Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Tele Conversion to Octave Mandolin

Had a customer ask me to make convert his B-Bender Tele to an Octave Mandoline. I of course said I could do it and then started my research. We discussed modding his existing neck and I quickly ruled that out. I started from scratch with a Birdseye Blank and a Hard Maple Fingerboard that I had made already. You can see in the both in the first picture.

My customer wanted to play it Friday Night so I worked quickly.

I did the inlays and got it finished up last night. My customer is bringing the guitar this morning and I'm going to install the neck and get it set up; He has gigs this weekend.
    The inlay was cut from Walnut too except for "Kenny" at the heal. It was so small I had to use a filler that I color matched to the Walnut. "The Snowcaster" took a full day and once I glued it in I sprayed some nc lacquer to fill any gaps before I sanded it smooth.

He brought the guitar out Friday morning and I spent a few hours installing it and getting it set up. Here it is installed and ready to rock as much as a Mandolin can rock.

He called me yesterday afternoon and said it played perfectly. Now he want me to build something completely custom.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

awsome work as always.
    its great to see something totaly different round here now and again
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivebombInc View Post
    Had a customer ask me to make convert his B-Bender Tele to an Octave Mandoline. I of course said I could do it and then started my research. We discussed modding his existing neck and I quickly ruled that out. I started from scratch with a Birdseye Blank and a Hard Maple Fingerboard that I had made already. You can see in the both in the first picture.

My customer wanted to play it Friday Night so I worked quickly.

I did the inlays and got it finished up last night. My customer is bringing the guitar this morning and I'm going to install the neck and get it set up; He has gigs this weekend.
    The inlay was cut from Walnut too except for "Kenny" at the heal. It was so small I had to use a filler that I color matched to the Walnut. "The Snowcaster" took a full day and once I glued it in I sprayed some nc lacquer to fill any gaps before I sanded it smooth.

He brought the guitar out Friday morning and I spent a few hours installing it and getting it set up. Here it is installed and ready to rock as much as a Mandolin can rock.

He called me yesterday afternoon and said it played perfectly. Now he want me to build something completely custom.
    Cool to see one of the VH 1 bodies lying underneath the workbench. Too Cool.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That is actually the VHI I did early last year which had a Floyd Rose on it. I scrapped it and made the one I have now that has the original setup. I've been using it to make dust by sanding the white and black paint... you guessed it; it makes gray! I was never happy with that body. And see everone... I didn't sell it.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com