Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default 2008 NFL Offseason Thread

What names will move, can New England resign Moss and Samuel?
    We've got a few months now before football comes back, enjoy.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Congratulations: You actually posted a thread that might not be ridiculed or simply closed. And you missed not only putting up a "Will VH play the Super Bowl?" thread, yet you completely missed any "GRAMMY" speculation.

You are slipping, bro.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Two things...

1.The Washington Redskins hired Jim Zorn as their new head coach.

2. My football team is screwed for the forseeable future.

(New head coach with no experience.
    Salary cap issues.
    and
    A crazy owner.)

Oh the agony!
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:22 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

I heard speculation that the Cowboys are looking to trade up (maybe even to number 1) to get Darren McFadden? my question why...MBIII is a great back and if given the chance he could definitely be their every-down back
    Kosovo Je Srbija

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:42 AM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Geez, why couldn't Zorn (my favourite quarterback when I was a kid) become coach of a team I like and could root for?

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150 View Post
    Two things...

1.The Washington Redskins hired Jim Zorn as their new head coach.

2. My football team is screwed for the forseeable future.

(New head coach with no experience.
    Salary cap issues.
    and
    A crazy owner.)

Oh the agony!
    Dude, until you become a Raiders fan, don't be complaining about crazy owners. They have the corner on crazy in Alameda.

I'm curious to see how the Patriots do this off-season. That defense is getting old. As for the Raiders, they probably can't afford to pay the 4th pick of the draft what the market will dictate so I would bet they try to trade it away but if they keep it, please let it be a stud pass rusher.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 01:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Browns will be very busy in the off season with getting their defensive line revamped, much like they did with the offensive line last season. I believe GM Phil Savage will be very aggressive in free agency...they have over 33 million in cap space to work with...the first thing they will address is getting RB Jamal Lewis and QB Derek Anderson under long term deals. Lewis wants to stay but it will be a little tough to get DA under contract. What may happen with him is they will give him the maximum one year tender and dare anyone who needs a QB to deal their 1st and 3rd round draft picks for him. I hope they can keep him for a few years longer than that though, that would give us the luxury of having two good QB's on the same team (YES I think Brady Quinn will be a star in the NFL),but we'll see what happens.

IMO the Browns are turning the corner and will become one of the elite teams in this league...but like I said they need to improve defensively...I am very confident they will.

GO BROWNS!!!!
    Always have been...always will be...a CLEVELAND SPORTS FAN!!!

...you got a problem with that?

FUCK THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS AND THEIR FANS!!!

Last Online

Green, Booker Among 9 Cuts by Dolphins

By TIM REYNOLDS – 1 hour ago

MIAMI (AP) — Quarterback Trent Green was acquired by the Miami Dolphins last year as part of a plan to turn the franchise's fortunes around. Not surprisingly, Bill Parcells' ideas differ from the previous model.

In the Dolphins' first major player purge since Parcells took charge of Miami's football operations, the team parted ways with Green, wide receiver Marty Booker and seven other players Monday — ushering in the start of what's expected to be a massive offseason roster shakeup by the rebuilding franchise.

"This is never easy, especially since all of these players worked hard during their tenure here," new Dolphins' general manager Jeff Ireland said.

Other notable cuts by the Dolphins included tackle L.J. Shelton and massive defensive tackle Keith Traylor, both of whom were starters.

Miami also waived tackle Anthony Alabi, defensive tackle Anthony Bryant, tackle Marion Dukes, defensive tackle Marquay Love and tackle Joe Toledo.

Most of these moves were expected, and more will undoubtedly follow over the coming weeks as Miami looks to retool following its 1-15 season. The Dolphins haven't made the playoffs in six seasons, the longest stretch in franchise history.

Green was placed on injured reserve in October after his second severe concussion in 13 months, and the 37-year-old may contemplate retirement. Traylor suggested at times last season that his 16th season may be his last.

Booker caught 50 passes in 2007, but managed only one touchdown for the second time in his four seasons with the Dolphins. Shelton started all 32 games during his two-year stay with the Dolphins and had two years left on his contract in Miami.

"I want to thank all of them for their contributions to the Dolphins and wish them good luck," Ireland said.

Parcells has already reshaped the front office, firing general manager Randy Mueller and other members of the team's player personnel staff. The coaching staff was rebuilt, most notably with Tony Sparano brought in to replace Cam Cameron.

With the start of free agency Feb. 29, Parcells' eye has clearly turned toward the roster.

"In the case of each of the veterans, it's especially difficult to release players who have been productive and valued members of the organization," Ireland said. "However, we feel these decisions are in the best interest of the team."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...nuPDwD8UOBPH00
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    Dude, until you become a Raiders fan, don't be complaining about crazy owners. They have the corner on crazy in Alameda.
    Amen to that brother. The Raiders will never get back to prominence until Al steps away/releases control/or dies. It could be worse, you could be like me and be a Dolphins fan also. Not really a big NFL fan as of late for some odd reason.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The Panthers released linebacker Dan Morgan and guard Mike Wahle. Morgan didn't seem surprised and says there's no hard feelings, and that he wants to play somewhere. He said agent Drew Rosenpenis hasn't even talked to a team yet, but that at the time he blew his Achilles last season, he was hitting people and feeling good, so he wants to go.

I wish he wouldn't want it so badly, considering the number of concussions he's had. But when healthy, he could cover the field and laid fierce hits on guys. And I guess a man has to make his own choices.

Wahle, at 30, is still playing at a high level, was a great team guy, and I'm a little surprised they let him go. Cap casualty I suppose, depending on what they do with the money ($6mil in savings, supposedly).

A day has passed, and Carr is still on the roster.
    Last edited by Red; 02.11.08 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Dr. Rosenrosen

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Two words: BIG BLUE! Our defensive line just got even better for next year with Kiwanuka coming back to his natural position at DE. And having two good to great athletic TEs in Shockey and Boss. We just need a linebacker and someone at cb or safety.

Pats won't sign Moss and Samuel. I'm guessing the Giants will sign Samuel.
    The Giants can wait for the defensive free agents to come to them after their performance in 2007 and the playoffs and because Spags is staying
    Wolfie is not Mike, but he's more than ok.
    Mike is gone, but not forgotten. They played some amazing shows from 2007-2015; some people are in denial about it.

9/27/07- Charlotte, NC
    10/1/07- Philadelphia, PA
    10/20/07- Detroit, NI
    11/3/07- Meadowlands, NJ
    11/13/07- The Garden

05/13/08- Meadowlands, NJ II!!!!!

2/28/12- The Garden
    3/1/12- The Garden
    4/21/12- Greensboro,NC

8/9/15- Holmdel, NJ
    9/13/15- Tampa, FL

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ZORBA5150 View Post
    Two words: BIG BLUE! Our defensive line just got even better for next year with Kiwanuka coming back to his natural position at DE. And having two good to great athletic TEs in Shockey and Boss. We just need a linebacker and someone at cb or safety.
    I don't know dude, what's with all the "Dump Shockey" talk coming out of the New York press? It's starting to get picked up by the national media, probably due to his somewhat petulant and childish behavior at the Super Bowl and his no-show at the victory celebration...

Shit, Boss has been doing a terrific job (one that I pointed out, months ago ). Who needs the turmoil?
    George Bernard Shaw

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I don't know dude, what's with all the "Dump Shockey" talk coming out of the New York press? It's starting to get picked up by the national media, probably due to his somewhat petulant and childish behavior at the Super Bowl and his no-show at the victory celebration...

Shit, Boss has been doing a terrific job (one that I pointed out, months ago ). Who needs the turmoil?
    Shockey would make a great pro wrestler.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    The Panthers released linebacker Dan Morgan and guard Mike Wahle. Morgan didn't seem surprised and says there's no hard feelings, and that he wants to play somewhere. He said agent Drew Rosenpenis hasn't even talked to a team yet, but that at the time he blew his Achilles last season, he was hitting people and feeling good, so he wants to go.

I wish he wouldn't want it so badly, considering the number of concussions he's had. But when healthy, he could cover the field and laid fierce hits on guys. And I guess a man has to make his own choices.

Wahle, at 30, is still playing at a high level, was a great team guy, and I'm a little surprised they let him go. Cap casualty I suppose, depending on what they do with the money ($6mil in savings, supposedly).

A day has passed, and Carr is still on the roster.
    And Trent Green is available. Much better backup for Jake if they can get him. They need a better insurance policy, simply because no one knows if Jake will be the same now. There's not a single Panther fan I know of that will accept them keeping Carr.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 531 Times in 319 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Pats are more likely to keep Moss than Samuel. Samuel is after the money, period. Dude actually would yell "gettin PAID", or "there's another million" in games as he made plays. Crazy shit.

Moss has said he'll take less to stay, and that he'll take the franchise tag IF the Pats use it only to continue to negotiate with him. The Pats will pay people depending on how they fit in their system, so they can get some money to Moss.

And when you say the Pat's defense is old, please remember it's the LB's that are old, and Harrison. That's it. Everyone else is actually young. DL's are all pretty young, DB's other than Rodney are young. And the Pats don't do young LB's, as their system is very complicated for LB's to learn. They've had more success bringing in veterans, and going young in other places on D.

That said, they need some new blood on D, that's for sure. I would guess they'll get a RB, sign Moss, and focus on the D.