Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Orange Tiny Terror

I got me an Orange Tiny Terror today and it is awesome. I read about them in a recent guitar magazine but never had a chance to play through one. I was in a local music store today trying out guitars and plugged into the Orange Tiny Terror and was blown away. I got the thing for $400 brand new. It is now part of my live rig. I am going to combo it with my Marshall JCM 800 in stereo through one 4X12 cabinet. What a great little amp. Has any one played through these besides me? There's some neat stuff online I found on Youtube of people demoing the amp. Pretty sweet stuff. I recommend it to anyone. It is pretty stripped down. There's only 3 speaker outputs on the back, 8 ohm for running 2 cabs or 16 ohms for 1 cab. The front panel just has volume, tone and gain along with a standby switch and a 7 or 15 watt switch. Don't let the wattage fool you, this thing is loud!! But is is so small, lightweight and easy to transport. Amazing.
    As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
    - John Lennon

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

We have them in the music store I teach at, and when someone plugs into one it's immediately obvious what they're playing through.

I think it sounds excellent, and if I were playing in a blues band or something I'd pick one up.

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait, Tora Tora/LOC
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought one in late December and I've been rehearsing with it since then. Carrying my big heavy JCM800 head was a bit tiring at times so I thought the Tiny Terror could remedy that issue, and it did. It is indeed very loud yet, in my case it is just enough to be heard as my drummer hits pretty hard. I wouldn't mind a few more wattage.
    I'm playing some classic Hard/Heavy covers: Accept, WASP, Iced Earth and I have enough gain for that style, no need for a pedal but I'm sure something like an EQ or an OD would fit great if you want heavier stuff with that thing. It is just awesome for Blues: creamy, singing leads, it's pure heaven coupled with the neck pickup of a Les Paul!
    It is very similar to a JCM800 pushed to 10 in terms of tone (not power of course!) and you can definitely coax some brown sounds out of that little beast.

Last Online

03.10.12 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got one back in December and I absolutely love it.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

I'm surprised that I haven't heard of these before now. I am going to try one out, because it looks like it's just up my alley!

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    We have them in the music store I teach at, and when someone plugs into one it's immediately obvious what they're playing through.

I think it sounds excellent, and if I were playing in a blues band or something I'd pick one up.
    Why just blues? Does it not have high gain when cranked?

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    Why just blues? Does it not have high gain when cranked?
    I get high gain from my 5150s, whacked out distortion from various pedals, and some soft compressed overdrive from a couple of other pedals (the Tech 21 CompTortion, which I've really enjoyed). The Tiny Terror has a nice "crackle" and gritty bite to it, and it cleans up well when you pull the volume back. So whenever I've played it--especially on single coils--it's made me think "blues."

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

a friend of mine has been using one for years now, and ive always been super impressed with the tone and volume of this very simple amp, so much so i bought one and use it now for rehearsing rather than carry the 5150's and jcm 800's and 2 4x12 cabs everywhere...i then just mic it up, its a magic little box, if i need more gain i just throw a pedal infront of it and its there along with my other pedals. also worth a note is...i play this thing cranked all the time and in the 18months or so ive owned it...its only sounded better!!! no issues with valves or any other components...great quality, great sound, great price....GREAT amp
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I looked on the back of one yesterday to find the "Made in China" mark but instead saw the less-than-common "Made in PRC" (Peoples Republic of China) on it. Is Orange trying to paint away the red?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    I looked on the back of one yesterday to find the "Made in China" mark but instead saw the less-than-common "Made in PRC" (Peoples Republic of China) on it. Is Orange trying to paint away the red?
    well its a good thing they're not called (sorry in advance)...yellow amps aint it!...who would have guessed it would be an amp manufacturer that ends comunism!!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait, Tora Tora/LOC
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i play this thing cranked all the time and in the 18months or so ive owned it...its only sounded better!!! no issues with valves or any other components
    Exact same thing here.