Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default FX Loop question

I run a line 6 delay through my Marshall head and am considering getting a BBE Boosta Grande pedal so I can boost my leads. (I hate volume pedals) Anyway, is is possible to run a pedal through my FX Loop in addition to my Line 6 Delay? In other words, does it work to chain a couple of pedals throught 1 FX loop?
    In case you are wondering why I want to do this, the reviews of the BBE Boosta pedal state that in order to get the desired effect when using distortion you need to run it through an FX loop. If I were only running a clean signal I could run it in the same chain of effects in my pedal board then straight into the head. The reviews claim it only adds extra gain and not volume boost when using distortion unless ran through an FX Loop. Thanks everyone!
    As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
    - John Lennon

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warmoth View Post
    I run a line 6 delay through my Marshall head and am considering getting a BBE Boosta Grande pedal so I can boost my leads. (I hate volume pedals) Anyway, is is possible to run a pedal through my FX Loop in addition to my Line 6 Delay? In other words, does it work to chain a couple of pedals throught 1 FX loop?
    In case you are wondering why I want to do this, the reviews of the BBE Boosta pedal state that in order to get the desired effect when using distortion you need to run it through an FX loop. If I were only running a clean signal I could run it in the same chain of effects in my pedal board then straight into the head. The reviews claim it only adds extra gain and not volume boost when using distortion unless ran through an FX Loop. Thanks everyone!
    Shouldn't be an issue. The effects would be the same as chaining them in line straight to input except its a difference of the EFX coming pre or post pre-amp. As per the literature you have, the loop keeps the EFX from coloring the preamp overdrive sound. Its just a matter of balancing the level of the effects relative to each other and relative to the mix you want between the pre-amp signal and EFX. Then its a matter of the sequence of your effects in the loop to your liking based on what you use.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.18.13 @ 05:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought boost/ distorsion pedals went between guitat & amp. Delay, flange, etc went in the loop.