Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The rapid depreciation of the EVH Frankenstrat !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=016

So they've gone from $25k to $9200?? or best offer? A few weeks ago I saw one for $16k and I thought that was low. At this rate by summer time I'll be able to pick one up for the same price as an EVH art series Charvel, but I really have no use for one other than to check it out and se how it plays.

Martin

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I'm actually suspicious of that auction. Might not be the real thing...

But... The Frankies have gone down quite a bit. Selling prices more recently have been in the $15,000-$18,000 range.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post

But... The Frankies have gone down quite a bit. Selling prices more recently have been in the $15,000-$18,000 range.
    That's about right. I saw one in The Guitar Shop here in Mississauga for 25k. Then a couple months later I saw one in LA Music right across the street from the Guitar Shop with one for 17k. Probably the same one. And it wasn't in a case or anything...just hanging up behind the counter like the Gibson's and Fenders. Weird.

Maybe these dealers are finally realizing that 25 grand for a guitar is.........unreasonable.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post

I was in the process of replying the same thing, but my computer froze up. Anyway..there is one constant rule: The market WILL dictate retail value eventually. Period.

I can't imagine anyone taking a loss like that, however, so I'm calling bullshit on the auction or on how they acquired the guitar. No way the wholesale on those guitars is less than half the 25k asking price.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

I'm not sure of the exchange rate, but the guitar is in England... Could the price be Euros or pounds or whatever they use now?

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    I'm not sure of the exchange rate, but the guitar is in England... Could the price be Euros or pounds or whatever they use now?
    Says US $$ and shipping to Canada is $55? I say AT is right BULSHIT ! I added it to my watch list to see what happens.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Ended via Buy-It-Now. I hope someone didn't just get ripped off.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    to the best of my knowledge there's only about 5 in the u.k. and the u.k. price was £16,500 so by my reconing this this was up for (roughly with exchange rates factored in) £5000! if i had seen this i would have bought it without hesitation if it were indeed authentic but i seriously doubt it.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH1 and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All the one's with Ed on!
    Last Online

10.07.13 @ 11:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    to the best of my knowledge there's only about 5 in the u.k. and the u.k. price was £16,500 so by my reconing this this was up for (roughly with exchange rates factored in) £5000! if i had seen this i would have bought it without hesitation if it were indeed authentic but i seriously doubt it.
    I think you'll find it's a lot less... Soundsgreat in Manchester had the first in, that's the one reviewed in Guitarist, they sold that, then got a request for another and hunted high and low and got it from a German dealer. GAK said they have one but I doubt it would be there if you turned up to try it. As far as i know SG still have the guitar £15,000, I tried it out through a 5153 (great store btw).

Regarding that ebay ad, I'm surprised no one noticed the PA phone number in the ad that's the second UK ad for the frankie using the same copy... I do hope someone hasn't lost money... ebay... buyer beware

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i did some detective work and GAK are saying they still have one and SG have indeed sold one and found another from europe, and the word is that a couple of people have imported them from other places such as europe and the u.s. (not through regular u.k. outlets)
    seriously though if this was a GENUINE fender frankie replica then i'm pissed i missed it, at that price i wouldn't have minded owning it.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH1 and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All the one's with Ed on!
    Last Online

10.07.13 @ 11:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i did some detective work and GAK are saying they still have one and SG have indeed sold one and found another from europe, and the word is that a couple of people have imported them from other places such as europe and the u.s. (not through regular u.k. outlets)
    seriously though if this was a GENUINE fender frankie replica then i'm pissed i missed it, at that price i wouldn't have minded owning it.
    Didn't you trust what I was saying! just jesting.
    Buying one stateside was probably the most cost effective route when we were 2 to the dollar, but as you say 5k would have a lot of people reaching for their wallets. But this ad and another one last week, buyer in Gateshead I think, used the same info and pics with the US phone number in. This second one was pulled before the end.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What exactly is the fascination with these guitars? ... I don't get it.

My guess is .... the $25k price tag above all things.
    There is nothing about this guitar that says $25k, $10k, or even $5k IMO.
    And if anyone bought this guitar for "investment purposes", I think they will be in for a rude awakening. (JMO)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

my friend sold two of them at full pop over the past three months...and he just sold one of the DNA Jimmy Page Les Pauls for 25K as well...i think it has more to do with whether or not the stores that ordered them actually have the clientele to move it....

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    my friend sold two of them at full pop over the past three months...and he just sold one of the DNA Jimmy Page Les Pauls for 25K as well...i think it has more to do with whether or not the stores that ordered them actually have the clientele to move it....
    I don't really understand why anybody would buy one of the Page Les Pauls? Why wouldn't they just buy a Les Paul Re-issue for half the price?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    I don't really understand why anybody would buy one of the Page Les Pauls? Why wouldn't they just buy a Les Paul Re-issue for half the price?
    the guy that bought had every kind of off-the-rack reissue and vintage piece you can name. He's a very successful businessman and wanted something unique. The DNA Jimmy Page fit the bill...my buddy said it looked like Page ate a bucket of KFC before playing it! It had finger prints and smudges and shit all over it and it came with a note from Jimmy saying what he played on it and what he thought of the guitar etc. That same guy also bought another guitar my buddy got a hold of, belonged to Billy Gibbons who got it from Page...

I don't have the money these kind of people have. They buy guitars like this the way some of us buy t-shirts...they're just impulse purchases. I get it completely and I don't begrudge them or denigrate the value or significance of the instruments one bit. I hope I have a disposable income like that one day. I probably won't spend it on 25 and 30 thousand dollar guitars, but it would be nice to have the freedom to do so if I so chose.