Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Default What's the most romantic thing you've ever done for your partner?

So being that it's Valentine's Day, I thought it would be appropriate for all of us to share our great ideas in romance. If nothing else, it gives us a chance to steel from each other and make our spouses think we're original

Here's one I used last year that would be good for couples away from each other:

When my girlfriend (now fiance) was in Orlando for a year, we were forced to spend Valentine's Day away from each other. Being that our favorite movie is "The Wedding Singer," I had my friend burn a nondescript DVD for me. I then bought everything needed for a dinner--except the food. I UPS'd the package with card and printed out instructions that even included what time certain parts of the package should be opened. I drew a diagram on how everything was supposed to be laid out (including a fake rose that was in the package).

I also gave instructions to immediately charge her cell phone. One of my instructions was to answer the door at 7:30. When she answered the door, she was greeted with her favorite pizza which I had ordered--complete with tip--from 1,200 miles away. At around 7:45 I called her and told her I had set up the exact same thing in front of me. I told her to pop in the DVD, which I was doing as well, and we pressed play at the exact same time. We stayed on the phone for the next 2 hours eating our meal together and watching our favorite movie. She loved it.

So what about you guys? Got any good ones?
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Last year on February 13th, I gave my husband 3 cases of Omaha Steaks with a card that said the following:

"We all know that Valentine's Day is about flowers, chocolate, and sweet cards and that it's all about the women. So...Happy Steak and BJ Day!!! I love you."

ummm...I'd say he liked it. A lot.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not too creative. When I was "courting" my wife-to-be (stalking her would be the more appropriate term nowadays), I would leave "Beanie Baby" dolls with a flower in her car while she was working. There isn't lots of that kind of stuff happening these day cause, after 16 years of marriage, she doesn't find it that cute anymore and I can’t afford the “Beanie Baby’s” (damned things have gotten expensive).

As I travel lots and am gone sometimes weeks at a time, I do make sure to send her flowers on those long trips. She used to not like flowers all that much but when I’m gone three weeks at a time, she tend to miss me (much to my surprise) and enjoys the floral reminder that she has a hubby somewhere in the world that loves her.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles View Post
    Last year on February 13th, I gave my husband 3 cases of Omaha Steaks with a card that said the following:

"We all know that Valentine's Day is about flowers, chocolate, and sweet cards and that it's all about the women. So...Happy Steak and BJ Day!!! I love you."

ummm...I'd say he liked it. A lot.
    Damn! Where were you when I was single?

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For my hubby on his birthday our first year together, I got a room at a downtown hotel overlooking the river which was cool because they had a carnival set up for Columbus Day, I brought along some sparkling wine and nose candy for the occasion. We then went outside and I had arranged for a horse drawn carriage to take us for a ride around the city and drink some more of the sparkling wine. When we were done, we went to a wonderful little neighborhood restaurant, The Old Mohawk, for dinner then quickly got back to the hotel to finish the nights festivities.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    Damn! Where were you when I was single?

lol, I was scooped up pretty early. And, I'd say you're doing some very romantic things for your wife. They may seem a little cheesy to you or to her but romance, by definition, tends to be a little on the cheesy side if you think about it.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I proposed to my wife of about two months, a year and a half ago by hiding the ring in a box of chocolate from her favorite chocolate shop. She's a chocolate fiend, but you'd never know it because she runs six miles a day - every day. I gave it to her when she came home from work and she went to put it in the fridge for later! Thinking fast, I told her they were a special edition and she should really try one immediately. When she saw the ring she flipped and said,"Are you fucking kidding me?" (in a good way), followed by,"You are sooooooo getting laid tonight". I had a bottle of really good champagne in the fridge and we cracked it open and called our friends and then...she made good on her on her earlier statement.

This was actually Plan B, after her best friend invited herself to join us for a week in Palm Beach, where I had planned to propose to her on the beach and arranged for dinner to be catered.

The ring was burning a hole in my pocket so I improvised the chocolate thing on the fly.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

i left her.......... j/k.....
    they hate if your the same , and they hate you if your different- evh

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I wrote a song for my wife for Valentines Day. Recorded it on my old 4-track with a 50 dollar acoustic and at that time 31 year old crappy singing voice.

When she listened to it she cried and I don't think it was my singing. Anyway she has only cried one other time and that was at her grandmother's funeral.

I still write her songs today but don't include any words because nothing will top that.

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, this won't top the list for originality, but for our 15th anniversary (holy SHIT am I getting old!), I went all out....
    1 month before, told her I was handling the anniversary stuff this year, handed her $500 and told her she needed a dress, shoes, etc, "somewhere between something you'd wear to a wedding and something you'd wear to the Academy Awards".
    Day before the anniversary, told her to wear her new stuff to work the next day, as I was picking her up and we would be going out.
    Arranged for a stretch limo to be waiting outside her building 15 mins before she got off work, with a big sign with her name on it for the driver to hold up.
    Limo picks her up (after all her co-workers see it waiting for her), picks me up, and we went to the swankest French restaurant in the city (actually, the restaurant, Le Bec Fin, is world-famous and the ONLY restaurant in America with 5 stars from Mobil and Michelin). This is the place she has wanted to go since we met, but since dinner for 2 there runs about $6-700, we never got to go until now.
    When the limo pulled up at the door and she saw where we were, she started tearing up...it wasworth all the money, seeing her that happy.
    And yeah, the dinner was awesome, but I STILL have chest pains thinking about how much it cost!
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

LOL. For some reason a dinner that expensive makes me think of Ghostbusters:

Ray: "This feast here represents the last of the petty cash."

Peter: "Chew your food."
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I called back.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

On the occasional nights that my wife worked late (her position more or less demanded flexibility on her part, time-wise) I'd draw her a bubble bath, set up some candles and place a portable CD player in the bathroom with one of her favorite albums on so she could unwind.

Them were the days.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I offered to do the dishes after dinner.

I didn't actually do them....

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

I sent her flowers for Valentines day.

Some will say, "Big deal!", but for me, it was. I had never sent anyone flowers for Valentines day. Also for her, her biggest memory of Valentines day was being dumped, so the flowers were a nice thing for her. We're still together 3+ years later, so I guess I've done somethings right.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)