to draw in crossfades and even make a series of individually selected live cuts stream together like a real live show.

So go to town, and have a good time!

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Uh oh, Chef... Am I one of the twits from the Guitar Room?
    Andrew, you are what I would define as a living embodiment of class and distinction in that tepid minefield. Your kind offers of help and understanding...blah, blah, blah.

Relax.
    George Bernard Shaw

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Andrew, you are what I would define as a living embodiment of class and distinction in that tepid minefield. Your kind offers of help and understanding...blah, blah, blah.

Relax.
    I was just playing around. But thanks for the compliment.

I actually had to pause and think if it is harsh for newbies in the Guitar Room. I love how helpful most everyone is (I've received a LOT of helpful info from the community of folks there), but it does have a little of the "click" thing going on. So maybe it's just more like a gang of junior high girls, eh?

I just called myself a junior high girl.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

Thanks guys,
    And since we are having a little love in, may i say i enjoy both of your posts.

Carry on,
    -H.S.T