Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Clinic That May Have Infected 40,000 With HIV, Hepatitis Closed

Las Vegas — The city of Las Vegas has shut down a clinic where up to 40,000 people may have been exposed to hepatitis C and the HIV virus through the reuse of syringes and vials, officials said on Sunday.

The clinic at the heart of the scandal, the Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada, "was served with an emergency suspension of its business license," city authorities said in a statement.

Officials are asking about 40,000 people to be tested for hepatitis B and C and HIV because of unsafe medical practices at the clinic.

Health authorities launched an investigation into the clinic after six former patients were diagnosed with hepatitis. Nurses at the clinic were told "to reuse syringes when administering anesthesia" and "to reuse vials of medication," the city said, citing a probe by public health agencies.

The local prosecutors' office said it was closely examining the case and raised the possibility of filing charges against the center.

"It won't happen tomorrow or the next day, but we are taking a hard, fast look at all the facts in the case," District Attorney David Roger told KLAS-TV.

Some former patients had contacted lawyers for a possible class action suit against the clinic, local media reported.

The clinic did not comment directly on the allegations but expressed concern for patients infected and said it had undertaken new precautions.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

How can people in medicine be so stupid?
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    because most nurses/doctors are idiots. they dont care about their patients, only in it for the money, not to truly help people, they re-use syringes to keep costs down, and they get nice kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing their poison. there isnt a doctor in the world that i trust.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.07.09 @ 06:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisca View Post
    because most nurses/doctors are idiots. they dont care about their patients, only in it for the money, not to truly help people, they re-use syringes to keep costs down, and they get nice kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing their poison. there isnt a doctor in the world that i trust.
    The doctors went into medicine initially to help people and most really try to stay pure but then they run people...a million people just like you who are royal pains in the asses. Then the bitterness seeps in as they all realize most patients/people are the real self righteous, greedy, uneducated, self-destructing dullards who aren't deserving of their time. ie. Eddie Van Halen and his behavior around his little cancer issue.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These people should be put in jail. I listened to one of the board of health guys or someting being interviewed on Fox and it was like , to him it wasn't that big of a deal. He said that everything was being done right now so there was no further action being taken against this paticular office. Other than informing the thousands of people possibly infected with life threatening stuff, he just acted like he was not that concerned. I mean WTF.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey, if we get socialized medicine this will be common.

I suggest you get used to it.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Holy crap.

I was just on a jury (alternate, so I didn't ge to vote) about a malpractice case. Talk about adding cases to the system.

This case could bring down the entire state as far as malpractice type insurance goes. If those people have some type of class-action suit, there won't be a lot of docs wanting to stay in Nevada. The insurance premiums could be too high.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I know a physician here in AZ got busted reusing anesthesia vials, just unbelievable. Some of the dumbest people in the world completed medical school seems like.

Of course there are some great physicians out there, just be sure to find them and not the quacks.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by desandsevo100 View Post
    The doctors went into medicine initially to help people and most really try to stay pure but then they run people...a million people just like you who are royal pains in the asses. Then the bitterness seeps in as they all realize most patients/people are the real self righteous, greedy, uneducated, self-destructing dullards who aren't deserving of their time. ie. Eddie Van Halen and his behavior around his little cancer issue.
    Undeserving of a doctors time? Did these so called doctors realize when they went into medicine that people are usually not health nuts and they tend to have some self destructive tendency? If not, they are too stupid to be in medicine. Some people may be book smart but are common sense stupid. I think these types of doctor would fall into that category and should have their licenses revoked. As with Eddie, yes, we would all like to see his rehab attempts stick but at the very least he should get credit for continuing to try and hopeful one day he will be successful.