Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Is it fair to blame Valerie for the tour demise?

I've been reading some of the YouTube comments on a few Van Halen concert videos where people are blaming Valerie Bertinelli for "throwing Eddie under the bus" and causing the demise of the Van Halen tour by recently releasing her tell-all book. What do you think - was it just coincidence that Van Halen started cancelling shows at the same time that Valerie was on Oprah and Larry King promoting her new book, or did it cause Eddie to come unglued and cancel the tour?

I realize that anything at this point is mere speculation, but the band doesn't give us much to go on. Everything surrounding the cancellations has been hush-hush. This gives place to all kinds of rumors and gossip (i.e. Wolfie kicked someone's ass at a bar in Charlottesville, Valerie pulled Wolfie off the tour, Eddie and Dave are fighting again, Eddie came unglued when Valeries book came out, Eddie's hearing went bad, etc.).

Personally I don't think the tour cancellation had anything to do with Valerie. Based on preliminary reports, it didn't have anything to do with David Lee Roth either. What has been reported so far is that the tour was cancelled because "Eddie is having issues". What these issues are remain undisclosed at this point.

Even if Eddie did get upset about Valerie's book, can we blame her for the demise of the tour? Isn't Eddie a big enough guy to deal with something like this? We all know Eddie postponed the tour in 2007 so that he could take time to go into rehab for his alcohol and drug addiction. Could it be that this is the same problem that has caused the tour to be cancelled?

The medical community labelled addiction a disease in 1956, and experts from the field of addiction recovery agree that the end result of this disease is death if it is not treated. Was Eddie getting the treatment for his disease that he needed while on tour? If not, I think that it was only a matter of time before Eddie's disease flared up and took its toll on him again. While many of you may disagree with the addiction/disease concept, the medical community does not. They see addiction like a disease that eats away at a person just like cancer. Left untreated, it will run its course.

What do you think? Is it fair to blame Valerie for the tour cancellation?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

No.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Sure, what the hell.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

CVH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.15.12 @ 07:03 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    I've been reading some of the YouTube comments on a few Van Halen concert videos where people are blaming Valerie Bertinelli for "throwing Eddie under the bus" and causing the demise of the Van Halen tour by recently releasing her tell-all book. What do you think - was it just coincidence that Van Halen started cancelling shows at the same time that Valerie was on Oprah and Larry King promoting her new book, or did it cause Eddie to come unglued and cancel the tour?

I realize that anything at this point is mere speculation, but the band doesn't give us much to go on. Everything surrounding the cancellations has been hush-hush. This gives place to all kinds of rumors and gossip (i.e. Wolfie kicked someone's ass at a bar in Charlottesville, Valerie pulled Wolfie off the tour, Eddie and Dave are fighting again, Eddie came unglued when Valeries book came out, Eddie's hearing went bad, etc.).

Personally I don't think the tour cancellation had anything to do with Valerie. Based on preliminary reports, it didn't have anything to do with David Lee Roth either. What has been reported so far is that the tour was cancelled because "Eddie is having issues". What these issues are remain undisclosed at this point.

Even if Eddie did get upset about Valerie's book, can we blame her for the demise of the tour? Isn't Eddie a big enough guy to deal with something like this? We all know Eddie postponed the tour in 2007 so that he could take time to go into rehab for his alcohol and drug addiction. Could it be that this is the same problem that has caused the tour to be cancelled?

The medical community labelled addiction a disease in 1956, and experts from the field of addiction recovery agree that the end result of this disease is death if it is not treated. Was Eddie getting the treatment for his disease that he needed while on tour? If not, I think that it was only a matter of time before Eddie's disease flared up and took its toll on him again. While many of you may disagree with the addiction/disease concept, the medical community does not. They see addiction like a disease that eats away at a person just like cancer. Left untreated, it will run its course.

What do you think? Is it fair to blame Valerie for the tour cancellation?
    Well I do think she should have waited till after the tour

But no its not her fault
    "Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Yes. It makes as much sense as me blaming Ferrari for the fact that my Ford Ranger is falling apart, or hating the New England Patriots for the fact that the Dolphins have sucked for over a decade or more, so why not?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Until we hear something official, no.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:22 AM
    Liked 11,598 Times in 4,945 Posts

Oh please, of course not. Ed is his own person.

YouTube comments? ROFL! The bastion of intelligence and rational thought.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Oh please, of course not. Ed is his own person.

YouTube comments? ROFL! The bastion of intelligence and rational thought.
    How dare you!!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Her timing is suspect, but I don't know how well a person with issues could deal with personal information coming out whenever it comes out.

Bottom line, can't blame Val.

However, one thing I saw I didn't like (and it wasn't Val's fault), was a shitty piece I saw on Entertainment Tonight (go figure). It said she chose the "Rock and Roll lifestyle" and eluded to the fact that Eddie was the rock guy and this young, sweet and innocent girl was transformed. BULL SHIT. Val was already a star, living the Hollywood lifestyle. Being around Ed's crew probably didn't help, but don't tell me she was going to church formals on Saturday nights after One Day at a Time hit it big (and before she even met Ed). Donny Osmond interviewed her. Go figure it sounded so bad.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Funny enough I saw that too today when I was flipping through the TV after the Laker game. I was like, "Well that made Ed look like a total scumbag. Good work there ET."
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.12.09 @ 04:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a thought, you think Roth might have refused to do more shows until Eddie gets cleaned up?
    It ain't Van Halen without David Lee Roth. VH shows attended: Philadelphia 10/1/07, Philadelphia 10/3/07, Toronto 10/12/07, Kansas City 10/26/07, Washington, D.C. 11/1/07, Uniondale, NY 11/8/07, Montreal 11/10/07, New York 11/13/07, Pittsburgh 4/30/08, Atlantic City 5/9/08, Baltimore 5/15/08, Hershey 5/18/08, Providence 5/25/08.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if select people here blame Val...but if you are feeling like Val is too blame....

Go into your local newspaper....and look for coupons...it's really not that difficult....every newspaper has them, you just need to look hard enough.....just look for some coupons for 50% of your next round of Electro-shock
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    Just a thought, you think Roth might have refused to do more shows until Eddie gets cleaned up?
    Never know, but I doubt this was Dave's doing.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife bought Valerie's new book and has already finished reading it. It apparently did have a lot of dirty laundry on Eddie (she's been telling me about it for the past few days). In the book was a coupon for Jenny Craig. Val is probably making some big money on that book!