Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.14.09 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The bugera 6260 is a cheap POS

Stay away. I was looking at one in my guitar store to see how it compares to my 5150. The first thing I noticed was how cheap it looked and felt. The tolex is hard and looks worse then my Marshall MG's. The knobs are cheap plastic and so is the face plate. Anyways, small differences in the amp are the locations of the pre amp tubes and the reverb knob instead of a resonance knob. So one of the techs and I take one of the guitars off the rack and he plugs it in. We wait for a few minuets for the tubes to warm up and he starts playing the clean channel. Then POP, nothing. Some how the amp died. Now when he turns it off it makes this terrible crackling noise, and when he turns it on you get a very faint signal. All in all, it looks like the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen. I hate that amp. Score one for a true American product I guess (the 5150/6505). Buy one used if you can't afford a new one, it will be so much better then this cheap clone.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

You get what you pay for.

I think I heard a wise man say that once.

Last Online

03.15.11 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bugera amps

Yeah and when i read the guitar mag i saw the ad in....can never be a good thing when you advertise an amp with a muscle fabio type dude posing in front of em!! YIKES! lol

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.07.12 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Someone on the HC Forums took some pics of the interal circuitry:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com:....php?t=1892944

I haven't played one yet so I can't comment on the amp but I definitely will be checking one of these out.

Last Online

02.16.10 @ 05:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sure they have some problems to work out in the first run of the amps

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Looks like these have all gone up.

http://www.americanmusical.com/BrandItems--b-608

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 727 Times in 344 Posts

Just so you guys know, I'm not talking out my ass about this particular subject. I used to be an Aviation Electronics Technician for the U.S. Navy, and currently work for an electronics contractor.

The devil is in the details on this kind of stuff. Some of you guys accruately pointed out the flaw in mounting the tube sockets directly to the board. That is not ideal. The sockets would be alot more durable chassis mounted. The fact that the other components are mounted to a board should not scare you away. The important thing is that good quality components are used. Really, the difference between a good quality component and a bad one will not be evident immediately, except for maybe the transformers or tubes. The Caps and resistors will work fine at first, regardless of the grade of the components. Where it makes a difference is that cheaper components fail prematurely. Higher grade components will last longer. I would rather have an amp with everything board mounted with good quality components than hand wired point to point with cheap components.

The new Bugeras are obviously not using top of the line components as evidenced by their price, but then again Peavey wasn't either. Maybe not as cheap as Bugera, but still not top of the line. Alot of guys expect that because it was made in the U.S.A.(Peavey), that the quality is much better, but the fact is that most of the components going into that amp are from third world countries.

In closing, the Bugera probably will be fine for awhile, but if you plan on keeping it for more than 5 years, expect to be taking it to the shop, and hope that you can still get the boards for it that you will need.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.