Save
    Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

03.12.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Even though Valerie Bertinelli has been quoted as saying that Ed is fine and now cancer free, there is certainly a major difference between being deemed "Cancer Free" and "Feeling 100%". With that said, maybe this is another reason for no activity from Van Halen.

If this scenario were to be part of the on-going situation then it leads me to two distinct possibilities for 2003...

1. Dave, Alex, and Mike know that Ed is cancer-free, but is not yet up to the riggers of touring and going ahead full throttle on working on a new CD. If this is the case, wouldn't it be good for DLR to tour with his band to keep "the high note" and for Mikey to do some side work as well???

2. Since Mikey has maintained a friendship with Sammy since his departure from VH, wouldn't it seem logical for Mikey to work with Sammy again and at the same time be a possible mediator for a reconciliation between Ed and Sammy for a VH Mach II reunion in '03???

Just my thoughts about the possible future of VH...Hey you never know!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's a possibility although if it were true why not just tell the fans that. Maybe Ed's just happy being with his family right now and wants to take a break?

Any way you slice it, the fans just want to know what to expect from VH. We'd all like them to reunite, make an album and tour. But all we're really asking for is some info. Right now we're stuck in the same rut waiting day after day for any shred of info. If they'd just come out and say they're taking a break for a little while we wouldn't get so worked up.

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Way Too Difficult
    Last Online

09.23.16 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 24 Posts

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:
    Even though Valerie Bertinelli has been quoted as saying that Ed is fine and now cancer free, there is certainly a major difference between being deemed "Cancer Free" and "Feeling 100%". With that said, maybe this is another reason for no activity from Van Halen.

If this scenario were to be part of the on-going situation then it leads me to two distinct possibilities for 2003...

1. Dave, Alex, and Mike know that Ed is cancer-free, but is not yet up to the riggers of touring and going ahead full throttle on working on a new CD. If this is the case, wouldn't it be good for DLR to tour with his band to keep "the high note" and for Mikey to do some side work as well???

2. Since Mikey has maintained a friendship with Sammy since his departure from VH, wouldn't it seem logical for Mikey to work with Sammy again and at the same time be a possible mediator for a reconciliation between Ed and Sammy for a VH Mach II reunion in '03???

Just my thoughts about the possible future of VH...Hey you never know!!!
    Great post AP5150. There must be some curious strain of Jungian Synchronicity floating around in the ether at the moment - I swear I was just gonna post almost the exact same sentiments before I read this!! I predict absolutely nothing from VH in 2002, I've already geared myself up for this outcome. Strong possibility of scenarios 1 or 2 coming to pass in 2003.
    Salt shaker, little lick a lime...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i've also said with mike helping sammy out that i think it could be a ploy to get sam back. stranger things have happened, and with van halen you never know.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

ALL!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL!..Except "Loss of Control"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got this in from someone at the VHML at yahoogroups:

>From: Mike Sutherland
    >To: vh@yahoogroups.com
    >Subject: [vh] Fwd: [VHML-Classic] UNBELIEVABLE VAN VAN HALEN NEWS!!!
    >Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:35:12 -0800 (PST)
    >
    >from the classic list -- again with out the damn
    >attachment.
    >
    >
    >I guess the fat lady has sung her tune folks. Anyone
    >anticipating this
    >band to do anything in the near future can forget it.
    >Rumor has it
    >(and I
    >don't post rumors unless...)
    >that the brothers let Scotty Ross go. I'm fucking
    >floored........
    >
    >Remember....you heard it hear first.

I have NO idea if it is true. I don't understand why, if it is true, they would let a valued member like Scotty go.

There was a previous email that was supposed to have an attachment with some "UNBELIEVEABLE VAN HALEN NEWS", but the attachment wasn't, uh...attached. So I can't tell you what this news was supposed to be.

I left the person's name in the header, but deleted his email addy, so people wouldn't think this was bullshit. I have never posted anything resembling a rumor since my enrollment here, so I hope that accounts for something.
    "Are you the guy with the Van Halen tickets?"<br /><br />"I might be....."