Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OKLAHOMA CITY KICKED ASS!

H O L Y S M O K E!

4th time for me to see this tour....last show I saw was the Kansas City disaster and let me just start by saying...that was it! By far the best show of the tour and top 3 VH shows of all time for me....

EVERYONE...crowd included was on top of their game. That was simply a magical night.

Dave was all over the place...Eddie....did it like it was his last night to ever play the guitar.

Wolfy...the boy is getting better.

Al? What else do you expect!

Few quick things...

Looked like Eddie got in a dog fight! Had his right hand in a bandage and his first finger had a nice cut on it....and he is sporting what looks like a new wedding ring....this was much thicker that the others that he wore....who knows...who freaking cares!

It was a flawless night and the band knew it. There was something in the air....first night of the 2nd leg could not have started any better.

Trust me when I say this....YOU MISSED THE SHOW OF ALL SHOWS on this tour tonight!

More later...gotta try to get some sleep....everyone else who was there you know what you saw....TELL 'EM ABOUT IT!
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by 5150Sooner View Post
    H O L Y S M O K E!

4th time for me to see this tour....last show I saw was the Kansas City disaster and let me just start by saying...that was it! By far the best show of the tour and top 3 VH shows of all time for me....

EVERYONE...crowd included was on top of their game. That was simply a magical night.

Dave was all over the place...Eddie....did it like it was his last night to ever play the guitar.

Few quick things...

Looked like Eddie got in a dog fight! Had his right hand in a bandage and his first finger had a nice cut on it....and he is sporting what looks like a new wedding ring....this was much thicker that the others that he wore....who knows...who freaking cares!

It was a flawless night and the band knew it. There was something in the air....first night of the 2nd leg could not have started any better.

Trust me when I say this....YOU MISSED THE SHOW OF ALL SHOWS on this tour tonight!

More later...gotta try to get some sleep....everyone else who was there you know what you saw....TELL 'EM ABOUT IT!
    Oh yeah.....one last thing....that is it for me on this tour. I don't think it could get any better and I don't want to risk it! If this is as far as this goes with this band then I am happy and will be thankful. This 36 year old man can sit back, smile and never ever forget this night....

I am telling you....I have seen them so many times and this was by far the best...have I said that!?!?!?!?!

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Looked like Eddie got in a dog fight! Had his right hand in a bandage and his first finger had a nice cut on it....
    He hurt his hand setting fire to all those headphones....
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    He hurt his hand setting fire to all those headphones....
    one question any changes to the set list.
    they hate if your the same , and they hate you if your different- evh

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 630 Times in 294 Posts

Great to hear! Maybe they will add a couple new songs when they begin to play cities they have already been in.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Here's a question:

You mentioned a bandage on Ed's hand and someone else mentioned it being a wrap. Two things:

1) Which hand was it on

2) Could it have been a wrap to help with circulation (such as people wear for arthritis?) That could explain why he was so on last night....and not in Vegas.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lal5150 View Post
    one question any changes to the set list.
    No change at all. Someone in the review thread said so.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Here's a question:

You mentioned a bandage on Ed's hand and someone else mentioned it being a wrap. Two things:

1) Which hand was it on

2) Could it have been a wrap to help with circulation (such as people wear for arthritis?) That could explain why he was so on last night....and not in Vegas.
    Nope...it was wrapped because it looked like he got in a dog fight. His first finger on his left hand (the one that was wrapped) hada nice cut on it that you could see plain as day....
    It was just gauze bandage...nothing to help arthritis or anything like that. The man was killing it last night. Plain and simple.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    No change at all. Someone in the review thread said so.
    Not one change at all...same order....but we got alot...I mean alot of adlib blues fills, and other fun stuff I had not seen on the other 3 shows. Like I said...there was something and they knew it about last night. It was pure magic. Magic bus, Smoke on the Water was there...but there was some serious filling in and extending on the fills and connection between Roth and Eddie.

The whole motorcycle/car thing was really good last night too...the crowd just ate it ALL up...they wanted so much more of it all!

I was reminded that for the first 2-3 songs Roth's voice was not loud enough, but they fixed it quick and blazed on through.

The show started at 8:30 and ended right around 10:45 or so...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

He sure seems to injure himself on the hands a lot, which is curious given how dependant he is on them. I think I would have my hands in a glass case like David Ducovny in Zoolander.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

H O L Y S M O K E!

Few quick things...

Looks like there is already a thread about this show...http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/1-22...ok-t42273.html Could be the REVIEW thread.....I don't know...I could be wrong....actually no I'm not wrong...because you just copied and pasted your Review and made it it's own topic

Glad to hear you had a GREAT time at the show though...
    Last edited by MF5150; 01.23.08 at 07:14 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah...I didn't see the sticky for OKC, but had to share the news...it was just too good to wait for the sticky!

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 1,331 Times in 801 Posts

Yeah...I didn't see the sticky for OKC, but had to share the news...it was just too good to wait for the sticky!

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

I hope VH brings this majic to the Houston show!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.22.10 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sooner, like you said....They Kicked Ass last night, I also saw them in KC and this show was the best I have seen in so long I don't think I'll ever see better, my only thought is if we can get a new album I can die a happy man, Eddie and Dave Rocked their asses off... Wolfie has improved so much, his stage presence and attitude and what can be said about Al Rock Solid as ever....