Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Latest example of police abuse and misconduct

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3824544.shtml


    This morning on the CBS Early Show they covered a story of the police dumping a quadriplegic out of his chair. It was caught on video and even shows another cop laughing about it.

    During the same segment they also covered another case of the police arresting the victim of an assault, handcuffing her and strip searching her by force, also caught on tape, the video shows the woman pleading with the male and female officers as they rip her clothes off her and leave her naked in a cel.

    Once again we see arrogant beligerent police officers acting outside the law and the fraternity covering up for them like it's business as usual until the shit hits the fan and the public finds out about it. Then all of the sudden the officers get put on leave.

    Go ahead and cue the "the police are doing a tough job" excuses and justifications and how we shouldn't judge unless we've had to do put on the blue etc etc etc...These people should be put in jail plain and simple. If I tore some chick's clothes off while she was handcuffed I'd be charged and have the book thrown at me. If I dumped so quadriplegic out of his wheelchair and laughed at him I'd be beaten up and then thrown in jail. Just because you're a cop doesn't mean you get to live above the law. fuckin' cops.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,328
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3824544.shtml


    This morning on the CBS Early Show they covered a story of the police dumping a quadriplegic out of his chair. It was caught on video and even shows another cop laughing about it.

    During the same segment they also covered another case of the police arresting the victim of an assault, handcuffing her and strip searching her by force, also caught on tape, the video shows the woman pleading with the male and female officers as they rip her clothes off her and leave her naked in a cel.

    Once again we see arrogant beligerent police officers acting outside the law and the fraternity covering up for them like it's business as usual until the shit hits the fan and the public finds out about it. Then all of the sudden the officers get put on leave.

    Go ahead and cue the "the police are doing a tough job" excuses and justifications and how we shouldn't judge unless we've had to do put on the blue etc etc etc...These people should be put in jail plain and simple. If I tore some chick's clothes off while she was handcuffed I'd be charged and have the book thrown at me. If I dumped so quadriplegic out of his wheelchair and laughed at him I'd be beaten up and then thrown in jail. Just because you're a cop doesn't mean you get to live above the law. fuckin' cops.
    So because there are some, "cut-rate, parasitic" cops out there....we need to paint every one with a dirty brush?

    The cops doing these things...don't get a pass in my book either....but they don't change my view of Law Enforcement Officers IN THE LEAST. It's sad that stupid police officers do this shit because it obviously makes other people look at "good" cops differently....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk ZeoBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    41
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,830
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Likes
    54
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Well said.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

    www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    So because there are some, "cut-rate, parasitic" cops out there....we need to paint every one with a dirty brush?

    The cops doing these things...don't get a pass in my book either....but they don't change my view of Law Enforcement Officers IN THE LEAST. It's sad that stupid police officers do this shit because it obviously makes other people look at "good" cops differently....
    Horseshit. I don't buy it. One or two bad apples? Is that what it has come down to? We sigh and resign ourselves to saying "Well the rest are not that bad" or "Don't let the actions of a few...".

    This is inexcusable. What sort of system allows these "naughty cops" ( ) to get a job in the first place? As for the "good cops", how can you work with someone and not notice things are odd or downright wrong with that person?

    And in the case of the woman, there were several officers involved, yet initially the woman was the victim. What sort of ineptitude or psychotic cluelessness passes for sound judgement in how this woman was handled?

    The same culture that keeps the "brotherhood" of law enforcement officers strong and intact is the very same culture that breeds and allows disturbing behavior like this to flourish. And much like the Catholic church likes to move it's "troublesome" priests from parish to parish, so too migrate these socially maladjusted nutjobs that have no business dealing with the public, let alone be armed and have sway over the people.

    This state of affairs is appalling. The fact that incidents like these continue unabated even more-so.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,328
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Horseshit. I don't buy it. One or two bad apples? Is that what it has come down to? We sigh and resign ourselves to saying "Well the rest are not that bad" or "Don't let the actions of a few...".

    This is inexcusable. What sort of system allows these "naughty cops" ( ) to get a job in the first place? As for the "good cops", how can you work with someone and not notice things are odd or downright wrong with that person?

    And in the case of the woman, there were several officers involved, yet initially the woman was the victim. What sort of ineptitude or psychotic cluelessness passes for sound judgement in how this woman was handled?

    The same culture that keeps the "brotherhood" of law enforcement officers strong and intact is the very same culture that breeds and allows disturbing behavior like this to flourish. And much like the Catholic church likes to move it's "troublesome" priests from parish to parish, so too migrate these socially maladjusted nutjobs that have no business dealing with the public, let alone be armed and have sway over the people.

    This state of affairs is appalling. The fact that incidents like these continue unabated even more-so.
    Okay...well there are thousands...if not millions around the world abusing children, molesting little kids, downloading child pornography, in some cases making child pornography, circumcising their kids with knives, throwing kids off bridges...I guess....we are all fucked too then...and every human is scum...and I should look at my neighbour the same way I look at these freaks.....

    I never said the system is bad, good, or terrible...all I said was...when people make/talk about articles like this....they always seem to try and paint every police officer with the same brush...and I was saying NO...not all police officers are like this....

    I respect the job police officers do.... and just because there are dicks and losers who choose to abuse their authority and do terrible shit like this, I'm going to change my opinion on the men and women who might, one day, be called by me when somebody is breaking into my house, or if I have a gun to my head? Never gonna happen.


    Then again the whole gun pointed to your head bit is kind of irrelevant to Americans because everybody has a gun anyways...so cops aren't really needed in a situation like that
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.21.03
    Posts
    3,080
    Last Online

    07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I have a cousin whose a cop and, of course, he's of outstanding character and I'm proud as heck of him. He has mentioned that he has encountered, on occasion, amongst his fellow police officers, someone who takes the power afforded to policemen a little too far, not so much in action, but in attitude. That being said, he's never seen such atrocious behavior as per the story but he is well aware of the possibility of it happening once the odd cop with questionable character comes along.

    From my perspective, I have to wonder if enough is being done to weed out the few who are guilty of such crappy behavior. I'm sure the majority of cops are good, decent folks but the fact that this sort of behavior happens AT ALL points to a flaw somewhere in the system. That is not an indictment of police but, rather, the oversight and governance of the police. As the cliché goes, no one should be above the law.

  7. #7
    Good Enough pal1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.30.07
    Age
    46
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    1,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

    Too hard to choose
    Last Online

    06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3824544.shtml


    This morning on the CBS Early Show they covered a story of the police dumping a quadriplegic out of his chair. It was caught on video and even shows another cop laughing about it.

    During the same segment they also covered another case of the police arresting the victim of an assault, handcuffing her and strip searching her by force, also caught on tape, the video shows the woman pleading with the male and female officers as they rip her clothes off her and leave her naked in a cel.

    Once again we see arrogant beligerent police officers acting outside the law and the fraternity covering up for them like it's business as usual until the shit hits the fan and the public finds out about it. Then all of the sudden the officers get put on leave.

    Go ahead and cue the "the police are doing a tough job" excuses and justifications and how we shouldn't judge unless we've had to do put on the blue etc etc etc...These people should be put in jail plain and simple. If I tore some chick's clothes off while she was handcuffed I'd be charged and have the book thrown at me. If I dumped so quadriplegic out of his wheelchair and laughed at him I'd be beaten up and then thrown in jail. Just because you're a cop doesn't mean you get to live above the law. fuckin' cops.
    One of the problems you have here is that these are not the real cops. These are the rejects who are not smart enough of qualified to work on the street. They are jail officers. The 5 dollar an hour kind. That jail officer could easily be working at a fast food joint. But, these jobs are so low in pay and so far down the scale in law enforcement, that you get this kind of shit head! Most real cops are good people, but there are some that cross the line. They get on a power trip and they should be fired. Just remember. "you get what you pay for".

  8. #8
    Master Bluesman Elwood P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.02
    Location
    1060 W. Addison, Chicago
    Posts
    6,042
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 11:45 PM
    Likes
    1,759
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    One of the problems you have here is that these are not the real cops.

    Yep, he's basically a security guard. Everyone needs to relax, this video is all over the place, I'm sure the guy's lost his job, there will be lawsuits. As far as him doing jail time himself, that's up to the local authorities, not the cops but the guys in suits, the D.A.'s. Who knows?

    Cops today have to realize they're almost always under video surveillance. If they do something this stupid, they deserve to lose their job.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

    "Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

    Rawhide in "A"

    OAA

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,328
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Yep, he's basically a security guard. Everyone needs to relax, this video is all over the place, I'm sure the guy's lost his job, there will be lawsuits. As far as him doing jail time himself, that's up to the local authorities, not the cops but the guys in suits, the D.A.'s. Who knows?

    Cops today have to realize they're almost always under video surveillance. If they do something this stupid, they deserve to lose their job.
    The 4 cops got suspended.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    if he wears a badge of the city/county/municipality and the police department cuts his pay check then he's a cop and should be held to the same standards that all cops are supposed to be held to. His actions shouldn't be dismissed as those of just a "jail cop" or "security guard." He's either an officer of that law enforcement agency or he's not.

    Chef made a wonderful comparison with the Catholic Church. People LOVE to rail against the church citing how they've worked so hard to cover up for the bad priests, how they ignored the problem, how they moved priests to new parishes, how they just bought victim's silence. When a problem like this arises, it's no longer simply a matter of misconduct on the part of an individual. It's an institutional epidemic that reaches from the very bottom of the totem pole, evidently these "jail cop security guards" all the way to the top. Cops know these sort of things go on. Cops know how the freaks are among them. Cops joke about roughing people up and about abusing their authority. They joke about it. Any cop that doesn't report those sons a bitches is just as bad. Fuck this fraternal order and code of ethics. Until I see major changes in the police system I will continue to be just as wary and just as suspicious of them, if not more, as I am of anyone else. I don't trust the police. How am I supposed to know if I'm being pulled over by the loose cannon freak cop or the noble guy doing a thankless job for the saftey of his community? How am I supposed to know if the cop I call when I have something go down at my house is going to be a good cop or a shitty cop? I don't and yep, that frightens me. I don't want to end up on some video on CBS and much less, I don't want to end up in the same shit state but not have evidence of it!

  11. #11
    Top Of The World sinkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.03.04
    Posts
    216
    Last Online

    03.07.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default

    Its not just the low paid idiots at the county lock up who keep fucking up.

    http://www.inclusiondaily.com/archiv...6arkhamley.htm

    for your reading pleasure. Links at the bottom of the article to the grand jury testimony, and to the names / times of all pertinent facts.


    The breakdown:

    Escaped inmate from Michigan makes it to sunny Northwest Arkansas
    Police issue warning that the man is in the area
    Unfortunate mentally handicapped young man goes for a walk down the road
    Trooper Larry Norman, hearing something on his radio decides to come from miles away to get involved.
    Trooper Norman is told to "help with traffic"
    Trooper Norman decides not to, he's ready for action
    Trooper Norman shoots man on the road for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON
    Uh oh...

    its a retarded guy who's last words are " why shoot me"

    Here's the video link

    http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...7normantop.txt


    There is no arguing that this sort of thing has started to happen way too often. Changes must be made. Maybe stop hiring huge ex-jocks who no longer get their bullying jollies from high school hallways. I don't know...

  12. #12
    Sinner's Swing! Bullwinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.07
    Location
    698 Sycamore Road, San Pueblo, CA
    Posts
    2,789
    Favorite VH Album

    Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

    I Think I Love You
    Last Online

    06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    When a person dons the uniform he or she needs to be an example of law-abiding behavior. The uniform represents power, but it represents the power of the law not the person.

    There are rotten people out there, and some of them work as police officers, but they are not allowed to be rotten people when they are wearing the uniform.
    If a guy wants to get his jollies dumping a crippled man out of his wheelchair, then fine. Go ahead. We have penalties for behavior like that and you will pay those penalties. But, if you do it while wearing the uniform of a law-enforcement officer, then those penalties should be increased tenfold.

    A civilian may run away when an enemy attacks his town. But a soldier who runs away is derelict in his duty and faces the stiffest penalties possible under military law. The same standard should apply to police officers.
    If you place your personal desires above the code you have sworn to uphold, while wearing the uniform which represents that code, then you are a scumbag of the lowest order.







    Don't read this.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk smithjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.12.00
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    16,463
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

    08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Likes
    130
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts


    Donor

    Bad cops are bad news. There is no excuse for this type of thing. Sometimes it comes down to the person's morals and judgment. Apparently this is lacking with some members of the force out there.

    If being held to a higher standard one would think that the officers involved would be fired not suspended.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

    "A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One



  14. #14
    Baluchitherium loveevhsince79's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.22.04
    Location
    Cols, OH
    Posts
    5,420
    Last Online

    10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    When a person dons the uniform he or she needs to be an example of law-abiding behavior. The uniform represents power, but it represents the power of the law not the person.

    There are rotten people out there, and some of them work as police officers, but they are not allowed to be rotten people when they are wearing the uniform.
    If a guy wants to get his jollies dumping a crippled man out of his wheelchair, then fine. Go ahead. We have penalties for behavior like that and you will pay those penalties. But, if you do it while wearing the uniform of a law-enforcement officer, then those penalties should be increased tenfold.

    A civilian may run away when an enemy attacks his town. But a soldier who runs away is derelict in his duty and faces the stiffest penalties possible under military law. The same standard should apply to police officers.
    If you place your personal desires above the code you have sworn to uphold, while wearing the uniform which represents that code, then you are a scumbag of the lowest order.
    Amen to that!

  15. #15
    Hang 'Em High RRMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.09.03
    Age
    47
    Location
    EyeOhWuh
    Posts
    6,794
    Favorite VH Album

    The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

    Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

    05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    broken...my brotha...take a pill and breathe a second.

    The opinion of:

    if he wears a badge of the city/county/municipality and the police department cuts his pay check then he's a cop and should be held to the same standards that all cops are supposed to be held to. His actions shouldn't be dismissed as those of just a "jail cop" or "security guard." He's either an officer of that law enforcement agency or he's not.
    While noble in print, is not realistic. To get a job in a jail, as a "jailer" or "corrections officer," one does NOT take the same tests that a cop/deputy/trooper takes, in order to get hired on.

    The candidates for the "law enforcement" side have to pass through a "Civil Service Testing Cycle." It includes, the application, a written test, a physical agility/PT test, PHSYCHOLOGICAL testing (which can easily be beaten) at least TWO interviews with the Civil Service Commission (made up of regular citizens) and the police board, then intensive training at the law enforcement academy in that particular state. You are ceremonially sworn in prior to departing for the academy (on a local level); offically sworn in (oath of office) upon graduating the academy.

    To be a jailer/corrections offier on a local/county level. You fill ojut an application, interview, drug test and take a psyhcological exam. You go through training on the job, for the most part, and do continuing education/training once a year (after your first year) at the state LEA. YOU ARE NOT A SWORN OFFICER and do NOT uphold laws. You merely ensure that the inmates are kept safe. And execute your state's policies on detaining inmates until their release.
    State corrections officers are basically the same, but DO attend a Correction Officer training academy. They are NOT sworn officers of the law.

    You CAN NOT hold them to the same level as each other. One get's paid SIGNIFICANTLY more than the other and is SWORN to uphold the law.

    Do a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Yup. And unfortunately, it's that way in EVERY profession out there. You just hope that Johnny Law isn't affected by it. Unfortunately though, that's not the case.

    And if you wonder why they don't turn on one another. Read the story of Serpico, a New York City detective that turned on "his own." He's STILL in hiding, even though he gives interviews.
    Last edited by RRMB; 02.14.08 at 10:03 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

    "Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

    "Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)


    http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

    CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FBI Patriot Act abuse
    By Bob_R in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.13.07, 11:17 AM
  2. Fresh Child Abuse Allegations for Jackson
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01.14.06, 05:16 AM
  3. Couple showed baby's abuse on Net
    By rrussou812 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06.30.05, 12:01 PM
  4. Substance abuse?
    By MikeL in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06.22.01, 02:00 AM
  5. Main Discussion Forum abuse
    By tap1966 in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07.13.00, 03:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •