Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    09.01.06
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    197
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Not Enough
    Last Online

    03.13.16 @ 05:51 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Cabo Wabo Radio - Now Free!

    Couldn't see that anyone had spotted this from Sammys site - http://www.redrocker.com/index.php?s=news_detail&id=163 typical that I'm at work and my work pc has no sound! Have to wait until I get home...

  2. #2
    no stinkin click! muffdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.02
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7,761
    Favorite VH Album

    all
    Favorite VH Song

    strung out....
    Last Online

    02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    He noticed my complaints I see......lol...


    Fucking guy's rippin' off KSCUM....

  3. #3
    Eruption lal5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.05
    Age
    51
    Location
    miami,fla
    Posts
    1,452
    Favorite VH Album

    dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

    ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

    06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    i saw an article on that a few weeks ago. that he was making it free. havent been to the site yet. any comments to those who have listened to the station..
    they hate if your the same , and they hate you if your different- evh

  4. #4
    Sinner's Swing! Wickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Big "D"
    Posts
    3,195
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lal5150 View Post
    i saw an article on that a few weeks ago. that he was making it free. havent been to the site yet. any comments to those who have listened to the station..
    Here's a snapshot of the "recent played" list..


    Gomez - Do One [2:40] - Split the Difference


    Anny - Home [3:25] - Naked


    The Shore - Firefly [4:17] - The Shore


    Adama - Rain [3:56] - EP1


    INXS - Need You Tonight [3:01] - The Greatest Hits


    Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang [3:52] - Ultimate 80's


    Kings Of Leon - California Waiting [3:30] - Holy Roller Novocaine


    Simply Red - Holding Back The Years [4:29] - Ultimate 80's


    David Pack - Biggest Part of Me [4:42] - The Secret of Movin' On


    Billy Idol - Mony Mony [3:25] - Ultimate 80's
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Gee, that's not exactly riveting "can not miss-must hear" material.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver View Post
    He noticed my complaints I see......lol...


    Fucking guy's rippin' off KSCUM....
    Naw....it's not 'ripping off'.

    It's an 'homage'.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    Naw....it's not 'ripping off'.

    It's an 'homage'.
    "Homage" my great aunt gertrude. If he wants to live up to "KScum-like" standards, perhaps he should actually display some of the disciplined, highly intuitive and discerning taste, let alone compassion for listeners that our own great online station held.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    "Homage" my great aunt gertrude. If he wants to live up to "KScum-like" standards, perhaps he should actually display some of the disciplined, highly intuitive and discerning taste, let alone compassion for listeners that our own great online station held.
    Aw hell.....You're right. Sammy's got no "WTF?? Fridays" in his arsenal.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  9. #9
    Eruption
    Join Date
    05.11.05
    Posts
    1,024
    Last Online

    10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Gee, that's not exactly riveting "can not miss-must hear" material.

    Agreed. I saw some of the acts listed. Didn't make me want to stay. Maybe it'll get better?

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    Agreed. I saw some of the acts listed. Didn't make me want to stay. Maybe it'll get better?
    Actually, looking at the list.....it screams 'diversity'. Now, I've probably heard of maybe 50% of the performers named. I see it and I say to myself, "now THIS is something Clear Channel would never ever endorse". and I like that.

    Simply Red??? I may not elect to listen to them by design, but to listen to a playlist that isn't dominated by the most populat acts on the charts (Halen included).....well, there is something refreshing about that.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    45
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    8,943
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:31 PM
    Likes
    1,014
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

    Default

    Yeah but what about playing some unreleased songs he has in his vaults? He could play them unannounced to avoid any legal troubles...
    Little Dreamer

  12. #12
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    Here's a snapshot of the "recent played" list..


    Gomez - Do One [2:40] - Split the Difference


    Anny - Home [3:25] - Naked


    The Shore - Firefly [4:17] - The Shore


    Adama - Rain [3:56] - EP1


    INXS - Need You Tonight [3:01] - The Greatest Hits


    Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang [3:52] - Ultimate 80's


    Kings Of Leon - California Waiting [3:30] - Holy Roller Novocaine


    Simply Red - Holding Back The Years [4:29] - Ultimate 80's


    David Pack - Biggest Part of Me [4:42] - The Secret of Movin' On


    Billy Idol - Mony Mony [3:25] - Ultimate 80's
    good thing its free...
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    11.05.06
    Location
    there's a sleepy town
    Posts
    8,193
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

    07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    Actually, looking at the list.....it screams 'diversity'. Now, I've probably heard of maybe 50% of the performers named. I see it and I say to myself, "now THIS is something Clear Channel would never ever endorse". and I like that.

    Simply Red??? I may not elect to listen to them by design, but to listen to a playlist that isn't dominated by the most populat acts on the charts (Halen included).....well, there is something refreshing about that.
    That is exactly the type of programming Sammy wants on this station. They are wanting listeners to e-mail in their thoughts about the station. But i don't believe it will ever become a "cookie cutter" classic rock, album rock, or even a hard rock station. Those stations are already out there. Sam doesn't want to occupy that space.

    This probably ties in with Cabo Wabo Tequila going global. People across other parts of the globe probably don't give two shits about Sammy Hagar "The Red Rocker" and his music. If his tequila brand is gonna be in the finest restaurants and dance clubs in say...Europe for instance. Well then you gotta use different bait.I signed up even though it's not really my type of music. But i'm just a knuckledragger who drinks beeya.

    Those of you that make the trek to Cabo may want to check it out. I believe there may some perks for members.I pop in there every once in a while.

    Heck, it's free.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

    I love coffee and sarcasm.

    RJD \m/


    Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

  14. #14
    Eruption lmr5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.13.02
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,268
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Right Now
    Last Online

    08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Likes
    8
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Playing now: Humans Being (aka one of the songs that helped break up the band).

    BTW, I love this song, Respect the Wind, and Helen Hunt, but I hated Twister.
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

  15. #15
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    Playing now: Humans Being (aka one of the songs that helped break up the band).

    BTW, I love this song, Respect the Wind, and Helen Hunt, but I hated Twister.
    based upon what we read/hear about the end of the Balance tour, i suspect that the end fate was already sealed before they even got to Human's Being...sad but true.
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Cabo Wabo Radio Launches 31-Dec 07
    By looper_guy in forum The Red Rocker
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01.10.08, 10:58 PM
  2. Cabo Wabo Radio Launching
    By Vince G. in forum The Red Rocker
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10.14.07, 01:31 PM
  3. cabo-wabo?
    By eddie 5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05.02.05, 12:17 PM
  4. Cabo Wabo Inc.
    By EUX4Life in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.05.01, 05:14 AM
  5. Cabo Wabo
    By raven in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03.26.01, 07:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •