Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.27.17 @ 03:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OLP MM Series OUT OF PRODUCTION

According to Sterling Ball from Ernie Ball/ Music Man, his company has started working with a new licensee to produce affordable versions of Music Man instruments. Therefore, the licensing agreement with OLP has been terminated.

In fact, check all the usual retailers (including eBay). They are ALL drying up. If you see one on the wall in your local store, you might want to snag it for parts/ collecting purposes. Despite their street price, there are indications that their value could skyrocket over the next 10 years (sure, it means a $249 guitar might be worth $500, but still...)

Unchained only letters and numbers's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.28.14 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This is good news for me and my toothpaste colored OLP that I bought from Musician's Friend for $99.00 a couple of years ago!
    January 5, 2005 - Resurrection

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.19.12 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I would have been upset since I waited so long. However, I recently decided to take the plunge and get a real one.

This move however is probably better for everyone. Hopefully, they will carefully choose the next company.
    "France has neither winter, nor summer, nor morals. France is miserable because it is filled with Frenchmen, and Frenchmen are miserable because they live in France." - Mark Twain

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.28.12 @ 12:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got a red flame maple top with an original floyd and Rockfield Mafia pickups for $USD 400.00. It was a special from Funky Munky music. I love the guitar, can't beleive the quality and sound for the money. i have an original EBMM EVH and wanted this one to leave around the house, not worry about too much. They made 50, i don't know how many are left, but i can recommend them for sure. Look on ebay...

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

03.23.09 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dammit! I could have grabbed a new OLP MM1F with an original floyd from Grand Central Music in Minnesota on sale for $299.99 US back in December. And this was when the Canadian dollar was just a bit more than the US dollar. I'm kicking myself now. SHIT!

Favorite VH Album

5150 - F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD
    Last Online

02.14.14 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

damn and i just sold mine on ebay 3 days ago... no floyd piano black

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Amsterdam
    Last Online

03.18.11 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    I just got a red flame maple top with an original floyd and Rockfield Mafia pickups for $USD 400.00. It was a special from Funky Munky music. I love the guitar, can't beleive the quality and sound for the money. i have an original EBMM EVH and wanted this one to leave around the house, not worry about too much. They made 50, i don't know how many are left, but i can recommend them for sure. Look on ebay...
    I just got the same one, brand new, still in the box from a guy on eBay. $390 including a new Fender Deluxe Gig Bag. It has the Funky Munky logo on the back of the headstock. I'm really happy with it so far. Looks and sounds great.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s6275 View Post
    Despite their street price, there are indications that their value could skyrocket over the next 10 years (sure, it means a $249 guitar might be worth $500, but still...)
    you cannot be serious.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe, but you just clarified any question about your ability to be an a-hole. See, I try to stay away from "absolute" statements. For example, what if people start paying that much for these guitars? I used words like "could" and "maybe," didn't I? But in YOUR case, may I take your order for how you'd like the egg that could (see, I said COULD again) end up on your face? Scrambled, sunny-side-up, or over-easy?

I do know, from personal experience (can you say the same?) that the OLP MM1Fs were getting VERY good. I own a Wolfgang and an Axis, and have worked at a repair bench in a music store, and my 2007 Black OLP MM1F (the one with the Original Floyd) was a VERY worthy substitute when I didn't want to risk my Axis to the perils of public performance. All the indications are that EB pulled the plug on OLP's licensing agreement because the quality had gotten a bit "too good," and was costing EB some sales. Do you really think I would I have said it if I didn't think it COULD (there I go again...) happen? Probably not. Besides, wait until you see the one I put MY hands on...

Hey, twonabomber, I'm curious: have you played an MM1F lately, or, EVER?

Last Online

03.10.12 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe, but you just clarified any question about your ability to be an a-hole. See, I try to stay away from "absolute" statements. For example, what if people start paying that much for these guitars? I used words like "could" and "maybe," didn't I? But in YOUR case, may I take your order for how you'd like the egg that could (see, I said COULD again) end up on your face? Scrambled, sunny-side-up, or over-easy?

I do know, from personal experience (can you say the same?) that the OLP MM1Fs were getting VERY good. I own a Wolfgang and an Axis, and have worked at a repair bench in a music store, and my 2007 Black OLP MM1F (the one with the Original Floyd) was a VERY worthy substitute when I didn't want to risk my Axis to the perils of public performance. All the indications are that EB pulled the plug on OLP's licensing agreement because the quality had gotten a bit "too good," and was costing EB some sales. Do you really think I would I have said it if I didn't think it COULD (there I go again...) happen? Probably not. Besides, wait until you see the one I put MY hands on...

I don't think the guy said anything out of line that warranted that response. I agree with him totally, I don't care how good you think this axe is, it isn't going to start fetching $500 in 10 years.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yup...and i cut my finger on a poorly finished fret end. once was enough, never gave 'em a second look.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncbuckeye3 View Post
    I don't think the guy said anything out of line that warranted that response. I agree with him totally, I don't care how good you think this axe is, it isn't going to start fetching $500 in 10 years.
    I don't care that you agree, or about what you seem to think is fact. I said they COULD (see a theme here) be worth that much in the future, and to say you are certain that they WON'T is foolish. No one knows, which is why I said COULD, not WILL. I wouldn't have posted if I was not "serious."
    Last edited by s6275; 03.02.08 at 08:58 AM.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Amsterdam
    Last Online

03.18.11 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncbuckeye3 View Post
    There's one on eBay right now for $599. It doesn't mean it will sell, of course.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ernie-Ball-Music...3286.c58.l1287

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$599 might be a stretch. There's still 10 years left.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    yup...and i cut my finger on a poorly finished fret end. once was enough, never gave 'em a second look.
    Sorry to hear that. I will agree that the early ones were total crap, and unfortunately, anyone unlucky enough to give one a try in those days was left with a bad taste in their mouth...and a cut on their finger.

Sorry about the "a-hole" thing. That may have been a bit much.