Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.28.13 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Baby dead after 8 days of neglect

This just sickens me. These people deserve the worst punishment afforded under the law. Too bad Illinois has a moratorium on executions.

Prosecutor: Baby dead after 8 days of neglect
    Death penalty possible for parents charged with murder

By ANDY KRAVETZ
    GATEHOUSE NEWS SERVICE
    Published Friday, February 22, 2008

PEORIA — Benjamin Sargent died with his eyes open, fists clenched and strapped into a car seat after eight days without food or water, authorities say.

The baby's parents, Tracy Hermann and James Sargent, are being held without bond.Advertisement
    The 5-month-old was dropped off at his parents’ house on Feb. 4, wearing a bright-blue snowsuit and strapped into his car seat. Eight days later, he was found in the filth-strewn home in the same position, Peoria County State’s Attorney Kevin Lyons said Wednesday during a bond hearing for the parents, Tracy D. Hermann, 21, and James E. Sargent, 23, both of Peoria, who are charged with murder for their son’s death.
    “It’s the worst case of child neglect we have seen since the turn of this century,” Lyons said afterward. “(On Tuesday), I told (Peoria Police) Chief (Steven) Settingsgaard that this case even rattled me.”

The charges state the parents’ actions, or lack thereof, were “brutal and heinous ... indicative of wanton cruelty,” factors that could mean they face up to 100 years in prison if convicted.

Lyons also said he might seek the death penalty for the two. State law allows a capital charge if the accused is older than 17 and the victim is younger than 12.

“He died from starvation due to neglect from these two defendants, his parents,” Lyons said, spitting out the last word with contempt.

Circuit Judge Glenn Collier ordered Sargent and Hermann held without bond, pending a hearing this afternoon, when it is expected that Lyons will present more evidence as to why the two should not be released pending trial.

Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll said Benjamin weighed 10 pounds when he was found by police. He was nearly eight pounds at birth, she said.

Reading from a prepared statement, Lyons said police found the infant sitting in his own waste, all the while strapped into the seat, which was in a crib.

A person who was staying at an unattached garage adjacent to the house had seen Benjamin at some point, thought it was “odd” that he was still on the living room floor after being dropped off and moved him, car seat and all, into the other room.

There Benjamin sat for eight days, most of which both Hermann and Sargent were home, “playing video games, watching TV, feeding and caring for themselves,” Lyons said afterward.

Police had interviewed Sargent, who at first told them he had moved the baby “once or twice,” but later conceded that he might not have moved Benjamin at all during the week, Lyons said.

Hermann’s last contact with her son was the night before police were notified. Then, she allegedly told police she “looked at the baby in the crib and presumed he was sleeping, so she said she stuck a bottle between the baby and the side of the car seat so that when he woke up, he could grab it and feed himself,” Lyons said in open court.

The house, Lyons said, was in complete disarray, with clothing everywhere and spoiled food left out. The temperature in the baby’s room was nearly 80 degrees, he said.

Hermann then left for Iowa to meet with a man she had met over the Internet, the prosecutor said, noting that she allegedly told police “ Benjamin was not her duty and that it was James’ responsibility.”

Prosecutors from Lyons’ juvenile division have already begun proceedings to permanently remove Hermann’s 3-year-old daughter from the home.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

speechless..
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://sj-r.com/News/stories/25672.asp

mug shots of the parents are here.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:02 PM
    Liked 6,673 Times in 3,698 Posts

why do people like this have kids? why?

I don't like the idea of abortion but if you're gonna do that just have a damn abortion. Better yet, if you're gonna do that just f-ing shoot yourself before you get pregnant.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by mojavebassman View Post
    http://sj-r.com/News/stories/25672.asp

mug shots of the parents are here.
    and she's got a 3 year old too. lovely.

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Now I want to go home and hug my kid.
    I just hope there is a special place in hell reserved for creatures like this.
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheEdHead View Post
    Now I want to go home and hug my kid.
    I just hope there is a special place in hell reserved for creatures like this.
    If there's a place worse then hell I'm sure these 2 have reservations.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

They were in the house playing video games and feeding themselves? Did they not know there was a baby there as well?

They should be left in a cell, strapped to a chair with no food or water until they die. Scumbags.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    They were in the house playing video games and feeding themselves? Did they not know there was a baby there as well?

They should be left in a cell, strapped to a chair with no food or water until they die. Scumbags.
    that sounds like an appropriate penalty.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

"Benjamin Sargent died with his eyes open, fists clenched and strapped into a car seat after eight days without food or water, authorities say."

I think I'm gonna go throw up...no joke...

Jeeez, why did I visit this thread...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    "Benjamin Sargent died with his eyes open, fists clenched and strapped into a car seat after eight days without food or water, authorities say."

I think I'm gonna go throw up...no joke...

Jeeez, why did I visit this thread...

I couldn't read the article this morning after that first sentence. It just appalls me that people would be so irresponsible when it comes to an infant. The thoughts of this baby having to endure this treatment (or lack thereof) breaks my heart.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mojavebassman View Post
    I couldn't read the article this morning after that first sentence. It just appalls me that people would be so irresponsible when it comes to an infant. The thoughts of this baby having to endure this treatment (or lack thereof) breaks my heart.
    I COULDN'T read the article after the first sentence - don't think I'll even try...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

- hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

I can't even gather the words. The fact that I have a three-month-old at home just heightens my emotion of rage after reading that.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I can't even gather the words. The fact that I have a three-month-old at home just heightens my emotion of rage after reading that.
    Folks that have no children will never know that SICKENING feeling - I thought I NEVER would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- han valen, 6.11.04

- hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"they face up to 100 years in prison if convicted"??????????????? That's it? I switched sides on the death-penalty stance a while back, not because I don't believe in "an eye for an eye", but because I don't trust the system not to execute innocent people. But, man, something like this makes me think long and hard about it. If anyone deserve to die for their crime. It's these two.

I'm not religious, but if there's a hell, there's a special room reserved for these two.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox